Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do we always have to talk about the sleeve?

I hate to do make up too. Maybe 10 years ago a friend of mine told me about Medical Pigmentation. It is like "tatoos". I had my brows done and top and bottom eye liner. The lady that did it works for a burn center and does unbelievable reconstruction. She has all kinds of credentals. It lasts for probably 3 years and then fades to the point I go back and have a touch up. It was a life/time saver when I was working. So I put on some lip stick and away I go. If dressing up I do Bare Minerals foundation and I am good to go. I love it. carol

Well Vegas, if your hair is coming in curly after the sleeve maybe mine will come back in straight. I was born with very curly hair. I blowdry then take a hot curling Iron to try and stretch it out. If I don't do this everyday it looks like I have an afro. When I'm home by myself I just let it be curly. Judy

What do you consider a long time? I timed myself this morning - 8 minutes from beginning to end - including eyeliner and mascara and lipstick ... is that too long?

So what about removal of this eye makeup? I like the idea of not having to remove the bare minerals before going to sleep. I am beyond lazy. I have put eye liner on (like I said, I will put make up on for special occasions) and I wake up looking like a raccoon.

This is going to be fun. It almost feels to me like little girls playing dress up!

I hate to do make up too. Maybe 10 years ago a friend of mine told me about Medical Pigmentation. It is like "tatoos". I had my brows done and top and bottom eye liner. The lady that did it works for a burn center and does unbelievable reconstruction. She has all kinds of credentals. It lasts for probably 3 years and then fades to the point I go back and have a touch up. It was a life/time saver when I was working. So I put on some lip stick and away I go. If dressing up I do Bare Minerals foundation and I am good to go. I love it. carol

Carol, you are in Phoenix? I go to Mesa all the time. My dad has a house there and I will be coming in oct to get it ready. I am going to rent it to snowbirds as my dad passed away in June.

Permanent eye make up sounds like the way to go! How expensive is it to do eye liner?

Where do you live in Phoenix?

I am interested in that too -- I would love to have permanent eye liner and brows -- I have brows; however, they have gotten so light if I don't use brow color, you can't tell I have them ... how much is it? Does it hurt?

I use a babywipe to take off the eye liner/mascara most of the time -- if I forget before going to bed, then I do it when I get up in the morning.

I've been told that the reason one's hair beguns to turn grey is because their body quits producing copper ... and copper is not a supplment you can take so once your body is done, you begin to turn grey. I have grey - not a lot, but enough to make me color my hair!

Well Vegas, if your hair is coming in curly after the sleeve maybe mine will come back in straight. I was born with very curly hair. I blowdry then take a hot curling Iron to try and stretch it out. If I don't do this everyday it looks like I have an afro. When I'm home by myself I just let it be curly. Judy

Oh the surgery has nothing to do with the curliness -- it was doing this months before I had the surgery -- Melissa has been doing my hair for a couple of years that's why she notices it so much.

It's not the time for me. I don't like how makeup feels on my skin or that you have to replenish it. Also, I don't feel like I really need it. Maybe that's because I'm a software engineer so I work with my fellow geeks and nerds.

That's what is so great about Bare Minerals -- you can't even tell you've got it on and it doesn't dry out your skin at all -- it's all natural. I could never wear foundation before because by the time I got the liquid stuff spread out on my face I felt like my pores were "suffocating" and would break all out in a sweat and it would "melt" off -- so before Bare Minerals I never wore foundation. This stuff actually makes your skin feel very silky smooth. It's great stuff. Not trying to influence you one way or the other Mac, just letting you know how great it is ... if I looked okay without make-up, I wouldn't worry about it on a daily basis either -- however, I'm blotchy without it and if I don't put on eyeliner, brow liner and mascara, my eyes look little and beady ...

Daisy, actually I live in Tempe just to the east of Phx. Everyone knows Phx so I just started doing everything "carolnphx". When you come over here to work on your Dad's house you will have to stop by. I am maybe 2 miles off US 60 maybe 5 minutes from the airport. We will go do lunch or whatever. That would be super. Sounds like a plan. I'd love to meet you.

I can't remember what the initial cost was for the medical pigmentation. Seems like I paid around $500 for eye liners and brow. Is $100, I think, for touch-up. Then when I stand looking at myself in the mirror and I want to add a pencil to brow or whatever I know is time to get touch-up. It is time now. I have been thinking of getting an appointmnet so maybe this will push me into making the call. When I call I will ask for current pricing and report back. Sounds kinda spendy but it lasts for a very long time.

My friend does her lips too. I couldn't do that because when I am stressed I get cold sores on my lips and tech said that it would not be a constant color because of scaring left from my cold sores. Oh well, can't have everything, I guess. ha

She puts numbing salve on areas before but still hurts but not bad. Is like blood draw pain maybe. When I was working I did on Friday and was fine by Monday to go to work. I just had to put Neosporin on the areas then several times a day. Is something I will not be without.

Is definitely worth the $$ and the discomfort of getting it done. Her salon is in Mesa on corner of Baseline and Mesa Drive.

Let us know Carol -- never been to Phoenix or Mesa so might be worth the trip -- and $1000 over 3 years isn't all that bad when you think about it ...

Let us know Carol -- never been to Phoenix or Mesa so might be worth the trip -- and $1000 over 3 years isn't all that bad when you think about it ...

I will schedule an appointment and ask prices and let you know.

Like I said in the earlier post she works with burn patients. One time at a touch-up she called and canceled my appointment. When I went to my re-scheduled appontment she said this surgeon called her for emergency pigmentation for a burn patient. She put areolas on this ladies "new breasts". As the surgeon took skin/tissue from wherever she gave her areolas. That story put me over the top. Just think how that made that lady feel. Made me cry.

Alright, here's my two cents on this conversation... as a somewhat former makeup junkie.

I love wearing make up. Makes me feel good. In my twenties, I bought and used everything. Couldn't leave the house without it. Now, as I am approaching 40, I am finding that less is more.

To explain, I found an incredible women in Dallas that gives amazing organic facials. She switched my cleanser and "stuff" to an organic brand (mind you, I am not often on the organic bandwagon) and changed my makeup to a minerals type (Jane Iredale - kind of like Bareminerals). I find that I like my complexion now much more, and tend to wear just a little make-up. It's all I need. I have to swear by her facials and products. The icing on the cake is the eyelash extensions. I never liked mascara, always ended up with smudges on my lower lids/cheeks by mid-day regardless of which brand I used. She uses real hair for the extensions and they FEEL real. I will never wear mascara again.

Carol, my dad's house is McKellips and Higley. Now that they put the 202 in, it makes it faster to get everywhere.

I would love to meet you too. I go on the 60 all the time. I love AZ Mills. I love all the malls. I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's really fun for me to go there and have real stores to go to.

I've met a few people from lap band talk and it's been really nice for me to actually know people cause I do go there pretty often. I'll come this fall and next summer for sure. I love to tube down the salt river. it's a blast!

I've been flying into the Mesa Gateway airport these last few times. It's so much more convenient.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I would love to meet you too. I go on the 60 all the time. I love AZ Mills.

Daisy,This is so funny. I live maybe a mile from AZ Mills. Sounds like a plan to me. Let's definitely get together on your next trip. Will be fun. carol

No one ever hits on me, fat or thin. :smile1:

Well now it is just because they can't catch you! Or they are intimidated by your buff arms.

I am late as usual to the blab fest.......

I wear makeup sometimes. I go in spurts. If I wear foundation it is Cover Girl Clean or Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers if it is dry outside. I am too lazy to wash it off at night and don't break out (thanks to Yaz B.C. Pills). I have used Cover Girl Foundation since I was a teenager and love the noxema type smell.

I wear eye shadow on special occasions or for meetings at work. I wear mascara and eyeliner a lot. I am blonde but tend to wear black mascara and plum liner. There is some new mascara for eye colors out and I love it. Subtle blush if I can be bothered. Lipstick when I remember. I hate the feeling on my lips.

My hair is so straight it is irritating. Only my bangs will curl. I usually pull it up during the summer because it is too hot. during the winter it is down in a subtle feather thing. Dunno. I hate my hair.< /p>