Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm convinced....

Love my sleeve! go for it. :)

Everything you wrote sounds about right to me!

Ash! Finally another tall woman! The good thing about us tall folks, we sorta, kinda, can hide our weight really well. . . .mine likes to hide on my behind! hehehe. . . :thumbup::eek:

HI everyone! I'm so glad I found a topic to see how satisfied everyone is with their sleeve surgeries! My Mom is Stoongal (above) she will be accompanying me to Mexico to have my sleeve done in January! Without her love and support I wouldn't be able to do this! I am excited and scared and hopeful and worried about my future after the surgery, but having my Mom go through it already, and for her to be able to come with me to give her love and support while I go through it myself is SO reassuring! As is reading what everyone has to say about their experiences!!

I was hoping to hear if anyone ever regretted their decision to have the surgery, a year, two years even three years post surgery? How have their lives changed? Has it been hard? Have they had anyone react negatively to them having the surgery?

I would love to hear what people have to say!

Thanks!! =)

Welcome! I'm happy to see you here! Your mom is doing so fabulous! Her story about her Mexico visit was such fun to "listen" too. . . I hope your experience is just as good, if not better, as hers! Keep us posted and good luck to you! I'm having my surgery in January too. . . but here in SA

Ash! Finally another tall woman! The good thing about us tall folks, we sorta, kinda, can hide our weight really well. . . .mine likes to hide on my behind! hehehe. . . :eek::eek:

:thumbup::lol0::) that's funny Thin (mine likes to hide on my belly (and doesn't do a very good job)

I am so happy for you to get this done at your age. You won't have to yoyo and ruin you metabolism like I have. You go for it and get healthy and be active. God bless you and your Mom for her support!:thumbup:

Thanks for that warm welcome everyone! I look forward to seeing how everyone is doing as we go through this together!! :fencing:

Carolyn, are you getting your sleeve tomorrow??? Is the date at the bottom of your post right??:001_tt2:

Wow! I hope everything goes GREAT for you! I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear about YOUR success story!:smilielol5:

I am in my hotel in SanDiego. Tomorrow is the day. Went out to Denny's for Soup and salad. Quite good actually. Hubby is doing so well. He IS my man. forgot to weigh myself before I left darn it. I hope they weigh me tomorrow. wow that is the first time I have ever wanted that. LOL

Anyway not too nervous, pretty peaceful and enjoying the beautiful skyline. Big ole cruze ship was leaving when we walked out for dinner. Made me think of the group cruize idea again. I still like it. Just not till I am thin.

forgot to bring our cards, I know they have them there, just don't have any HERE. Ohwell.

I will post again when I can.

Fly with me Angels.

Carolyn - The angels are flying with you and God will be guiding your surgeon's hands ... we'll be looking forward to hearing from you when you're up to posting!

I made it home today from the hospital... Day 3... still kind of rough... worse than anything is having this stupid drainage bag! I don't get it out until tuesday... :-( I think I'll go crazy before then.... Any advice about what I can drink? The nutricionist hasn't had time to meet with me yet. The doctor told me gatorade, chicken broth, Water and Jello. Sound right?

I made it home today from the hospital... Day 3... still kind of rough... worse than anything is having this stupid drainage bag! I don't get it out until tuesday... :-( I think I'll go crazy before then.... Any advice about what I can drink? The nutricionist hasn't had time to meet with me yet. The doctor told me gatorade, chicken broth, Water and Jello. Sound right?

Sounds right - basically any clear fluids (things you can see through) - juices, water, herbal tea...hang in there, this too shall pass and it will all be worth it down the road.

I agree with you. I too was set on getting the LapBand, but fortunately since I've been forced to wait it out 6 mos thru my Kaiser Options program, I've had the good sense to switch to the sleeve. I am still waiting for my surgery date, but thanks to all the great information I've seen on this forum, I feel ready and well prepared.

I love hearing about everybody's surgery experiences and helpful information about what to expect. For instance, I know I will stall in week 3, thanks to reading about it here, and I will expect it now. And just the other day I learned about blue farts! ha ha...

Good luck on your surgery, and I hope to be able to share my story soon.

Hello,

Everything you have said sounds similar to my story. I have learned so much here on the forum from all the posters. I also had my mind set on only the Lap-Band, but after reading all the information on here, and finding out that I had an autoimmune disorder, my plans are to have the Sleeve. I found out that sometimes problems arise from having a foriegn object in your body such as the band, if you have an autoimmune disorder. I don't understand how the staples are any different, but I have not been told about any problems which might occur with them. I had surgery on my knee last year and the knee replacement involved having a metal device put in my knee and it has done ok so far, but at the time I was not aware that I had an autoimmune disorder.

Also the other thing I did not like hearing about the band was the need to have to go back all the time to be stuck in the port for any adjustments. It sounded like there would be alot of aftercare. That right there was enough to change my mind to have a VSG instead of a Band. I wish you the best on your upcoming surgery.