Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rosebud2 you look fab.

Jane x

Those presumptuous whippersnappers! A friend of mine, who is a psychic, recently told me I was going to live until 93. That might not have been the case if I hadn't gone through with the surgery. If you go back a page I posted a link to my current picture. Not too bad for a 66-yr-old broad if I have to say so myself. lol

Hi Everyone,

You are NEVER too old to have WLS. I had it when I was 63 and I am now 65. It has changed my entire life. I lost 105 pounds in 14 months. I feel like have have added 20 years on to my life. My poor old body no longer hurts and aches--my back feels great, I no longer have a pain in my leg, and I can do anything I want in life.

You have earned the right to do what you want in life when you get to be this age. You took care of everyone else for years, not it is time you put yourself first and took care of you.

I remember when I was thinking about having sleeve surgery, I sat back and read all these posts, until I felt comfortable enough to join in and ask my million questions. I had such great support and wonderful people who helped me along my weight loss journey. I always promised I would pay it forward. So I am here 2 1/2 years after my "sleeve" surgery. I had the most amazing experience. I am now 65 years old :P and thought that maybe I was too old to do this. Boy, was I wrong. I picked Dr. Aceves to do my surgery. That was the best choice I could have ever made. I happend to work with a good friend who had Dr. Aceves for her doctor and had WLS with him. She made me do lots of research and take some time to make up my mind. It took me 6 months to make this choice. What an amazing journey I have had. I started out at 225 pounds and lost a total of 105 pounds. I now weight 120 lbs and have maintained that weight loss. I now know I will always be able to maintain it. I am never on a diet, but made a life style change that will last forever. My goal is to help and support people who are just not qutie sure if they want this surgery, or if they have questions and are scared to ask anyone. I am here to listen to you, talk about your fears and help and support you in any way I can help you. You deserve to have it ALL, and there really is a way. If diet and exercise were all it took, and it worked then some of us would not need to have WLS. Most of us have lost it and gained it back many time in our lives. I believe it took more strength to have this surgery than anything I had ever done. But, I knew it had to be ALL about me and NO one else. I had earned the right to do this for myself. Life is wonderful, and I have NO regrets what so ever. My husband fell in love with me when I was fat and so now he loves me just as much when I am healthy and thin. He has even lost weight because of how we both eat--healthy. I have had great support from him all the way though my weight loss journey. So if you are just sitting there and reading this and not sure what you want to do talk to me. I will be honest and tell you the good and the bad side of all this. It takes work on your part and effort. This is NO mircle cure and you have to have your head in the right place and want this more than you want anything else in life. This is your tool to get to the goal you want. It takes making good food choices, and some exercise on your part too. I used to be the person who "hated" exercise....now I honestly look forward to it 5 or 6 days a week. My choice of exercise is pretty easy, I walk. So please feel free to ask questions, say what you are thinking. There isn't anything that we can't talk about.

Take care,

Suzanne Sleeved 10/21/2008 Dr. Aceves :lol::P:D :D

I am 63 years old and had my surgery on June 1st. I had absolutely NO complications. I was up and going the next day after surgery and never missed a beat from that day on. I must say that I had no health problems other than my weight and I think that contributed to my success. My only regret is that I waited so long to take charge of my weight problems and that I spent thousands of dollars trying every gimic there is. I am almost half way to my goal and I have so much more energy. I couldn't possibly be any happier with my sleeve. It really is a wonderful tool.

How wonderful for you! So happy to hear you are doing well. My date is Sept. 20. I am excited, but apprehensive at the same time. I am almost 61. I'm more worried how it will affect my husband than myself. We are very social and eat out every night. I know I can make this work

I turned 65 three weeks after my surgery. I have a lot of life left in me and I'm not living it overweight any more. I want to be the hot Grammie. lol

Good for you --- I am so looking forward to May 15th date. I also am 64 and will be 65 come October. We deserve a good healthy life. I also will be a hot Mom-Mom. When is your date? Keep in touch !

Hey Buffy, I'll be 60 next year.....having the sleeve next Monday. Can't wait to enjoy some

Of the things I've been missing, like climbing a flight of stairs, bending over to tie my shoes, and lotsore activities with my grandkids.

All the best to you and prayers too!