Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Week of August 24th?

Hi Denna! Join the team. Our other memeber Ann is still hanging out in the hospital on the account she has such a great view.

I had my surgery around 11:30 Wed and was discharged on Friday. I have had some gas but not as bad as others. I just walk it off. That lump is probably your tired and confused diaphram. If it gets worse ask for help.

To be honest I have not been hungry since surgery (actually the Sunday before surgery). I think it was / is nerves sometimes though. I also know I am missing some signs of hunger. I drink my little bits of Protein like clockwork so I also might be overriding hunger before it gets bad.

What does the hunger feel like?

We can do it!!! We have got passed the worst part. It is all uphill......ooops I mean downhill from here!

Hi again. I am finally learning to get around this site. How are you doing? Wow tomorrow a week. I can't wait for a year. Today I went out for a while with my husband and I got kind a week and a little dizzy.(normal for me) so when we got home I went to lay down and slept for 3 Hours. It guess every thing is catching up with me. I feel great tonight but hungery. Hope I can sleep. Every day I try to walk a little more. But I haven't pushed it yet. Have you got on the scales yet? I was told by my Dr. team not to for a week but I couldn't wait I am down 17 lbs. I am so happy and tomorrow my husb. Mike is going to take my measurements.

We will have to get together some time in the future. We just moved to AZ a year ago from So Cal. we have 3 kids in Orange Co. , In fact I have 2 boys really close to where you are they are in San Clemente. I don't know for sure just when we plan to go again but will let you know for sure it will be when we are on some kinda solids. We can split a lunch. lol That's being real buddies

I just noticed your weight loss ticker how cool I need to add one. Looks Like we are close I went into surgery at 207. This should be fun to see what happens. How were you told to do your protien? I think I am not doing mine right because I am hungery. I have been having a 25 gram shake in the morning and a nother about 4 pm. in between I have small amounts of Jello and small like 2 oz of broth. The nurse said to have 3 shakes so I guess I will try that. I hate them but better then liquid protien.

Hugs to you keep up the good work. Denna

Hi!

Wow a week. I can't believe it. I went out on Saturday and Sunday. Both times were quick trips to the store with my husband. I was dizzy and sweating by the time we got home. I think it is normal. I feel good so it was odd that just a little bit of walk around the store could do me in. Before surgery I was walking 5 miles. I go around the block now several times a day. It is hard because it has been hot here as I am sure it is there too.

I have got on the scale. Couldn't help it. 12 lbs as of Monday. I am sure some of it is Water weight as I am consuming so much less sodium but it is great to see movement. It seems all my loss is in my limbs though! My arms have small bat wings and my legs are much smaller. Now I just look like a weeble wobble perched on small flabby limbs. Great just what I wanted :glare: Oh and my "girls" seem to be hanging lower. I asked hubby if they looked more saggy and he was evasive so that means yes. I have not bothered measuring because I still feel like my abdomen is swollen. I am not one to be real worried about measurements anyway.

To be honest I am struggling with liquids. I have a headache today and my urine output is not great. I am going to start measuring today (TMI). I took a clean one of those hat things for the toilet home from the hospital just in case. I am glad I did.

I was told not to worry about Protein the first week but try and consume as much as possible. I am getting about 40 grams a day. It takes me an hour to drink a shake so I could add another and was thinking of doing that today. With shakes counted I am only getting about 25 oz of Fluid a day. I am going to try and do better today. It is so hard because I still am dealing esophagus spasms. I seem to be able to drink more later in the day so I need to just get on it and sip, sip, sip more. It seems thirst went away with hunger.

SoCal - try the crystal light popsicles they are GREAT and you will get Fluid from them - also, try sucking on ice cubes - you get the Fluid without the cold to cause you to spasm -- I still do that alot.

Congrats on the 12 lbs. - that's great!

Oh mercy, I lost that gold-plated view when they noticed that I wasn't coming out "right".. They demoted me to "Surgical Stepdown" which had no internet, or view, or private room or nuttin'. BUT it did cut down the nurse/patient ratio, which was kind of the point. THEN, on Sun. the 30th I was back in for another look. Then the ICU for a day or two, then back to Surgical Stepdown, from which I was released yesterday (Saturday, 5th). .

I am so glad to be home, but I wish I had a daughter (just for now) instead of 2 sons.. My hair was in a giNORmous knot and no one to comb it out.. . .And the state of the house bears a bit to be desired.. Ah well, I'll get back to it as soon as it feels ok.

Ann, There is no place like home is there? I'm glad you are well enough to be home. Just take care of yourself right now. The housework can wait for a little while. I hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.

Yep, right now it is all about you and healing.

Talk to me about "esophagus spasms", because I think I've had some. Is that a rhythmic, pumping feeling in the stomach?

Oh mercy, I lost that gold-plated view when they noticed that I wasn't coming out "right".. They demoted me to "Surgical Stepdown" which had no internet, or view, or private room or nuttin'. BUT it did cut down the nurse/patient ratio, which was kind of the point. THEN, on Sun. the 30th I was back in for another look. Then the ICU for a day or two, then back to Surgical Stepdown, from which I was released yesterday (Saturday, 5th). .

I am so glad to be home, but I wish I had a daughter (just for now) instead of 2 sons.. My hair was in a giNORmous knot and no one to comb it out.. . .And the state of the house bears a bit to be desired.. Ah well, I'll get back to it as soon as it feels ok.

I can sympathize about the hair. I had my surgery on June 4th and with my complications my hair didn't see a brush or comb for 2 1/2 months. I went to the Hair Cuttery with the intention of cutting my hair down to about 2" in length. This very patient hairstylist spent an hour and a half but got every tangle out. I was exhausted by the time she was done so I didn't get a hair cut.:blush:

I find the easiest way to navigate this board

is to the top of the board and click on user CP. That will bring you to every thread you have posted in. Hope that helps someone.

From there I usually go to new posts and see if there is anywhere else I want to add

my 2 cents.