Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All liquids

Actually, it's a myth that we can only absorb 30 g of Protein at a time. I'll post my link about it when I get home.

I've heard that the Protein in those shots do not come from a good Protein source.

I don't know all the facts on this, but I was told not to drink them.

Mac, do you know what the deal is on those Protein shots? All I know is I was advised against them because it's not a good form of Protein.< /p>

I used unflavored Protein Powder that I got at GNC and it was fine. I put it in all sorts of stuff.

I've had 2 different nutritionist sign off on me using them because I seriously tried 15 different flavors and brands of the powders and could not tolerate them with milk, soy milk, Water, nothing I could not stomach them at all, even the unjury unflavored flavor made me gag. I took in the nutritional label from the New whey Protein shot, and they looked them up, and approved them for my usage.

I'm glad to know that we can absorb more than 30grams of Protein. My first nutritionist advised that consuming more than 30 was fine, and would help me, while the 2nd one I met with about 3 weeks ago, advised against it.

They are a complete Protein source made from whey and is recommended by several sites specific to bariatric surgery, so I assume that they are good to use.

They are a complete Protein source made from whey and is recommended by several sites specific to bariatric surgery, so I assume that they are good to use.

Actually they aren't. They are made from boiled cow skin and boiled horse skin. They are the worst quality Protein on the market and are not endorsed by the American bariatric...whatever it's called.

They are not a complete protein source by any stretch and they are not all whey. Some are part whey and part collagen and some are all collagen.

Actually they aren't. They are made from boiled cow skin and boiled horse skin. They are the worst quality Protein on the market and are not endorsed by the American bariatric...whatever it's called.

They are not a complete Protein source by any stretch and they are not all whey. Some are part whey and part collagen and some are all collagen.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... I'm glad I just went without any protein those first 5 days.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... I'm glad I just went without any Protein those first 5 days.

I was quite the Protein guru at one time. Syntrax, makes of Matrix 5.0, nectar, etc. offered me a job as the International Medical Sales Manager about a year ago. Before I decided if I would take the job I seriously researched their products, other products, how it all works, what is done, 3rd party testing, the works. While Syntrax makes fantastic quality protein products I learned a bit more than I wanted to know about some issues.

I declined the job, btw. It is a great company but I would have had to battle for commissions.

They are not a complete Protein source by any stretch and they are not all whey. Some are part whey and part collagen and some are all collagen.

OKay right about now I am feeling sick....it says it is whey, and I could not find anything bad...until that is I added horse skin into the search! Wasa...I sooo wish I had never read any of this, there is no way I am going to be able to gag that down now. $100 down the drain! LOL Oh well better to know I suppose. The Isopure is good though yes???? I have a case of that coming also, please don't tell me it too is made from dead animals skin!

Oregondaisy...I apologize, it seems as though you are right, and I was ewwww grossly wrong! :blush:

OKay right about now I am feeling sick....it says it is whey, and I could not find anything bad...until that is I added horse skin into the search! Wasa...I sooo wish I had never read any of this, there is no way I am going to be able to gag that down now. $100 down the drain! LOL Oh well better to know I suppose. The Isopure is good though yes???? I have a case of that coming also, please don't tell me it too is made from dead animals skin!

Oregondaisy...I apologize, it seems as though you are right, and I was ewwww grossly wrong! :blush:

Can you return it?

I think it is Netrition.com or .... I can't think of the name of it. One of those nutrition product places on line won't even sell the stuff because it's not a good quality product. Allstarhealth.com? I can't remember.

Isopuke is one of the better quality Proteins out there. It's just a bit of a challenge to get it down. ;o)

The collagen based Proteins are controversial. They are mostly collagen but they do have some whey in them. They are also very similar to something called Protonex which is used in hospitals for patients who can't eat and need to get their Protein levels up. It works too.

This is why I think the controversy over the bullets is overblown. For one thing, they aren't going to be our sole source of Protein for months at a time. OTOH, they are kind of gross. :smile: I was able to take them for a while, slightly diluted with Water or Crystal Light, but then I just couldn't gag them down any more. I ended up making my Protein shake with extra Water and 1.5 servings of powder instead and that worked better for me. I still do it, in fact.

The collagen based Proteins are controversial. They are mostly collagen but they do have some whey in them. They are also very similar to something called Protonex which is used in hospitals for patients who can't eat and need to get their Protein levels up. It works too.

This is why I think the controversy over the bullets is overblown. For one thing, they aren't going to be our sole source of Protein for months at a time. OTOH, they are kind of gross. :smile: I was able to take them for a while, slightly diluted with Water or Crystal Light, but then I just couldn't gag them down any more. I ended up making my protein shake with extra Water and 1.5 servings of powder instead and that worked better for me. I still do it, in fact.

I don't think collagen based protein is controversial at all. They are a poor quality of protein.

Weren't you on those and ended up in the hospital?

The week I ended up in the hospital, I was only consuming 50 g of Protein a day because I had stopped using things like bullets and the Isopure and was stupidly trying to get most of my protein from "real" food. :smile:

The week I ended up in the hospital, I was only consuming 50 g of Protein a day because I had stopped using things like bullets and the Isopure and was stupidly trying to get most of my Protein from "real" food. :smile:

No, that is not what you told me at the time. You told me you were using the bullets for protein. 50gms is not the end of the world, using a crappy protein source is the end of the world.

You went on to tell me that you were going to start using a better quality protein and I was thrilled that you were doing that.