Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Sample Information (especially for pre-ops!)

Normally I hate OH. But this is a good post on how to get samples without buying much of a Protein Powder.< /strong>

They look like good deals to try a few things and not spend much money. Hope the link works. I suck at computer stuff.

If I find anything I just LOVE .. I'll be sure to let everyone know ... so far, no go though.

Its funny you know....half of these flavors that you all mention is just out of this world....I think I'm going to have to start scouting around the local health food shops after making a list of all these ones being mentioned. sounds great....I just hope I can find some of them!!!

Aussies have to catch up on some of these American flavors.... (my hubby is American too..... he hates how bland we are) *sighs* lol:blink:

Protein Sample Information (especially for pre-ops!)

Normally I hate OH. But this is a good post on how to get samples without buying much of a Protein powder.< /strong>

They look like good deals to try a few things and not spend much money. Hope the link works. I suck at computer stuff.

You "DONE" good Daisy -- the link worked!!!!

Thanks for the info. I think I may have found the "ONE" with the Syntrax Nectar - going to try another flavor today ... will let you know.

Nectar Fuzzy Navel is even better with 24 ounces of Water and a packet of Crystal Light morning sunrise flavor.

I will have to give that a try -- I didn't care for the Twisted cherry -- it was good at first but then you got the aftertaste and it wouldn't stay mixed -- all the Protein fell to the bottom and you could see it -- and when you shook it, then it got bubbly on top ... it's a 1 out of 5 for me

I know for sure my taste buds are screwed up. Today at work I ate a cookie. I thought it was pretty tasteless. My co-worker said

"wasn't that the best maple cookie you have ever tasted?" I could not taste one bit of maple.

It is odd how much are tastes change. I can no longer tolerate sweet things. I have also become somewhat lactose intolerant, and that is rough on me because I love milk.

It is odd how much are tastes change. I can no longer tolerate sweet things. I have also become somewhat lactose intolerant, and that is rough on me because I love milk.

I was lactose intolerant before the surgery and I haven't really tried any milk related items since so I don't know if that has changed or not -- would be great if it has!

I'm wondering if the intolerance to sweet things will go away or if we will always find things too sweet ... haven't tried anything salty ... are things too salty for you now too?

I will have to give that a try -- I didn't care for the Twisted cherry -- it was good at first but then you got the aftertaste and it wouldn't stay mixed -- all the Protein fell to the bottom and you could see it -- and when you shook it, then it got bubbly on top ... it's a 1 out of 5 for me

I agree on the Twisted Cherry. It had a strong aftertaste. I wonder if I diluted it down and added a Crystal Light (flavor to be determined) if it would be any better. I really like the Roadside Lemonade, Fuzzy Navel & caribbean cooler (you must enjoy a Pina Colada or you won't like it).

Just an FYI I tried the nectar Sweets (choc truffle, vanilla bean) which tasted good but were very sweet. I'm afraid that I won't be able to tolerate them after surgery unless I can figure out something to mix in with them to make them less sweet. The Nectar Medical Unflavored is much better than Unjury Unflavored, also.

Just an FYI I tried the nectar Sweets (choc truffle, vanilla bean) which tasted good but were very sweet. I'm afraid that I won't be able to tolerate them after surgery unless I can figure out something to mix in with them to make them less sweet. The nectar Medical Unflavored is much better than powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Unflavored, also.

Oh, good to know -- I ordered some of the truffle flavors and the Unflavored too. Wonder if you could mix the truffles with SF pudding if that would cut down on the sweet?

That sounds good. I only tried the samples so I didn't buy a big quantity but so far I've only had luck with a handful of samples that didn't make me want to throw up and these were 2 of them. Still working on finding the best Protein but I still have some time before surgery.

Here's another nectar flavor update. I bought several samples of the Crystal Sky (fruit punch) flavor. Wasn't much of a fan. However, I have found a combination that was pretty good. Mix a SF Hawaiian Punch - Juicy Red packet (I stole it from my kids stash) with 24oz of Water and then add the Crystal Sky, shake really well (Crystal Sky doesn't dissolve as easy as some of the other flavors), and then add lots of ice.

It is still not my favorite, but I will be able to enjoy the rest of these samples.:001_smile:

I haven't been a fan of any of the nectar samples, so I may have to purchase some different Crystal Light flavors to mix with them and see if that makes a difference. Bearded seems to be able to drink them with no trouble at all, so at least the samples won't be going to waste; in fact, I may need to order some more. Part of my problem is that I am still not able to drink very much at one time - just sips so it makes it tough to get much down -- popsicles are better as they just trickle down and don't seem to initiate a spasm.

Has anyone made the nectar Protein drinks into popsicles?

I bought a popsicle form - makes 10 at a time - so I may have to try that and see if I can get my Protein in that way. I'll let you know.

Ok, for just $10 I think I will go ahead and order the nectar samples. I'll also stock up on Crystal Light to mix with them just in case!

Does anyone know if juice from chicken noodle Soup is considered clear? I'm supposed to be able to move on to fulls today, but I only had to do 3 days of clears and I kind of want to stay on them a few more days.