Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Oh Christa I'm sorry you are going through this. It's rough when you are trying to get pregnant and get your period. It's like all hope is shot for another month. You need to relax now and stop stressing. There is a master plan and you can't rush it. :)

Curb those sweets. They are your trigger and one bite leads to another. Step back from the candy. You can do this. We all have to learn to cope with our "triggers" with something other than food. Remove yourself and take a quick walk around the floor at work. Journal your thoughts instead of feeding your disappointment. You can do this. We are here for you.

Happy Holidays Junebies! I also had a slip yesterday. Someone delivered a big basket full of Cookies to my office, and by the end of the day I had eaten four. They just go right on through the band. I was very disappointed in myself, but then I had to say, this is a new way of living. There will be slips along the way, especially at times like the holidays, but the slips aren't as big (heck, last year four cookies would have been a warm-up) and I know I can get back on the plan again. Going to focus on hard Protein today. My son has two friends spending the day, so I brought the basket home, gave it to him and told him there'd better not be any cookies left in there when I get home!

I agree Cathy --

There will be slips during Holidays and other times of the year as well. But you are right about one thing ....not near the slip or the amount last Holiday Season.

I can't claim any weight loss for this week. Been sitting strong and steady at 205. But I can say that I haven't gained the usual 10 pounds over the holiday season like so many years past. So for this time of the year ....I'm very happy just staying right where I'm at.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Melissa Lea

Will someone please explain to me how I would go about posting a picture? I have tried everything that I can think of and its just not working for me...Please help!!!

I have decided to go back to my Lord of the Rings type thinking. Carbs are the "Precious" thing I obsess over, and that will surely kill 'us'. I am Gollum in so many ways when you substitute a cookie for a gold ring. It is something that you must choose to let go of, or jump in the lava after...

Yes I know I am weird, but I did really well when I put a sign on my fridge that read: "Adjust with all the strength and will power you possess." Second line read: "My Precious."

Think I may need to make a new sign for the new year. I wish everyone renewing strength and power this holiday season. Jesus was born to save us, not to kill us with sugar. :love:

Thank you for all of the support. I truly appreciate each and every one of my LBT friends.

Avilla --Look back a few pages, barbara discussed how to post a pic. Or you can do a search, photonut has written alot about how to post pics. I haven't figured it out either ....but then again I haven't tried that much.

Barbara --have fun on your cruise. I hope it's PB free for you.

Poodles I don't think you are werid. What ever works for you ...go for it!!

I now am calling myself a "seasoned" bandster. I had my first public PB last night at the restuarant. It wasn't a major episode, thank goodness for that!!!! And the bathrooms were very clean.

Happy Holidays!

Melissa Lea

Thank you Melissa Lea...I posted some pictures on the before and after post...Its amazing that someone cant really tell a difference in themself till they see a picture!!

I am kind of excited today...I went and handed out every present today under the tree that doesnt belong to anyone actuall living in the house...I felt just like Santa and even took my dad out to lunch at a Chinese Buffet and it was wonderful!! I might sound like the Grinch, but I am kinda glad that its almost over

Well, guess I am a Grinch too. I survived my get together without being pushed out of the bandster closet. Told everyone I was going on Atkins on the 26th, so maybe with a new fill, I will be set to go down the scale in the new year.

Will be glad when it is all said and done too!!!

The Grinchettes unite!! lol...I was so full from lunch out today that we didnt have dinner so I just got back from getting us all a big thing of ice cream...That just sounds funny 2 days before Christmas...But when its all over and done with I am getting myself back on track big time

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Had a lovely visit with my friend in from N. Carolina. All too short. I'm still shy a few gifts, but I may have to fake it!

I've had some slips with the seasoned nuts DD and I made. Not as bad as years past, but it is what it is. No weight gained so far and I am thankful to stay under 195. Two more gatherings and I'm home free! All the treats, etc get tossed or sent to my son's lunchroom at work

Didn't make my Christmas weightloss goal, but I did manage to get into the size 14 jeans. The smaller top is a ways off. At least I won't be hiding from the camera this year.

Thanks for all the support, stories, laughs and a few tears. Your victories inspire me and your down times help me feel "normal" in this crazy band world.

Have a safe holiday.

Hi all ! I need to update since On Thursday I had my 6 month checkup with my Nurse NP. Iam happily down 57 pounds Iam now 233 from my highest of 290!

She also told me that I have lost in 6 months 31% of my body weight! She said that when they first met me in April and made predictions for my surgery, that she had predicted that I would be where Iam now at one year, so Iam way ahead in my weight lose!

Also since my brother and his fiance are here for the holidays (they live in California) Iam helping my brother look through photo albums for pictures for use in his Wedding Video( they use childhood up until the engagement ). We found old pictures of me and we could not believe the difference in my face and body as a whole!

Just from last year's Christmas pictures,I look like a new woman!

Iam so looking forward to 2007, well first its a New Year and second my birthday is January 6th and I will be 37!

I hope everyone has a Great Holiday and "SLIMMER 2007!

Love and Hugs,

Lisa

:messenger2: :messenger2:

I am down about 34 lbs since June. I am considered a slow loser at 1 lb per week. I am down on myself. Thinking how on Gods green earth am I going to lose the rest of my weight at this pace! I guess I need to be happy with what I have lost so far.

Julie,

I'm envious of your accomplishment. I've slowed down to hoping I lose one pound a week. I love to count ahead dreaming that I'll have another 10 pound month. Plateau's and slowdowns seem to be fairly normal. Are you trying to get to a certain size for an event, etc?