Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My favorite has been the Isopure Ready-to-drink bottles. They are a clear liquid with 40g of Protein per bottle. They taste like watered-down Kool-aid. GNC and Vitamine Shoppes have them in a cooler so you can buy one of several flavors to find one you like. I tried about 4 flavors and found one I like the best. They are 1000 times better than the bullets. Those made me gag! I tried the powered Isopure, but didn't care for it. I'd rather pay a little more for something I will actually use.

Man, I gotta say it's it sooooooo odd how we all find each of these things to be so different. I tried the Isopure BIG bottles (with the 40gs of protein) and that stuff was so horrible, it made me gag. Left a film of gunk in my mouth, I was pissed that I bought more than one bottle, as they were like $4+ per bottle. AH! The bullets weren't my fav either, but the Water helped me get through it...

Best to all of us in trying to find what works! :smile:

Saulzy- I totally understand how u feel about the gaging and the even the THOUGHT of gagging down a Protein Shake makes me sad. One thing I've been doing is in a water bottle mixing half a bottle o Isopure RTD which would b 20g Protein and then the other half Water and a hawaiin punch sugar-free to-go packet (which come in a bunch of awesome fruity flavors) this concoction is pretty decent. Then the other thing is I've been making vanilla protein pudding made by ProDesert. It's instant pudding tht u mix with water and gives 25g protein. It's really yummy and I've added a little sugarfree flavored syrups i.e. Butterscotch, cookie dough, etc. This has been a yummy protein treat that goes down amazingly!!!

Hey, I live in K.C. too! :-) I am worried about that, but I tried Medifast in the past, and got use to it. My problem right now is starting my pre op diet. I am a week out Tuesday morning and all I have been able to do is say... tomorrow, tomorrow.. Fortunately I have a BMI of 31 maybe 32 now, since I have eaten anything and everything that I perceive I wont in the future, from chips to corn... to carmel etc.. etc... I am totally ASHAMED, EMBARASSED and feel bloated and crummy! *ugh!

It makes me wonder if this is saying something to me, like I am not serious.. but I feel like I am. ooops, sorry i kinda went off on a tangent!

Lol you guys are great. I did find at target a canned Protein Drink called pure Protein. I bought the vanilla and low and behold it taste decent. I was sooo happy. 100 calories 2, 21 gr protein, and 4gr carbs. I think it is good but everyone is different. :)

My doctor gave me a recipe for double protien milk: 1c skim milk 9g protien ( I buy the Bordens kid builder it has 1 xtra g of protien), 1/3 c nonfat powdered milk 8g protien. I usually mix with carnation inst. Breakfast 6g. It's really good seeing as I hate the bullets, etc. If I'm brave I'll add some protien shake to it.. Usuly banana flavored.

Stuck I am glad to hear from you! I don't remember reading about how you liked it there in Mexicali. Did you have a nice experience there?

Yeah I noticed the pills were like 1gram per pill totally not worth it. I will just have to look around and try. Hopefully I can start eating a little more to where I can eat meat to get my Protein. I cant stand the powders! I have tried a bullet and it too was disgusting. Hopefully it will get better soon!!!! :)

I agree I couldn't stomach any of those clear fruity Isopure or Protein bullets (although I didn't try every individual brand out there). If you have a Trader Joe's store, in your neighborhood, they have come out with their own brand (Trader Joe's) fruit juice or nectar blends, (similar to the "Naked" drinks. One of them is a high Protein Drink made with whole food natural fruit juices of the tropical variety. There may be some carbs but they are from fresh fruit. Each container is I think 20oz. and has 30 grams protein. You can find them in the refrigerated section, or ask a store clerk to find it for you. Also they are not "bariatric" concoctions with artificial sweeteners and weird tastes that can elicit the gag response.

My doctor gave me a recipe for double protien milk: 1c skim milk 9g protien ( I buy the Bordens kid builder it has 1 xtra g of protien), 1/3 c nonfat powdered milk 8g protien. I usually mix with carnation inst. Breakfast 6g. It's really good seeing as I hate the bullets, etc. If I'm brave I'll add some protien shake to it.. Usuly banana flavored.

Now that could work! I never thought of checking powdered milk. Smart doctor there.

I just got my Beneprotien in yesterday! Wooohooo NO taste! Not so good in hot stuff, but great in milk, shakes, etc! 2 scoops is an xtra 12 g of protien..with no flavor ... Thank you Lord for the small things :biggrin0:

I was sleeved 10/16 and a few days into a full liquid diet I felt just like you. I did not think I could choke another Protein Shake down.... I asked my Doc if it was more important to get in fluids or Protein right now, and he said that they were both equally important. He suggested Greek yogurt. It has saved my life! It is yummy and creamy. Eight oz of nonfat yogurt have 120 calories and 23 grams of protein! A bite that I can handle is the amount I can lick off the back of my baby spoon, but if I keep working I can get it down in about an hour.

It is so funny to me that everyone hates the Protein Drinks so much. I know people say that your taste can change after the surgery but I have been trying them to find the ones I like prior to surgery. I have tried several now and there hasn't been one yet that I just couldn't stomach. Don't get me wrong not all of them tasted great but none so bad I couldn't finish it. Some I actually liked. So far i've tried the orange creme chike brand mixed with milk, nectar caribbean cooler mixed with Water (had to add extra water too sweet with packet directions), ready to drink pure Protein vanilla creme and Cookies and cream, and Unjury both vanilla and chocolate mixed with coffee in the morning. So far my favorite was the chike orange creme and milk. I didn't really like the ready drink pure protein cookies and creme but i still was able to finish it. Maybe i am just not that picky. I find it easier if you don't smell it while you are drinking. The smell can be kind of a turn off but it really isn't that bad.

I am with you Heart. There are bunches of them that I like. There are plenty of times that I am just not in the mood to cook, and a Protein drink is so easy, and they really hit the spot.

Well I also agree with both of you. I tried the Unjury and Adkins ones before surgery and liked them. I still like them, but for a few days after surgery they turned my stomach and the Greek yogurt Saved me on those days...

The main problem I am having with the Protein Shakes right now in this stage of the game is the Volume. It takes a looong time to get one down.

I'm having a hard time getting all the Protein i'm supposed to also. I just got sleeved on 3/17, so I'm really trying to not let it get away from me. At this point I've realized I only take about 20, maybe 30 g of Protein. The majority is a drink I found called "Believe". 120 cals, 5g carbs, 20 g protein. My favorite flavor is creme brulee. It's so delicious. I had bought a bunch of different flavors, but this one is the only one i've been drinking!

Also, with the Isopure clear drinks, they are easier to tolerate if you put a little bit of Splenda in them. For some reason that helps. :)

weight.png

Isopuke (Isopure) tastes like fruit flavored liquid soap to me. The only two times that I have been nauseated in the whole process is (1) when they gave me Isopuke on my breakfast tray and (2) when they put a blue Protein bullet on my breakfast tray. Both of them might as well have been Syrup of Ipecac.