Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was at a party last weekend, and someone walked past me that I haven't seen in a couple of years. We made eye contact, I smiled, and he had no reaction. He kept looking at me, probably to try to figure out why this woman he doesn't know was grinning like an idiot. Finally, I said, "Mike, it's (name I use with that group)". When he "got it", it was awesome.

Yeah, I go to parties where people use pseudonyms.

I was at a party last weekend, and someone walked past me that I haven't seen in a couple of years. We made eye contact, I smiled, and he had no reaction. He kept looking at me, probably to try to figure out why this woman he doesn't know was grinning like an idiot. Finally, I said, "Mike, it's (name I use with that group)". When he "got it", it was awesome.

Yeah, I go to parties where people use pseudonyms.

You never fail to shock me (in a good way)! Lol. I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Sleeved 4/29. Weighed 287 at time of surgery. Not sure how much I weigh now, but I experienced my first NSV over the weekend. I had to fly home for my grandmother's funeral. I've never needed to use a belt extender but it usually was pulled to the hilt. Now, I was able to pull the strap back a few inches and the flight attendant was able to see the belt on my lap.

Good for you and sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

post-261372-14635723406812_thumb.jpg post-261372-14635723500576_thumb.jpg

Finally feeling comfortable and confident in heels!

I've had this pair for 3 years and never had the confidence to wear them. I'm 5'10 without them and stand out regardless. I never wanted the added attention from heels. And I'm clearly more outdoorsy typically (lol I need to move the mountain bike and canoe paddles).

Now heels are an everyday thing with work, and it's so amazing to feel confident rocking them! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Sharon1964 that is awesome. I'll bet you were laughing yer butt off over not being recognized. Cool stuff.

@@treblecutie23 looking great. Know that if you are rocking those at work......the guys on the job are getting nothing done.

Had an interesting day yesterday. Good gym session in the late morning.....good grub at my favorite local spot......and then home to see my son off for the first day on his new job. He's finishing his junior year of high school this week and has done really well. Started driving this year....supercool girlfriend and now he's gonna be working for the summer. Cool little wing joint (best teriyaki wings I've ever had......need to duplicate their sauce one day). He was peeved when I took his hat. lol.

The weight related NSV aspect of this was that I'm wearing a new 2XL shirt in the pics. Took it out of the package and put it on. No pre-stretching of torso section as I used to do in the old days........pretty dang cool when I consider the fact that I was wearing 6XL shirts 7 months ago. Pretty dang cool.

1ho5Fgu.jpg?1

a9iCDDr.jpg?1

he weight related NSV aspect of this was that I'm wearing a new 2XL shirt in the pics. Took it out of the package and put it on. No pre-stretching of torso section as I used to do in the old days........pretty dang cool when I consider the fact that I was wearing 6XL shirts 7 months ago. Pretty dang cool.

and that 2 XL doesn't look like it is going to fit for long. how exciting. I can remember having to pre-stretch clothing especially when new.

I finally had to break down and buy some new pants last week as I was looking like a hobo walking in the neighborhood. I was wearing XL petite, so I bought some L petite and when they came I thought - there is no way these are going to fit. what am I supposed to do it the XL are way too big, and the L are too small? and my husband laughed (he likes to live dangerously) and told me I might be surprised and I should just try them on. I still thought he just wanted to see me shimmy into tight pants, but I tried them on and to my GREAT surprise they fit perfectly. It's a great feeling! now. next on the agenda I have to replace some work pants because I have to tuck in my shirts now to keep them from falling off.

NSV, when both of you can fit comfortably in the bathtub again!

NSV, when both of you can fit comfortably in the bathtub again!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

OK, some of mine; some might be a little X-rated or offensive, sorry 'bout that but we've all been there:

1. Not having to be a contortionist to wipe your butt. Sorry, I warned you.

2. Being able to glimpse the hoo-hoo in the shower over the belly which is getting smaller.

3. Being able to feel the "C" down below whereas before it was hiding like a turtle and you had to hunt for it with both hands.

4. The "U-Touch" works much better now because the nerve endings are much closer to the skin since the fat's gone. (If you need an explanation of what the U-Touch is, think I-Touch and you'll get the picture.

5. Crossing legs is a matter-of-fact position rather than a pretzel twister.

6. You can undress in front of your significant other instead of hiding in the closet with a warning DO NOT ENTER sign on the door.

7. Your jammie bottoms keep falling off you when you turn over in bed cause they're so loose.

8. You're beginning to give yourself some credit for doing all this hard work instead of slamming yourself for how you got into this situation.

9. You look into the mirror and smile focusing on your achievements instead of all your imperfections.

10. You need a calculator to figure out how much you've lost on any given day instead of having it in your head at all times.

11. You catch guys looking at you out of the corner of your eye because you've removed the blinders that didn't want to see anyone looking at you before.

I'm sure there's more, but these come to mind first.001_tt2.gif

This. Was. Perfect.

Sooooo true

I can see and feel my collarbones ! ! ! I can't even remotely remember the last time I was able to see my collarbones, maybe junior high? ? ?

I know, right! Theyve been hiding!

Had sleeve surgery in mid October last year.

Saw my mother at Thanksgiving and again the week after Christmas. Haven't seen her since.

This past Saturday I just happened to be sitting at "her" table at my parent's favorite Breakfast restaurant when they arrived.

Mom walked in and saw me sitting there, turned around and told Dad there was somebody already sitting at her table. Dad laughed and told her to look and see who it was.....she turned back....stared for a second and I couldn't help but bust out laughing at her.

Funny stuff when yer own mom doesn't recognize you. It was a great trip home and that was an awesome way for it to begin. Good times seeing the family.

That's just so priceless I almost can't even handle it!

I think it's going to be the exact same situation this weekend when my dad comes to visit me.

He will be like "where's Heather?"

2 months out from surgery. Had some of the grown kids over for dinner. Got up this morning, took dog for a walk, went to church, stopped at store, fixed dinner and visited for hours. no blood sugar issues, no needing to rest, no loving having them here but wishing they would leave so I could lay down. it was WONDERFUL.

So many here I couldn't get everyone in a picture, this just shows three of my grown boys.

In addition, like most ladies I had my fatty clothes, my normal clothes and my skinny clothes. I am now only wearing the skinny clothes. the rest are gone. I will need to shop soon. I kept the same clothes on all afternoon after Church and never felt like I needed to change into something else, because dressing to go out I used to not feel so comfortable in my clothing. Everything is better. I am so pleased.

I teared up Christina... I teared up reading this!

So proud of you!

I'm at my lowest size in my closet too. If I (oh and I will!) Lose anymore weight I will have to go for a full on full clothes shopping spree for a an entirely new wardrobe.

Not sure if my husband can fully grasp that idea yet. .. but it gonna happen!

Lol

I teared up Christina... I teared up reading this!

So proud of you!

I'm at my lowest size in my closet too. If I (oh and I will!) Lose anymore weight I will have to go for a full on full clothes shopping spree for a an entirely new wardrobe.

Not sure if my husband can fully grasp that idea yet. .. but it gonna happen!

Lol

Thank you so much! wish we could go shopping together! one month later and I am now having to remove a lot of the skinny clothes and buy some new ones. TJ maxx tomorrow and Good will on Sunday (99c day) because things are too baggy for me to stand it. I *have* to tuck my shirts in to keep my pants up. I would not have believed you three months ago had you told me.

A couple for me this past week:

A total stranger asked me if I go to Goodlife fitness. - I said yes

She said "well yeah, whatever you are doing, keep doing it because people are noticing and talking about you whenever you walk by because it is so noticeable how much you've lost!"

She also said she can tell that when I'm there I WORKOUT MY ASS OFF and don't just go fluff fluff around.

Lol

Yep, I walk out of there like I just stepped out of the shower.

Another is - this week I've vamped up my hiking bit - I've been putting weighted plates in my pack and walking up huge steep hills.

I'm always first to the top. I need way less breaks than my friend. And I power walk thru the easier parts where my friend is begging me to slow down hahaha

I can't help it, it's like this burst of power energy to get me going so I go!

Edited by heather5565