Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having trouble transitioning into maintenance

hi lib

i am a fellow ozzie from sydney. you have lost so much weight in the last 4 1/2 months. are you just not able to stop losing now???

i am 13 days post op and have only lost 6kg. is this about what you lost in the first couple of weeks???

donna

Here are my weight loss stats:

Highest Weight: 223 (as of Feb. 2008)

Weight Date of Surgery: 191 - 32 lb. loss in 7 months

First month: 179, 12 lb. loss

Second month: 167, 12 lb. loss

Third month: 159, 8 lb. loss

Fourth month: 151, 8 lb. loss

Fifth month: 144, 7 lb. loss

Sixth month: 134, 10 lb. loss

Seventh month: 128, 8 lb. loss

Eighth month: 122, 6 lb. loss

Ninth month: 116, 6 lb. loss

Tenth month: 113, 3 lb. loss

Eleventh month: 113, 0 lb. loss

I did stop losing for 6 weeks but then I started losing again. I wasn't losing when I was tracking my food and making sure I ate enough to replace what I lost via exercise. But then I decided to try to only eat when I was hungry and then I lost a bit more. I think I need to do something in between as I need to fuel my workouts better or my performance suffers.

wow that is phenomenal. you are literally 1/2 the person you were in 11 months.

good on you. you are inspirational:thumbup:

What I find phenomenal is how she has gone from being overweight to now training for an ironman. That is so amazing and inspirational.

It's like a switch flipped in my brain, susan. It's weird, but I was kind of hoping it would happen.

I wish I had that switch in my brain to flip! I hate exercising and really procrastinate doing it. The thing is, once I am there I feel so much better that I wonder why I tried to come up with excuses not to do it. But, I just really have to force myself.

If you have to force yourself a lot (not just once in a while), then maybe you just haven't found the right exercise for you.

I just go to the gym. But, we recently started a new one and they have a lot of classes you can take. I am more excited about that than I was just working out on my own. Hopefully that will motivate me more.

I find I do better with "appointment" workouts than just trying to convince myself to do things on my own with no set time. I like having a group too. I'm social. :glare:

At my first f/u, I lost 17 lbs, but doc wasn't that happy w/me. I track everything I put in my mouth and showed it to him. On average, I had 700 calories per day and he said that was too much. And, I was walking 30-45 min per day and he wanted me to do more. Yea, it kinda got me down. Now, I am freaking out because my weight is already stuck. My Protein is at 70, fluids at 64 oz, and my urine is freakin full of ketones, cause my carbs are low. But, I have been super constipated and am taking MoM tonight..hoping to drop....a pound. By my next f/u on 10-30, Dr. C wants me down to 170-175. That means 10 lbs per month or more and at this rate..worried I won't make it. I have brought my calories down to 600, but just can't walk more than 50 min w/o getting overly tired right now.

Steph

213/195

VG 7/28/09

I think 600 calories per day is too low. That's just my opinion.

At my first f/u, I lost 17 lbs, but doc wasn't that happy w/me. I track everything I put in my mouth and showed it to him. On average, I had 700 calories per day and he said that was too much. And, I was walking 30-45 min per day and he wanted me to do more. Yea, it kinda got me down. Now, I am freaking out because my weight is already stuck. My Protein is at 70, fluids at 64 oz, and my urine is freakin full of ketones, cause my carbs are low. But, I have been super constipated and am taking MoM tonight..hoping to drop....a pound. By my next f/u on 10-30, Dr. C wants me down to 170-175. That means 10 lbs per month or more and at this rate..worried I won't make it. I have brought my calories down to 600, but just can't walk more than 50 min w/o getting overly tired right now.

Steph

213/195

VG 7/28/09

I'm glad I don't go to your doctor - I would think he should be pleased with any weight loss -- it means you didn't gain. I don't really care what my doctor thinks about my weight loss - the fact that I am losing on a regular basis makes me very happy and to me, that's all that matters.

I'm sorry your doctor wasn't happier for you -- if it's any consolation -- I'm very happy for you -- keep up the good work.

LOL, if that were my doctor I would say F*** what he wants and be happy for myself. I did this for myself and I will not be happy on what a doctor says or wants, but on my own satisfaction. We give the MD's toooooo much power.

Hi MacMadame,

Research hemp hearts, the inner part of hemp seeds. They are so healthy, have lots of calories and all your essential fats, Protein, and so much more, besides they taste wonderful.

I have been sprinkling these on my oatmeal now for a year or more, but can be eaten with a spoon all by themselves.

I get these from Alberta here in Canada but I am sure you will find some closer to your home.

I will incorporate them back into my diet when I am able after sleeving, as I like them that much!