Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Talked to my Chiropractor today...

and let's just say he's less than thrilled with the idea of me having this surgery. Before surgery was brought up I asked him if he thought that my lower back issues and my arches in my feet being messed up so badly (and my knee because my lower/back hips are all out of whack) could have anything to do with the fact that my weight is in my middle, mostly in the front. He said that it could definitely play a roll in those issues. Then I told him why I asked, LOL

He's all about doing everything naturally, he doesn't even like the use of tylenol or ibuprofen if it can be avoided. So, I kind of expected that from him. He asked if I had had my thryoid checked, tried the exercise and eathing healthy route and all that. I had told him that when it came time for all the paperwork to be submitted I would appreciate a letter for the insurance company explaining my issues and how they are related to or aggravated by the weight. He said make sure I have SEVERAL consultations before deciding on anything and know the ins and outs of every single aspect. So, while he may write a letter for me when it's time, he's definitely going to be reluctant, which I can understand.

But, just one more thing to add to the list that could and probably would be improved by me having the surgery.

Have a great day everyone!!

It's hard for some who have never been obese themselves (and even some who are) to understand this step. It sounds like you did well and realize a bit of where his reluctance is coming from (all natural side). Good luck!

KKandrod: My knees used to kill me. Once I lost about 40 pounds, the pain left me and has not returned since. You will be amazed and how much weight loss relieves pain in the lower extremities.

I understand your chiropractor's reluctance. He has some good points, but as the other poster said, has not walked in your shoes...literally. I embrace and practice the "no medicine" rule also, as much as I can. Right now, circumstances require that I take a lot of stuff though, for my own good...H2 blocker, multiple Vitamins and minerals mostly...but I hope and plan to get off as many as I can once I can eat more and get my nutrition from food. You need what YOU need. But he sounds like a "keeper" too.

Edited by cajun
spelling

It's hard for some who have never been obese themselves (and even some who are) to understand this step. It sounds like you did well and realize a bit of where his reluctance is coming from (all natural side). Good luck!

There are obese chiropractors out there and even some (me) who are doing WLS. It is just so important that people dont use surgery as a first attempt at losing. That being said there are so many benefits to losing weight that I would recommend it to any patient I thought needed it with a clear concience.

Nevermind. :)

Edited by Stacy160