Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so very heartbroken, stress , exhausted all the works

so for the past two weeks i have been struggling to stay above 220 i was 216 two weeks ago and then all of sudden i dash back to 218 then 217 then 220! ive triend cutting carbs no luck scale still went up or down i went to eating 600 calories to 900 nothing still in the same boat. i have cried my eyes out for days because i'm so angry at just every thing nothing has change i still can't eat alot the only way i stay above 220 is when i drink just one shake aday and that what i been doing for three days i'm 219 right now i done lost 107 pounds and i can't go back but at the same time i sooooooo exhausted. AS a heavy weight i'm thinking maybe i should have chose the RNY or something else my goal is 150. And for those who want to talk about health and what ever. as i told my BF save it. i'm 25 and looking good is a big thing for me sorry and don't care what anyone think of that. seven years ive been dieting and i just don't have it in me anymore i don't feel better at all i feel like a miss halfway everything is just always halfway with nikki. she almost did it she almost did that. anyway i'm researching to moving on with the ds everyone say a year but at seven months i figure by that time i could prob gaining back 20 pounds in the mean time if not more consider all of sudden my body did a 360 on me.:blink: i just don't understand...........:crying:

xoxo,

nikki

Edited by ryansgirl

Nikki,

I'm sorry you're discouraged. You've had phenomenal results thus, and if you feel DS is the way to go then we'll support you.

But, please do not feel like a failure. Have you been tested for insulin resistance? Have you had your follow up labs pulled? The craziest thing has happened for me with this journey. I increased my calories to 1100-1200, and I started losing again. I was trying to maintain, but I lost. I don't know what gives. I know you're mentally and emotionally tired, but don't beat yourself up over this. Find an amazing DS surgeon, and don't settle for anything less than the best. DS for me was just not an option with all the Vitamin and supplements required to not get deficient. I read about it, but 20-30 Vitamins taken over the course of a day was just too much for me to even consider.

Don't give up on yourself. While researching for an amazing DS surgeon, try adding some healthy carbs in your diet, and let the stress go. Stress will just hurt your body, and give you frown lines, and wrinkles at least that's what my momma told me.

Hang in there, and know we're here to support you.

thanks tiff. my bf is refusing to help pay for it because he keeps asking about our future kids and all the other stuff that comes with it. but at this point i don't know what to do. he suggested this weightloss clinic that has a support group and what not and try that first. he agreed by august if there no change or major weightgain is speedy in sight we will get the ds. so i guess i can agree with that. lol and i really don't wan the lines from stress. i feel better these are feelings i was just holding in and it nice to share them out loud and not get bash for it! i had lab work done and everyhting was fine my B12 was 2000 go fig but other then that i was told everything is fine. i could deal if this was astall but i didn't think you gain weight with stalls right you just stay the same weight? i donn't bu i will try to have a less stressful day today.((hugs))

xoxo,

nikki

Edited by ryansgirl

Nikki,

We're all here to support you in any way that we can. What about trying the 5 day pouch test? I know that stress can lead to gain or stall. Maybe it's time to take the focus off the weightloss for a little while and find joy in other areas. I can only imagine how frightening it must be to see the scale go up. Hang in there. I bet your body isn't done losing!

Nikki, change up your diet like Tiffy suggested. Let go. I hear your discouragment. You need some peace in your life. Start over. 2 days clears 2 days full 2 days mushies. Then go on a calorie diet right for you. I had to do that to get back on track after the Christmas cookie addiction happened. Please be willing to change up the routine when it is not working. The sleeve will work for you, it already has. Breathe deep and go gently into the storm. We are with you. (((huge hugs))))

Tiffy or anyone, i need help with Vitamin choice. You mentioned 20-30/day. What vitamin(s) does everyone take. Do i need Calcium also and Nexium on a permanent basis? I am about 2 weeks out to surgery and i would like to get all that is needed in advance..

awww hang in there honey!

It sounds like you have a good plan in place!

If you decide to go with the DS thats ok too.

My mom has the DS- she has had it for 12 years and she is doing fine.

She takes Vitamins but we all should be taking vitamins right?

I am sending you a big hug and lifting you up in prayer.

it will be ok no matter what!

xo

:)

thanks guys!!! i will and just to let you guys know i'm not quiting and i wont give up and i wont disappear i know so many do when they feeling sad and like a failure i wont i will fight on maybe i will try the basics and it really nice you guys are here for me! ((HUGS)):)

xoxo,

nikki

Tiffy or anyone, i need help with Vitamin choice. You mentioned 20-30/day. What vitamin(s) does everyone take. Do i need Calcium also and Nexium on a permanent basis? I am about 2 weeks out to surgery and i would like to get all that is needed in advance..

SLEEVE,

If you are getting the VSG done, you do not need to take 20-30 Vitamins a day. She was referring to people who get the DS procedure done. They are restricted and malabsorbtive so they have to take a bunch of Vitamins.< /p>

I do take a Calcium chewable morning and night as well as 2 chewable complete vitamins at lunch. I never had heartburn issues and figured I wouldn't need to take an acid reducer post-op. I have never felt any pain, but I did have the hunger sensation that many have attributed to acid over-production. I started taking Prevacid once a day in the morning and it resolved those weird hunger panges I was having in the afternoon. I would think I was hungry but when I tried to eat I was still stuffed from lunch. I am glad to have figured that out.

Bill

Ryans girl! We are here to support you. During my stall I did gain some pounds 2.1 pounds to be precise. So I kept floating between 177 and 179.1, and this was two weeks after my surgery. My stall also lasted 23 days, and it was hellish. We will certainly support you if you decide to go the DS route, but in the meantime, consider going back to the very basics- even for just a few days. Reduce the carbs, drink Water, get your Protein in, don't cut back on the calories-but watch those numbers, and switch up the exercise.

I also had a sneaking suspicion that I may be insulin resistant. I will be seeing my physician in a week, but in the meantime, I am taking some cinnamon pills to control my blood sugar.

I am sure you are doing the very best you can, and we are cheering you on :thumbup:

think positive, that's the best thing to do!! plus don't feel discouraged, things will start looking better you'll see. just don't give up as you said!!!

I'm sorry that is for DS patients, not sleeve patients.

I take 2 great quality multi Vitamins (daily, chewables), 1 sublingual B12 (every other day), 1 Prilosec 20mg once daily, and 3 calcium citrate capsules daily. These are the vitamins/supplements I take because of the sleeve. I took a Multivitamin before surgery so that wasn't a new thing for me.

I CHOOSE to take Omega 3s, and ground flax seed for my own personal reasons. But, cleared it with my surgeon.