Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr took my blood pressure today, 88/63 :)

Had sleeve surgery in mid October last year.

Saw my mother at Thanksgiving and again the week after Christmas. Haven't seen her since.

This past Saturday I just happened to be sitting at "her" table at my parent's favorite Breakfast restaurant when they arrived.

Mom walked in and saw me sitting there, turned around and told Dad there was somebody already sitting at her table. Dad laughed and told her to look and see who it was.....she turned back....stared for a second and I couldn't help but bust out laughing at her.

Funny stuff when yer own mom doesn't recognize you. It was a great trip home and that was an awesome way for it to begin. Good times seeing the family.

Had sleeve surgery in mid October last year.

Saw my mother at Thanksgiving and again the week after Christmas. Haven't seen her since.

This past Saturday I just happened to be sitting at "her" table at my parent's favorite Breakfast restaurant when they arrived.

Mom walked in and saw me sitting there, turned around and told Dad there was somebody already sitting at her table. Dad laughed and told her to look and see who it was.....she turned back....stared for a second and I couldn't help but bust out laughing at her.

Funny stuff when yer own mom doesn't recognize you. It was a great trip home and that was an awesome way for it to begin. Good times seeing the family.

THIS is priceless! I had been wondering how the visit went.

I will see my parents this weekend for the first time since my surgery. the reaction won't be as good as yours, but I am looking forward to seeing how they respond.

I went on amusement park rides with my kids Sunday and fit with room to spare!

put a BIG bag of Peanut Butter M&M's in my grocery shopping cart.

as the cashier was going to put the $ amount in........

i grabbed the bag and handed it back to cashier

i said, no thanx - changed my mind!!! :rolleyes:

NSV???? - you betcha!!!

kathy

I haven't posted for ages but the last few days have really reminded me why I made the choice to take this path in life - I was sleeved October 15 I haven't flown in several years but my husband and I went away with a couple of friends for a break this week, I had my standard apprehension about seats and seat belts the embarrassment of asking for an extender not fitting in the seat, things I guess lots of people on here think regularly. But it was all in my head I sat in the middle seat and had more space than I needed a spare foot of seatbelt after it was fastened and while we were away I realised everything in my bag was fitted and fitted me properly, I could sit wherever I felt like and I walked for miles with absolutely no effort - although I did find myself waiting for the others quite a bit, apparently I move quite quickly now

There have been lots of other adventures and NSVs over the months since the sleeve but this one somehow seems bigger, some weeks I could probably find something to post every other day.

This is an amazing journey I would love to be able to share my good fortune and excitement with everyone that posts on here, as there is nothing bad I can say about my experiences so far.

feeling comfortable to walk in 80+ weather - and even wearing shorts to do so! this morning I had to go to work early so didn't want to miss my work out. before my sleeve I would not have been able to handle exercise when it is so warm outside. it felt GREAT!

I have abused my body in many ways.......yet my sleeve still has been a major tool in getting back to where I need to be......

Just taken.....late in the day.........

4i0nu2Q.jpg?1

I have abused my body in many ways.......yet my sleeve still has been a major tool in getting back to where I need to be....

the progress you have made is inspiring. I always look forward to seeing your posts.

I have abused my body in many ways.......yet my sleeve still has been a major tool in getting back to where I need to be....

the progress you have made is inspiring. I always look forward to seeing your posts.

Thank you very much.

I'm glad to be around to post...........'being around' wasn't a safe bet a year ago. Comorbitities were piling up and dragging me down.

I'm grateful and trying to set things up so I can do a better job for the next half of my life. :D

Thank you very much.

I'm glad to be around to post...........'being around' wasn't a safe bet a year ago. Comorbitities were piling up and dragging me down.

I'm grateful and trying to set things up so I can do a better job for the next half of my life. :D

I told Chritinamo7 about my NSV on Mothers' Day, Dub, so I'll share it with you now.

My daughter and I were going through my mothers hope chest in the attic on Sunday. In there were all of the baptismal gowns and my wedding gown. Talk about ancient!!!

After much whining and pleading I tried it on. I don't know which was more wrinkled--the gown or my skin, but the NSV was ---IT WAS TOO LARGE!!! The last time I wore that gown was 44yrs ago this month. I only fit into it because I went on a "starvation" diet for weeks before my wedding. Wow! Wrinkled or not, it felt good. First time in a long time---I felt----really happy. Simple feeling shouldn't be soooo hard to accomplish. I had almost forgotten how good it feels just to be happy. I may try it more often.

I get myself massages to reward myself. I have donated a LOT but I also tossed out a lot of my 3x and in fact kind of wished I had burned them. Nice suits and stuff I donated and I did keep a couple of pairs of "before" pants purely for illustrative purposes when I reach my goal[emoji41]

I have been having my friend at work take my measurements each month. She started a week after my surgery. We just did my third measurement I have solidly been losing inches and. E has me read off the original inches first. You have never seen someone so excited at my progress.

I know that some might find the next thing she said as "wrong" but it made me laugh at her excitement and unbridled happiness at my progress. She said a few times that "this was the best game ever. I am a big winner with each and every measurement". It is nice to see the inches come off and to have such positive and engaged friends in my journey.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you very much.

I told Chritinamo7 about my NSV on Mothers' Day, Dub, so I'll share it with you now.

My daughter and I were going through my mothers hope chest in the attic on Sunday. In there were all of the baptismal gowns and my wedding gown. Talk about ancient!!!

After much whining and pleading I tried it on. I don't know which was more wrinkled--the gown or my skin, but the NSV was ---IT WAS TOO LARGE!!! The last time I wore that gown was 44yrs ago this month. I only fit into it because I went on a "starvation" diet for weeks before my wedding. Wow! Wrinkled or not, it felt good. First time in a long time---I felt----really happy. Simple feeling shouldn't be soooo hard to accomplish. I had almost forgotten how good it feels just to be happy. I may try it more often.

Hell yes you should !!!!

Putting that dress on had to bring a big smile to her face as well. Great story has me grinning.

I have been having my friend at work take my measurements each month. She started a week after my surgery. We just did my third measurement I have solidly been losing inches and. E has me read off the original inches first. You have never seen someone so excited at my progress.

I know that some might find the next thing she said as "wrong" but it made me laugh at her excitement and unbridled happiness at my progress. She said a few times that "this was the best game ever. I am a big winner with each and every measurement". It is nice to see the inches come off and to have such positive and engaged friends in my journey.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Being surrounded by such positive people is a blessing. What a great friend to show such enthusiasm for your progress. Very cool.

I get myself massages to reward myself. I have donated a LOT but I also tossed out a lot of my 3x and in fact kind of wished I had burned them. Nice suits and stuff I donated and I did keep a couple of pairs of "before" pants purely for illustrative purposes when I reach my goal

I don't think I kept anything from before. It's all gone.....at least I think it is. It's time to go through the closet again. Long gone are the 6x, 5x and 4x shirts. I'm now buying shirts in 2x and wearing some of them.

It's a funny process.

NSV

i did some llllllong overdue weeding in warmth and sunshine

standing, kneeling, bending, pulling - all that fun stuff!!!

i forgot how wonderful it is to do things that were impossible before WLS

live, laugh, love (is that the right expression??)

works for me!! :rolleyes:

kathy