Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to stop loosing now

I'm not at that point at all!! But I have noticed that when I get out of one group of numbers ( 190 ) and now in the 80's... I take it much slower.

I can't wait to get out of the 80's but am not "pushing" it that fast or hard.

I have had people tell me I need to stop losing... but you know how people are! The big talk at work is my butt.... LMAO ( or lack of one) Flat 'ole pacake butt I have!!

I'm really fortunate.. I do not have the turkey neck!! But I have also done alot of face exercises too. Not sure if that helped or not. I also have lost alot in my arms and shoulders, I use to always feel like a linebacker because I am so broad shouldered and big boned.

Is kinda funny when people comment on that too. Say I am "gaunt" I'm not... take a look at the pics I posted in my one year make album.... you be the judge if I'm "gaunt"

Honest answers!!!

Give your skin time to catch up! While you're still losing weight, of course no skin can keep up - it will be shrinking a bit all the time but as you continue to lose weight, it won't show much. Once you've reached whatever goal you set and maintain weight, your skin will probably continue to adjust for some time afterwards. Of course this is an individual thing, but for me at least saggy skin will be a thing to live with - and it will be a joy compared to lugging all that excess weight around. I've still got a long way to go but I came into this prepared for the skin issue.

Okay, you guys are scaring me now. :scared0: Although I desperately want to lose this weight, I don't want to be anorexic looking at any point. The word skinny really doesn't set well with me either. You guys all look great in your album pics, but what if some people can't stop loosing weight and end up underweight. I would never have thought that I would ever have to worry about that! :)

So how do you stop the weight loss? Is this phenomenom of loosing past past your goal weight related to the size of the sleeve (boughie) you get?

This is first day since I learned of this procedure that anything has made me stop for even a second to reconsider getting it done. I've got 3 months left to figure it out so your input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm scheduled for June surgery too! I don't think there is a huge problem with not being able to stop losing though. They just add higher calorie foods from what I've been reading. I've been following the faithful here since around Thanksgiving. Nothing has sent up red flags to me! Have you talked to your surgeon about your concerns? I'm going to the seminar next month, hopefully all my questions will be answered. I'll be sure and ask about this now! :)

It is so weird to think that weighing too little could ever be a problem. That would be a first for me.

I can't even imagine it in my WILDEST dreams! LOL

I went through, and currently still dealing with trying to maintain. I started eating more, adding healthy carbs and fats into my diet around my 4th month, and sadly it didn't completely work. I've dropped 20 pounds in 2 months. It's been sporadic losses here and there, nothing consistent on a weekly basis, but nothing is really stopping it.

I can honestly say my skin is looking way better. My arms won't ever be normal, and I don't have any desire to wear sleeveless or tank tops. It's my weird aversion to armpits. Anyways, if you decide you want to slow it down, you can, but don't expect it to stop. I would wake up one day weigh and maintaining, happy go lucky, get 2 days later weigh, and dropped 3-4 pounds in a matter of a couple of days.

Tiff, gosh darn it your story sounds so different than our bandster story, losing the weight with the band was HARD all the time, NEVER did i wake up and say ohhh i lost 3-4 lbs without trying? ha? I guess since all i know is the band (8 years) all i can think is it will be painful like that? don't know if that makes sense to you, one of the hardest things i've done was to lose 166 lbs with the band, and i did get to goal 126 lbs and i thought about it every day, everymeal, and even then it was soooo difficult to maintain, i mean everyday so when someone with the sleeve says they are having a hard time stopping losing weight for me it is a strange concept. Next week i will be going in to have my band taken out, permanently this time, then wait a few months, since my eophagus is too damaged then the sleeve (or however long it take for the appeal) I am afraid i will fail with the sleeve....

Carolyn,

while i can't comment on the sleeve because i have not had it yet, waiting, i can comment on your skin quality. skin elasticity is dependent on many factors, age, how much one has lost, hereditary etc. I lost 166 lbs with the lap band going down to 126 lbs. I am 44, have had 4 pregnancies, have lsot and gained more weight than i think is humanly possible, so skin redundancy was my coming my way, and it came. So don't worry so much about that, there really is nothing you can do about that, once damaged it is permanent, unless you opt for surgery (i have had ps to fix that) first ask yourself if you and your dr are comfortable at this weight-try not to look at physical so much as your overall health? did you have co-morbidities? also remember that it is not usual to dip a little lower at the begining till your body adjusts then you may gain 10 lbs. so don't worry about "looking yucky" with your deflated skin, think how much better you will feel with the weight off, and if you are done and feel comfortable then start incorporating more carbs into your diet (not garbage carbs, just good carbs) you will certainly stop losing weight that way. losing weight like you have posted, and trying to stop losing weight is such a stange concept with me, with the lap band it is soo different, as i struggled all the time, everyday.....wishing you great results with everything you decide

I haven't been back to this post for quite awhile. Well, I am at 180 still. and still exercizing. I have been eating a bit more. My face is ----well I am adjusting to it. I look good when I smile so smile it is!

I think I will have the "life style lift" done in December. it pulls the neck up and the mouth area. It is approx $3,200. in Orange County CA.

I am thinking of going to Mexicali for arm and leg lifts. Just too expensive here in SOCal. I would do this next Feb or March. M A Y B E. I have not made up my mind.

I am in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and just about living in a swimsuit. So, I am getting adjusted to what I am seeing. I am so active, I would NEVER go back. I am NOT sorry I got my sleeve done. I am just coming to terms with this weight loss. The weight coming off is so good in so many ways that count for so much more than what I see in the mirror. I get it. I just want to make it a little better. Kinda tweak it a bit.

Anyway I will let you all know if and when I do "anything" surgery wise. Until then I am going to keep exercising and smiling. lol

I don't have any desire to wear sleeveless or tank tops. It's my weird aversion to armpits. .

OMG, I have this aversion too! Not to my own or female armpits, i'll wear tank tops and spaghetti straps happily because although my butt is a sad and sorry sight, I have fantastic arms, if I do say so myself.

But nothing nauseates me more than males wearing tank tops. That quiff of armpit hair, its absolutely disgusting. No matter how muscly, young and tanned the male is, its a look that I really find repulsive. ALL men should wear sleeves!

Sorry to hijack!

I find this thing about looking "anorexic" or skinny at healthy weights really really hard to understand. Its all over both this board and lapband talk. What is so scary about being a healthy weight?

I am 5ft 10 and have settled at 148lb, yet people all over LBT say OMG, I would look SICK at that weight. No, you wouldnt. Its smack bang in the MIDDLE of the healthy weight range for my height, its not even close to approaching underweight and I call what I have curves, I dont call rolls of fat and boobs that are big only because of extra body fat curves.

I think that we're so used to seeing ourselves fat and so used to seeing other people fat that for many of us, our view of "normal" is way off base. I defy anyone to say I am "too skinny". I may not be someones type as they may like heavier women with more coverage but I get really angry when people imply that I'm obsessed, skinny or underweight or even that its unattractive. To me, it isnt. I think its quite normal to see elbows, knees, hips and collarbones and that if you cant see those things, you probably have too much body fat!

I get that being older (and I fall into this category somewhat too) is an issue and that we do look better face wise with a bit of padding as we get older. And its absolutely true that my face would look better with a bit miore fat, but my butt sure wouldnt. And that's where any weight I gained would go.

to the OP, you sound like you're adjusting a bit too - sometimes VERY quick weight loss is really really hard to get your head around. I lost weight quite slowly and I still had a period where if I'd had the money I would have been nipped and tucked to within an inch of my life, now I'm really really glad I didnt. I'm used to how I look now.

Edited by Jachut

To me there are only 3 things that truly matter.

1. You are healthy.

2. You are happy.

3. You feel comfortable with yourself.

At whatever weight these things are true for you, that is where you should stay ;)

Hi Caroline, try taking collagen supplements. I think they have helped me considerably, I take marine collagen ones before bed time. I use Nivea soft on my face daily too. And I have used bio oil on my stretched bits and scar sites, but any Vitamin e enhanced oil will do I think. And you have to give the skin a year to sort itself out.

Jane x

Christie: thanks. I believe that also. It is just a little harder to live it. lol

Jane X: collagen suppliments? I know about collegen in the cream form that you put on your face/skin. But, I have not heard of supppliments. Like pills? Hummm. I am using various creams and I am getting facials etc. Believe it or not getting a MILD tan has improved the look of my skin. NO sunburn. I will be going back to Anaheim next week. I will look for the collagen suppliments at my health food store or Pharmacy. Thanks for the heads up, I love this board for this reason! ;-}

Hi Carolyn,

Glucosamine 500mg & Marine collagen 400mg - Simply supplements

This is the one I am using at the moment. Hope it helps, figure really this stuff needs to come from the inside as if you just put cream on your skin not much gets through to the lower layers. I love this site too, so many lovely people.

Jane x