Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Lucymann hasn't logged on since May. The administrator of the board gave me her email address so hopefully she will answer me. None of my PMs have been read. I do hope she is OK. I know she was planning on Vegas as she paid for her Celine ticket.

Having a great weekend. Met a few people from LBT that were in town to go on the cruise that was organized. I think there is 19 of them going on the cruise out of Galveston. I hope the weather gets better as we are having lots and lots of storms.

Only 4 more days until Vegas. I can't wait. Looking forward to fun and relaxation.

When I get back its fill time for me. That is, if I don't go to The Netherlands for business in early July. If I do that I'll wait for a fill as I don't want problems when traveling.

Hey guys, I just got back in town from vacation. Family and I went to Branson, MO for a week and we had a BLAST!! However, my unfill is catching up with me, I have been unfilled for 2 1/2 months now, and have done well but now I am gaining, I have only gained about 8lbs, but I feel and look fatter, my clothes are getting tighter, I eat ALL the time. I am so mad at myself!!! I have 3 more weeks b4 I can get filled, I have to get through my last surgery on June 29th, then I can get filled first of August. I can't wait!!!!

I hope ya'll have a blast in Vegas. For all you guys around the DFW Texas area, (and anyone else who wants to drive a little, LOL) would ya'll be interested in having a get together like for dinner somplace, in like Rockwall or Garland area? Let me know if anyone would be interested and I can put something together!!! For all the bandaversaries I missed, CONGRATS!!!!! I hope to get back with it soon!!!! Take care guys!!!

Reginia glad you had a great vacation. Don't worry so much about the eating. You will get back to normal once you can have a fill. Just try not to gain too much more or you will have to get out the old clothes. :) you've been through a lot this year so cut yourself some slack.

Lisa - I will enjoy and I have!!! I'll post pictures when I can.

Regina - Sounds great! I have relatives in your area. Do you have any dates in mind?

I know what you mean about gaining weight. These five pounds have me feeling fat too! Do you have any restriciton at all?

I wouldn't mind getting together after my vacation. Will be gone for a week to San Antonio. Going to Sea World and the Alamo with my little one (and DH) :love:

Should be back on the 22nd, so anytime after that will be great. I am going in for another fill on the 27th too.

This last "sneaky fill" of .2 (which didn't really happen, if you know what I mean) is really kicking in now. Mother nature +.2 = lousy vacation... But I am going to make the best of it. Bought two new shirts today, have my bags packed, and am ready to go.

Hope everyone has fun in Vegas...

Everyone who has posted pics looks awesome!!! So glad to see the faces with the names.

Well, I just got back in town from a weekend trip. I will be on the road working most of this week and then vegas. My cats are mad at me because I've been gone so much the past 7 days.

Well, I'll talk to you later. Have a great week everyone!

Melissa

Hello All! Happy Bandiversary to everyone! I finally moved down from 200 and am holding steady at 190!! Had a touch of the flu a few weeks back and I think that actually helped me out! lol!

Regina, I would love to get together with you all! I will be on vacation the last weel of June, we too are going to Branson, so it would be after July 1st for me. You all have a great time in Vegas!

Hey all! I got a fill today. Just .6cc. I am now on liquids for 3 days and will be on solids in time for Vegas, but I know my fellow bandsters will keep me honest. The border crossing was a breeze today-only in line 10 minutes!!! I can't wait for Vegas. I wish Mamma, Leece, Regina and Poodles were joining us too. Maybe next time!

Socal:

I wish I was going also, but as I mentioned my brother is getting married on September 15th in San Francisco so that is my trip this year. For three people from September 13th -18th it probably cost as much as the Vegas trip!-lol

Iam proud to say my psycho doc ( for my meds for my Bipolar) finally gave me the okay to use my gym membership again ! ( I had to put it on a medical hold when I had problems with my medications!)I could not go since some of the medication I was on impairs the ability to use machinery or drive. Some cause dizziness or are a controlled substance. I take Wellbutrin Xl and the dosage Iam on cause dizzness sometime. Topamax impairs the ability to drive and use machinery ( I could not use even a threadmill!) The newest one Iam on that is working extremly well is called Klonopin and I take it twice a day. This is a controlled substance so of course I have to be careful of the side effects of this one!

Needless to say the exercise I was doing was walking so I was so excited when Saturday he gave me a note to give to the gym to lift the medical hold on my membership!

The gym is a mile walk from my house I used my pedometer to clock the milage. Then I used the treadmill at 3.5 speed and a incline of 3. I manage in a half hour to do 2.9 laps. Iam still not sure what that means! Also the rest of the information about calories burned and so on went across the screen so fast after the half hour was done,Iam not sure how much I burned, but I know I did a great workout since my whole tee shirt was wet from sweat!

I think between walking to the gym and the treadmill 2.9 laps I KICKED SOME ASS TODAY IN THE EXERCISE DEPARTMENT!

It also helped that I was listening to my walkman tapes I made of my favorite dance songs that get you moving :

Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake

Lets Get Loud- Jennifer Lopez

Get the Party Started- Pink

Maria-Ricky Martin

Turn the Beat Around- Vickie Sue Robinson

September - Earth Wind and Fire

Get Down Tonite- KC and the Sunshine Band

Pump Up the Jam -Technontronic

Music- Madonna

I Need to Know - Marc Anthony

Push It - Salt and Pepper

* These are just the songs I had on the two tapes with me that I took to the gym. I have tons of tapes and Cd's since my hobbies are Music Dancing and Books! Also Iam from New York and while I like all types of music from Andrea Bocelli to some ZZ Top. I prefer old Disco and Dance Music also I love Billy Joel .

So Iam offically stepping up Workouts starting today !

Have fun in Vegas girls!-----REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS !----- but please gives us some of the dirt !----lol

Lisa

Way to go Lisa. Exercise is great for anyone.

My Mom and Dad are 78 and 83. The oldest male and female at our family reunion and they ran circles around my other aunts and uncles there. They walk at the local mall 3 - 4 times a week (used to walk every day so fast I could barely keep up).

Mom has feet problems and my Dad has knee problems and is a disabled vet. When I look at them I know DH and I have no excuse. (we meant to walk last night and just got busy napping in front of the TV, hah!)

I pulled out my clothes to wear to Vegas yesterday. I have to say packing for a trip is so much fun this year! No worries about fitting into an outfit, or an airline seat.

Hey Pinky........I know what you mean about packing for Vegas and it's almost fun to go shopping these days.

I had a fun thing happen yesterday. I had to give a sales clerk my driver's license and you know how they hardly even look at them.......as she handed it back to me she said, "you've really lost some weight". Talk about making my day. I've been smiling ever since.

Viva Las Vegas!

I thought I would go ahead and post a couple pics even though I have gained a few pounds back. The first 2 are taken of my family and me in when we went through a cave in 2003, and the last 2 were taken last week when we went through a cave..

post-205623-13813135097525_thumb.jpg

post-205623-13813135097762_thumb.jpg

post-205623-13813135098011_thumb.jpg

post-205623-13813135098241_thumb.jpg

Wow Regina! You look great! I think I was in that same cave...no seriously...my friends live in Arkansas and we drove to Branson and stopped at some caverns/caves. Can't remember the name. There is a formation that is an angel. Is that the one you were in? I know there are many caves in that area.

Thanks for the compliment. I feel fat with the gain but when I look at what I used to be, then it doesn't fel so bad. LOL

I am not sure what the name was either, but I don't believe there was an angel formation in there, this one is where they had found a saber tooth tiger remains and stuff. We were just killing time. But i had remembered that we had taken some pics from 2003 when we went to one so I found them to do a comparison. You all ready for Vegas?

Reginia you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be so proud. Just came back from getting my hair done. Blonder. It will go with my sexier clothes!!! Viva Las Vegas!!! I'm going casual gals and packing light. Don't forget to bring some pictures before and after for our, my project. DH put extra memory in my camera, a little teeny tripod so we can get pictures of all of us. Wouldn't catch me near a camera last year. :scalesno:

Still no word from Lucymann. I'm afraid something has happened to her. I wish I would have kept her address. I just didn't think to do it.