Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

BARB 465:

36_1_75.gif 13_1_205.gif 23_28_125.gif 36_22_12.gif

WE MADE IT TO OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

JUNE 13, 2006- JUNE 13, 2007!

I HOPE THE YEAR AHEAD GOES SMOOTHLY FOR BOTH OF US AND FINDS US AT GOAL NEXT YEAR AT THIS TIME!

LOVE AND BEST WISHES ,

LISA

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYMGUS

Cindy all I can say is WOW! You look terrific.

Socalgirl do you really want to get a fill just a few days before Vegas? Don't you want to eat and drink with us? :)

Leecelove70 - happy anniversary to you as well. Next year will be ours and we will be at goal next June.

Where oh where is Lucymann? I haven't heard from her and she's going to Vegas.

I thought the same thing Barb, but if I put it off til after Vegas, I'll put it off til after 4th of July, after....after...after.....Plus, I'll be on liquids for 3 days after the fill. The appt. is 9:30am on Monday, so I'll be able to eat by Thursday. If I can't eat, I'll just drink and drink some more! hahaha What do you all think? Do you have Lucymann's info. from the check she sent you for Celine? Have you PM'd her? I am anxious to see your anniversary shot Barb! K bye. M

OK socalgirl I hope your fill goes well. I would hate that you had a bad time in Vegas.

I didn't copy the info from her check. I guess I should have. Hopefully she is OK and we'll hear from her soon.

Can't believe its been 1 year today! WOW.

:clap2:Today is my one year Bandiversary!

What has a year brought to me :

1. Lower Dosage in Blood Pressure Medication.

2. I lowered my Cholesterol to a more normal range.

3. I cleared up my Bundle Branch Blockage in my Heart.

4. I can walk again without being out of breath!

5. I can dance again my favorite activity!

6. Iam a smaller size- from 32 to a size 20.

7. Learning to like exercise and not dreading it!

8. Drinking even more Water than ever before!

9. Learning to not compare myself to others, we all lose weight at a differnt pace because of age, height and medical history.

10. Asking for and getting support from others - whether it be in person or over the internet.

I weighed myself this morning on my home scale and it said 245 from the 252 I weighed on May 25th in the surgeons office at my last visit. ( Iam still fighting this dam Stomach Viral Infection) I go for my one year follow up tomorrow so that will be my offical one year weight lose and I will change my ticker to that tomorrow after my visit. So for now I have my ticker at what I weighed this morning.

The TickerFactory has great new sliders now and I really like this one since I hope to fit into these clothes next time this year!

My new goal is to be 200 by September for my brother's Wedding on September 15th in San Francisco.

So today starts the second leg of my journey and Iam ready ........

Lisa

I love seeing everyones pics!! Everyone looks great!!! Love it!!!

I am thinking I might need a fill. I swear I can just eat too much food (still not as much before banding so that's good).

Melissa Lea

Well despite my better judgement, I had a fill today. Just .2cc's, but we are going out of town next week, and my DH did not want me to mess with anything before vacation. Silly me wanted to get checked out and the lady talked me into a "little bit" since I was already there. So far so good. Hopefully, if anything goes awry it will be before Friday.

I have watched the new WLS shows on TLC and they are motivating me to get off my butt. I can now do the "Cupid Shuffle" You should check it out. (Cupid Shuffle - Learn the Cupid Shuffle. Show off your Shuffle! Hottest new dance of 2007.) Very easy to learn, and I bet my Step Team girls will get a kick out of it. I can't make it thru the whole song yet, but I will keep trying. (Pathetic ain't it?) I add in my own moves here and there too... like grabbing my chest and praying for air. :( Have also figured out if I can keep my intake to 1 ounce three times a day like the GB patients, I would lose faster. Now that is crazy.

Went to the doctor on Monday to do blood work and make sure I am ok, since my brothers thing has scared me, but have not heard back from that. Will let you know how that turns out.

Hope everyone keeps doing well with everyone else. These one year bandiversary numbers are inspiring.

Junebies Rock!!!

I was talking to my boss today. I was wearing my tight fitting dockers, nice blouse tucked in and a belt. My badge was hanging from my neck. He said during the conversation, You don't look like your badge anymore. It caught me off guard. I picked up my badge and said funny you should say that. Today is my one year anniversary from my lapband surgery. He didn't know that was the surgery I had last year. He told me whatever I was doing was working. It was such a nice way to end the day and my bandanniversary. It is also great for me that I'm able to share what I did. I haven't not told anyone except at the very beginning. Its amazing to me the stories that are shared once they know. Mine has been met with such positives. I don't think I could be a closet bandster. :(

Good luck on the fill Poodles. take it easy and don't rush to solids. Give your stomach a chance to get used to the fill.

Congrats everyone on their bandiversary. This year has been very different than what I thought it would be.

Learning to live without constant snacking has been interesting and it has also been interesting to see how I can work around the band to get in an afternoon of "grazing".

Gotta go - a 3 mile walk awaits in the "sauna" of Memorial Park in Houston, Texas.

So Junebies - I read this thread this a.m. and it fit my profile. It's worth the read.

Sorry I don't know how to post a link to this one.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post361347 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e9e9e9 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e9e9e9 1px solid"><!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e9e9e9 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #e9e9e9 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e9e9e9 1px solid" align=right>#1 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e9e9e9 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e9e9e9 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->HamuChan<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_361347", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_361347 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->icon9.gif<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Regained weight, scared, need support :rolleyes:<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR style="COLOR: #e9e9e9" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->There I was on top of the world. Then I kinda just stopped weighing and ate what I wanted for the past 6 months. I knew I had gained some weight when I noticed a few pairs of pants fitting snugly. Then....my husband mentioned it...He may as well have stabbed me in the heart with a flaming dagger. I was crying and upset, boy did he feel stupid.

I refuse to change my weight on my profile because I will have this weight off in a month. I SWEAR. I am up about 18 pounds. scalesno.gif Today me and my husband joined a gym and I worked out for the first time since I got my band. It actually felt really good and I have my work out bag all packed for tomorrow. I am going to go every single day until I get to goal weight. I just can't let the weekend spoil me. NO WAY.

I am so depressed guys. Why have I gone through all this just to gain weight? And it's TOTALLY my fault. I was drinking beer all the time (like 5 times a week) eating chocolate, ice cream, eating lots of mushy stuff, Jack in the Box tacos, Taco Bell, "eating around the band," and pretty much sitting in my recliner whenever I am home from work.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>This is a partial of her original post.

You may all think I'm crazy(well I kinda am!), but I've been thinking about HYPNOSIS! I am serious. I have such strong head hunger, it is ridiculous. I am really afraid of stretching my pouch or slipping again and I can't seem to keep my willpower sustained. I realize I have no fill right now, but the other times I had fill, I had to get unfilled, so I'm not banking on that working. Has anyone tried hypnosis? If not, what do you think?

Thanks for the post Pinky. I know I am guilty of ignoring proper eating habits. I am so thankful for my band and the fact that it is filled tight. I know I would balloon right back up to my 265 pounds.

I feel bad that I haven't learned anything this past year. I still am addicted to junk food. Even when I've eaten a good meal, feel no hunger, had no pb issues..........I still go grazing for "stuff". I think it's my carbohydrate addiction. It has nothing to do with hunger, never has. There are just certain things I crave and certain emotional triggers that set me off.

But again, thank GOD for my band. I am down 81# for the year and while I hate what my naked body looks like, I'm at least not embarassed to be seen with clothes on. I am dealing with the heat so much better this summer without all that flab.

I sure wish more of you were going to Vegas. It would so great to meet you all. This June group has been a life saver and I hope we remain an active thread throughout the coming years.

My Mom tried it. She lost 6 pounds and then went back to the old ways. She actually shared the first 2 cd's she was to listen to. I'll bring them to Vegas.

It's a valid choice, but probably not necessary to buy a big package. Mom spent several thousand.

A former neighbor went to someone in her church and she lost 40 and kept it off.

After her 2 sessions, she dreamt she got off a train with 2 heavy suitcases. She set down the suitcases and walked away. From that day forward she began making changes toward better health.

If you can find someone who has good references, I'd say go for it!

You June bandsters are sooooo inspiring. I am having surgery June 30th and am so happy to be joining your group. I just returned from Costa Rica and was so unhappy with my weight which kept me from doing a lot of fun things, not to mention having to squeeze in and out of vans and taxis and feeling like I was being stared at! Count me in for your next June reunion!!!

Julie