Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, for just $10 I think I will go ahead and order the nectar samples. I'll also stock up on Crystal Light to mix with them just in case!

Does anyone know if juice from chicken noodle Soup is considered clear? I'm supposed to be able to move on to fulls today, but I only had to do 3 days of clears and I kind of want to stay on them a few more days.

Yes, the broth from the soup is a clear - just strain the noodles and chicken off and drink away -- you can do the same thing with vegetable soup too ... SF Jello is also considered a clear. So was tea.

Yes, the broth from the Soup is a clear - just strain the noodles and chicken off and drink away -- you can do the same thing with vegetable soup too ... SF Jello is also considered a clear. So was tea.

Awesome. I had some broth last night and it was amazingly good. It's been the first salty thing I've had since surgery. I was pretty tired of Jello and juice!

We have some Decaf family size tea bags, and I just need to get up and make some! When I was in the hospital, they gave me the cutest little Lipton individual tea bag (for 4 oz of hot water) and I hope I can find some of those in the store. I love tea.

SO ... I actually think I MIGHT have found a Protein Powder I can tolerate .... I took Syntrax strawberry Mousse powder, added a small banana and about 3 strawvberries, Water and mixed it with my stick blender ... it didn't taste that good as I used room temp water, so I stuck it in the freezer for a while and got it really cold and it was actually tolerable -- I drank almost all 20 oz throughout the day ... I have just a little left so I think I will try it tomorrow using the vanilla torte and see how that goes. So far that's the only one of all the Nectar/Syntrax samples I ordered that I have been able to tolerate ... Bearded seems to like all the other ones so it works out well!

I substitute ice for some of the Water and that helps too.

Can someone enlighten me as to what to look for as I go on a Quest for the Protein shakes/drinks? How much protein, carbs, fat, etc? I have one in particular that I like. It's spendy but it is so yummy. My surgery is 9/24 so I want to get my ducks in a row beforehand. Thanks.

Can someone enlighten me as to what to look for as I go on a Quest for the Protein shakes/drinks? How much protein, carbs, fat, etc? I have one in particular that I like. It's spendy but it is so yummy. My surgery is 9/24 so I want to get my ducks in a row beforehand. Thanks.

Lots of protein - low in carbs. Be warned your tastes may change after surgery, so don't load up on anything just in case.

Did you read through this thread?

I believe Vitalady.com is where you order the samples.< /strong>

I tried everything in the Syntrax nectar sample pack from Syntrax. The only sample I liked as Capuccino. The rest were either grossly too sweet :tongue_smilie: or tasted like cheap drink Syrup without the alcohol. :crying: I heard Fuzzy Navel was good so I bought some of that. Its their best flavor.

I do like the Health Wise Lemonade and Health Wise pineapple Orange.

I love Chike banana flavor. The chocolate is not great but I have been stuck with chocolate only of another brand for 4 weeks because it was the only Protein shake my stomach would let me have. So I might be just tired of chocolate. The vanilla is good, has a slight chemical after taste though. The orange cream is great, the next best flavor to the banana. I don't like fake strawberry so I have not given it a go yet.

I might be the only person on the board that does not like powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. Yech. I buy the unflavored powder to add to yogurt and such but unflavored does not mean tasteless. It does add an odd taste to things but I am struggling to get enough Protein so I deal with it.

I can only drink Artic Punch Isopure. The rest makes me gag.

The shake that my stomach would let me have was Premier Nutrition. I think it is only made in chocolate and I buy it at costco. I would have starved during some parts of liquid if it was not for sips of this shake. Kind of thick though. I can only drink 1/3 of the 11 ounce box at a time.

I never tried Unjury - heard it smelled awful. I couldn't tolerate Isopure (aka Isopuke) at all. In fact, I never found a prtein shake I could tolerate - although every now and again, I give them a try -- they're either way too sweet, way to thick or they taste like ****! Thanks goodness I'm on solids now and can get my Protein in other forms.