Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My thoughts on pregnancy.

something my friends and i discuss ALL the TIME my auguement "but there never seems to be enough time for anything it seems" i'm 25 and if i don't have a baby by 28 i'm over it. i'm working on my masters and i want to focus on my career. i also want to travel, and there like servel things on my list i need to do before i even think about that it be about 40 to complete that. my mother had us all doorstep togather she only 45(now i can never find my mother she forever in another country or somewhere out at sea) all of us where grown buy the time she was 39 40 so it does surprise me that more and more women are having babies later. my bf says i worry too much about time but i tell him as a woman it really important and at the end of the day there is never enough time or you have to cut ties somewhere and as always the woman career get put on the back burn. i work too hard for my degrees to never really get a chance to use them. time is a friend to no man or no woman for that matter.

anyway ladies good luck!

Hi girls! i soo wish you all the very best in your baby ventures. it makes me realise how lucky/blessed i have been.

quick overview first baby 32 at over 330lbs about 8 mts to conceive second baby 34 230 odd lbs wasnt even trying. the weight loss surgury only encouraged my body as i was pregnant within 2 mts of surgury!!!!!!! i am now 26 weeks pregnant and still lossing weight, even though it has slowed down dramatically its still comming off. since finding out i was pregnant im down about 24lbs (so 20 weeks 24lbs)

I would totally have to agree with the comments about if the time is right....the time is right!!! your body will kick in when its ready. god only knows that mine did!!!

in conclusion girls, think positive and imbrace all the baby vibes at the shops when you see pregnant bellies go past. find the botton in heart that says im ready, close your eyes, take a deep breath and exhale! you guys have already done so much hard work no matter what stage of the game your at! i think if we can all continue to eat well there is no reason why we cant have the weight loss and Bito (bun in the oven) at the same time.

good vibes from my growing belly girls.

Ange and Bito.

***Children/Pregnancy mentioned***

I'm not trying to conceive any longer (I think about it but realize it's pure insanity) but I really wanted to chime in for Ash and Tiffykins. I'm pre-WLS as Tricare isn't covering the sleeve right now and I'm saving up to pay cash so my opinions are purely based on size and pregnancy from my own experience as a short little chubby person trying to conceive (TTC).

Ash, I say go for it now. Why wait for a few more pounds? If weight is going to stop you from getting pregnant than you'll just wind up trying for a few more months until your body is comfortable. TTC can be a long journey (I pray for you that it won't be), so you're not really hurting anything if you stop that birth control now and continue on the same healthy path you're already on re: weight loss. You are definitely not too old to conceive but there is no reason to wait if you are feeling ready to try. That's just my opinion. What's wrong with us when women think our ovaries are dried up and dying when we're in our early thirties? My great-grandmother popped out her last kid when she was fifty (she had fourteen altogether) and she was of a size with me.

Tiffykins, TTC is stressful enough. It's hard for you and my heart just goes out to you because I was there in your shoes just a few years ago (only as a fat girl - not a skinny cutie like you). Try your hardest to make it fun. Once you get stressed about TTC you make it even harder. My DH and I were TTC for three years before we finally got pregnant. I finally had to throw the basal body thermometer and charts out because sex really was scheduled - when we could have it and when we couldn't. How sad is that?! It's hard enought with a military man who is gone all the time, but to have a separation and then not enjoy each other sexually when he got home because it wasn't the right time was a bit over the top. It was so hard for me because my husband's (evil) ex-wife conceived twice while we were trying. I was miserable and because pregnancy was on the brain all I saw were pregnant women everywhere. I would hear women complain about unexpected pregnancies and it would make me so sad and angry. I completely understand. Just try to keep it fun, lady! Try not to get so stressed you stop enjoying your husband, and try not to spend all of your time watching baby shows and reading about pregnancy online. I did both of those things for most of the three years and by the end I was so depressed and moody that my husband was reconsidering children altogether.

And to anyone on this thread - sometimes a doctor will blame your infertility on weight without good reason. It's one thing when your weight stops ovulation or you have a related condition like PCOS. It's another thing entirely to have them neglect to run tests or take your issues seriously because of your size.

I was told for THREE (F'N) YEARS that DH and I weren't getting pg because of my weight. I went on diet after diet trying to frantically drop 80 pounds so that I could be a normal size (I'm 5'1" and was about 220 pounds). Each failure lead to more stress and more despondency.

It wasn't until the FOURTH doctor that they bothered to test my husband. Lo and behold...he's clinically sterile.

We did IVF w/ICSI and conceived twins on our first go-round. I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and have two year old boy/girl twins.

So all of that to say that once you've lost a good portion of your weight it's probably okay to start trying. Not everyone is the same and certainly waiting a few more years won't kill anyone but why wait if you've already lost a significant amount of weight and feel ready to try? So long as you try to have a healthy pregnancy using your new sleeve tool and you keep exercising you should be fine!

Just my two cents. Sorry to barge in, carry on!

~Cheri