Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone considering the SLEEVE? MX Dr.'s?

Guest marnie723@LBT
Sign in to follow this  

Guest RayeP@LBT

Sorry, no, he thinks i'd loose more wieght with the Sleeve than the band. I didnt have the money to get the sleeve. No one in my family wanted me to get any surgery except the band.

Originally posted at www.lapbandtalk.com

Guest MacMadame@LBT

Oh, okay, that makes more sense.

Families can be weird about WLS, can't they?

Guest RayeP@LBT

Tee hee! yes, familys can be hard sometimes. I wanted Gastric bypass for 9 years but they thought i was crazy and i'd die. They are happy with the band for me too.

Guest MacMadame@LBT

I talked to my mom today and she said "tell me this isn't one of the scary operations where I have to worry about you". Heh heh. Moms.

Guest WASaBubbleButt@LBT

I am now considering the sleeve instead of the band. I am worried about all the f/u required with the band, & was wondering if anyone knows of any surgeons who do this surgery in the US or Mexico?

I went to Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I was a revision from band to sleeve and that is a more complicated procedure than working on a stomach that had never been operated on before. The risks and potential complications are greater for a revision vs. a newbie sleeve. Thus... the only doctor I wanted was Dr. Aceves.

I used Dr Huacuz in Tijuana mx, He is very good. I had the sleeve on 8/14/08. jlweb55

OMG NO! Not Huacuz! Adrianne is just one example. I'm still trying to find out if Marty, his DS patient survived or not. I can't find anyone that knows one way or another. By the time Huacuz was done with Marty he had a lacertated liver, had to remove his spleen, his intestines were necrotic, and he was bleeding out. He was in an induced coma in a San Diego hospital trying to undo the damage Huacuz did. Last I heard he has about a 20% chance of survival.

Adrianne, if she would have stayed in Tijuana with Huacuz for one more day she would have been dead. She signed herself out of his clinic AMA and got to a US hospital where she too, was in an induced coma for 3 weeks fighting for her life after Huacuz was done with her. The US docs did not believe she would pull through it but thankfully, she did.

A sleeve is more invasive than a band, this is all the more reason NOT to have surgery in a clinic! Only a hospital and only by a surgeon that knows what they are doing.