Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you're going to Mexico for a lapband read this!

:help:

I can't figure out if I'm a know-it-all or if I'm stupid - willbethin can't make up her mind! :biggrin1:

And all this time I just thought I was arrogant. :heh:

Try to find someone else to pick on for awhile! Bring your one fan with you!!! I never said, arrogant....I believe it was ignorant!!! Stop writing on this thread, go somewhere else. If you don't have any information to help others than move on. Good luck with your upcoming surgery;)

I have chosen a doctor in Mexico, Dr. Rumbaut. I feel extremely comfortable with my decision. I have heard so many good things from other patients that chose Rumbaut and other good docs in Mexico. In fact I think if we did a survey we'd find that patients that go to Mexico that followed their doctors post-op instructions and get good follow up care are just as successful as US patients. I believe Dr. Rumbaut cares. He has a band himself and his coordinator Cathy does too! She and I talked on the phone for over 30 minutes the other day. She NEVER mentioned money and I hadn't sent my deposit as of yet. She spent those 30 minutes getting to know me and my history. She said she wanted to make sure that I knew what to expect from the lap-band. She also encouraged me and told me that lap-band would help me experience things I've never been able to experience.

It's very easy when you have had a bad experience to expect the same for others and it's good to be cautious when it comes to your body. BUT research, a good attitude and realistic expectations pay off. I have learned so much from the bandsters on LBT and I still feel like I am making the best choice for me and my family.

Dancing Queen

Scheduled 6-27-06

Dr. Roberto Rumbaut

256/242/150

You will not be sorry with your choice Dr. Rumbaut. My wife and I were banded 5/11/2006 by Dr. Rumbaut and could not be happier.

Dr Horacio Guajardo came by our room at the hotel and stayed for over an hr. Saturday morning and that evening Dr. Rumbaut came and stayed for at least 1 1/2 hrs. Later Saturday night one of the women doctors came and gave the wife and I a shot to prevent blood clots. The hospital in Monterrey makes the hospitals here in Corpus Christi look like dumps. Much cleaner. I think you have made a good choice.

WE will be returning to Monterrey for our fill.

papajoe & mama anna

:confused:

I never said you called me arrogant - I called myself arrogant!

Oh yeah - and bite me.

I'm going back to monterrey for my first fill too, whenever that is. I love it there. I'd live there.

(pulls out the Water hose and hoses down willbethin and fishy)

Are you saying the INAMED band 11cm is not FDA approved? Can you tell me where to find this information? Thank you! Thank you!!

Inamed makes and markets bands for the US market and for the world in general. The fact that a particular model is not FDA approved DOES NOT MEAN that it is "FDA-disapproved," so to speak. It means that Model A (for lack of a better name) was presented and approved in the US and then they decided to tweak it a little and made the "new and improved" Model B available to the international market...but didn't want to hassle with the FDA again because the Model A had already been approved and was "good enough."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

I went to Mexico for my surgery because everyone I contacted in the States said I didn't qualify at my BMI (under 30).

--> THIS is wacko! Why would you go through surgery with such a low BMI???? We have debated the virtues of banding under 40 or 35 BMI here...but 30???? What a crock!!!

I have had a problem with my weight for my entire life and have struggled my entire life. After discussing with Coordinator (Salesperson) on the phone I decided I would go for it!

I had it done in Mexico in March of 2006 and went back for a fill the next month and he put in 5 cc's. Still nothing! Went to new Doc in April and had another cc and then recently another 3/4 cc.

Since, I have found a great Doc. in my area that will do my fills, expensive though because I had my surgery in Mexico. I did find out that he will do surgeries under 30 BMI and get ready for this, is cheaper than Mexico!!!

-->BANDING in the U.S. with a BMI under 30??? This doc is defying the FDA and medical ethics IF (BIG IF) this is true!

Who wouldathunk!!! Cheaper and of course if he does it, he includes the fills in his price, still cheaper than Mexico!!!

I found out the Doc. in Mexico put in the wrong band in me and put my port to close under my skin so it's bulging out of my stomach. That will look really attractive once I start losing.

My new Doc. is telling me how I have to change this and that and exercise etc.......I told him I can do this and lose weight without the band!! He told me he would have never put a band in me and would have done another surgery.

-->So you are badmouthing ALL Mexican docs since you won't name your doc. Way to go. Your prejudices are showing!!!

Just remember in Mexico, that is all they do is put in bands. They don't care about your welfare or if you need this or that, they just want to get the money from you and what recourse do you have? NONE!!

-->AND exactly WHICH even more dangerous surgery is your doc saying he would do on you, a person who by any stretch of the imagination would NEVER qualify for weight loss surgery???? You should tell us the name of your American doc because he/she seems to be a complete quack.

Your post is just vague enough to alarmist, but not detailed enough to be true.

Talk to me before you go to Mexico and I will tell you who to go to.......

March 2006 168 pounds

11 cm band

April put in 5 cc's no loss

April put in 1 cc's no loss

May put in 3/4 cc lost 4 pounds with lots of diet and exercise!!!!

Any more personal comments and this thread will be locked. This is addressed to everyone.

Sorry Alexandra I didn't read your post until I had responded to willbethin. If I am out of line with my post please remove it.

Im with you papajoe, she's gotta be lying about not having bloodwork done. That's bogus.

There are good and bad everywhere!

I had a doctor’s request fax to me and went to a local lab for blood work that was sent directly to Dr. Sanchez 2 weeks before I arrived in Mexico.

I won’t get into the great staff, modern hospital and care I received in Mexico, It was all top notch.

When I had complications, Dr. Sanchez had me come back to Mexico and I was re-banded for FREE.

He is a phone call away.

Inamed makes and markets bands for the US market and for the world in general. The fact that a particular model is not FDA approved DOES NOT MEAN that it is "FDA-disapproved," so to speak. It means that Model A (for lack of a better name) was presented and approved in the US and then they decided to tweak it a little and made the "new and improved" Model B available to the international market...but didn't want to hassle with the FDA again because the Model A had already been approved and was "good enough."

The doctor's also use the Swedish Band, there are 2 brands as far as I know, Swedish and INAMED. I have also been told that the Doctor's in Mexico use the Swedish Band often because they get them cheaper then the INAMED bands. I requested the INAMED FDA approved band so that when I had fills in the States I wouldn't have problems with other doctors, however I was recently told that the 11 cm band (that wasn't suppose to be used on someone of my size) is not FDA approved. I was requesting some reliable information. What your saying is, the 11 cm band was FDA approved at one point and then they made some changes but failed to get it FDA approved this time?

Im with you papajoe, she's gotta be lying about not having bloodwork done. That's bogus.

Tellymelly, I can't tell if you're joking or not but I hope you are. Let's not assume anyone is "lying" about anything, OK? Thanks.

And Papajoe, I did remove your post since you gave me permission. And you might want to rread through the thread before commenting; I think you'll find your questions were answered.

I apologize in advance Alexandra, but I wasn't joking.

There are very important reasons for having bloodwork prior to surgery, including blood clotting and emergency transfusions, etc. I think she's lying. My opinion.

I apologize in advance Alexandra, but I wasn't joking.

There are very important reasons for having bloodwork prior to surgery, including blood clotting and emergency transfusions, etc. I think she's lying. My opinion.

I am not sure why you think I am lying? You wrote days ago stating my thread was the reason you were not posting to this forum? You can't seem to keep away???

I have no reason to lie and I am only warning others with my experience. If you choose to continue acting like a child along with Fishy than perhaps you need to do what you said from the beginning.

I don't need to waste my time with games and ignorance I have much more important things in my life. I check my emails once a day and don't stay on line all day trying to pick fights or call people liars as you and Fishy seem to have been doing lately.

He started sending his messages privately!