Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Well it has been 1 year since my surgery and i am down 92 lbs...i still have 38 lbs to go. Thought i should post some pics..so here goes!

post-206212-13813135083582_thumb.jpg

post-206212-13813135083753_thumb.jpg

post-206212-13813135084057_thumb.jpg

Everyone looks wonderful !! I cant believe it has been a year. I am very pleased with my band and would do it all over again...Congrats to everyone on such a great job!!!

Tomorrow is my one year anniversay and I told my husband this morning that I want to do something special for myself to Celebrate. He told me celebrate what-- Did you lose 100 pounds in one year?

You cheated on cake and icecream and ate shit sometimes: I told him this was when I was depressed -MOST OF IT WAS BROUGHT ON BY YOU !

ALSO I HAD MY MEDICATION CHANGED 5 TIMES IN 5 MONTHS - MOST CAUSED WEIGHT GAIN THE DOCTOR SAID!

He said your going to celebrate a 50 pound weight loss, you act like your lost 100 pounds!

I wanted to buy myself an I-pod to encourage me to get back into my exercise routine and to get to the gym.

I saw some great sales and he said no,your going to put us back into debut with your spending!

So what did I end up getting $40 dollar gold earrings from a gift card that my husband got for Nurse's day ( He is a transporter at a Hospital and they gave the Nurses and Transporters gift cards a while back) so he gave it to me .

Iam so mad right now!

What made it worse was he came on this site and looked at the post and saw all of your before and after pictures and said - see these woman lost almost 100 pounds WHY COULDN'T YOU !

I HAVE NEVER FELT SO HURT AND LIKE A FALIURE !

My surgery was done on a Tuesday so it was technically a yeas ago today on June 13th.

I look at my day of surgery picture and Iam no longer that person , I will never be her :cry.

This dam insensitive bastard!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Lisa

I am sorry that your husband isn't being as supportive as you need him to be at this time. But, that is why you have US!! You can't really compare yourself to others. We all are different ages, had different starting weights, are different heights, have varying medical concerns, stresses, etc. We even have different instructions from our surgeons, for goodness sake! This is a time for celebration, not frustration! Just use that anger as momentum to speed you to your goals! 50 pounds is a tremendous improvement and puts you at a pound a week which is a healthy rate of loss. Don't give up! You should read some threads here about spouses-they react differently. Many are threatened by the weight loss, envious, or just confused. You have had a good result from surgery and YOU know it.

Oh, P.S. I have a fill scheduled for next Monday, the 18th. I think I'll go for .5cc. I am ready to lose these last 30 pounds!!!

I am sorry that your husband isn't being as supportive as you need him to be at this time. But, that is why you have US!! You can't really compare yourself to others. We all are different ages, had different starting weights, are different heights, have varying medical concerns, stresses, etc. We even have different instructions from our surgeons, for goodness sake! This is a time for celebration, not frustration! Just use that anger as momentum to speed you to your goals! 50 pounds is a tremendous improvement and puts you at a pound a week which is a healthy rate of loss. Don't give up! You should read some threads here about spouses-they react differently. Many are threatened by the weight loss, envious, or just confused. You have had a good result from surgery and YOU know it.

I wrote my post out of frustration! I have never ever compared myself to anyone in this room since I know that we all are of different ages, heights and beginning weights. Sometimes I get so envious of those who are almost at goal and I hate myself for not being there.

I keep thinking I could of done something different! Its those times that really get me down and make me feel like such a failure.

With this band I have lost more weight than I have lost on any diet I have ever been on before--NOW THATS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!:clap2:

Also our surgeons have different requirements, mine had me do a two week Optifast liquid diet.( I lost 7 pounds on it and would never do it again, it gave me the worst case of the runs!) Others were told to do South Beach or find a diet to do on their own. We followed our own doctors instructions.

Also some of your doctors have diffferent rules about fills and some of you had alot of fills done during this year.

My doctor has strict rules about fills and will not do them unless he fells you absoultely need one (also it cost me $80 dollars out of pocket) I have had two this year only and one unfill.

Also some of us have medical problems and take alot of medication that can slow down weight lose, in my case Iam Bipolar. I have had my medication changed 5 times since January and have seen my weight change drastically from it.

My highest weight was 290 when I began my journey, surgery weigh was 283 from a week on Optifast. My lowest weight was 233 and that was in February.

At my last weight in I was 252 that was on May 25th and since June 4th I have had Gastroenteritis-Viral Infection of my Intestine. I have not been able to eat anything except broth, some rice, icepops,the occasional toasted whole wheat english muffin and oatmeal.< /span>

I have not weighed myself but I feel my clothes are lose!

Tomorrow is a big deal to me since it was a dream that I made come true for me!

I HAD THE SURGERY FOR ME -- I SAVED MY LIFE!

Thanks for giving me the encouragment to move on- Tomorrow starts the second leg of this journey and Iam ready!

Love, Hugs and friendship and sisterhood,

Lisa

I was saying your husband shouldn't compare you to others, not that you were comparing yourself to others. I meant the universal "you", not you specifically. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Lisa, I have only lost 20 lbs in a year. Show him my stats, this shit is hard... don't let him make you feel bad. See if he could do it... I know my hubby couldn't do it.

I have to get up early in the morning so won't have time to post on my anniversary. What a journey this has been. I am grateful for what I've lost. I look forward to the next year and another 50 lbs I hope.

I've gone from size 24 to size 18 and sometimes 16. If the sleeves are loose I can wear an XL in a blouse, or a 1X if it has sleeves.

I feel so much better. I am enjoying more. I am now exercising and taking Tai Chi. I love wearing sexier clothes.

I am thankful for the many friends I've met on this journey. I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for the support, the encouraging words, and the laughs.

I look forward to the time when I can meet more of you in person, but cyberspace hasn't been so bad most of the time.

All of us should be proud of taking this step, no matter what the results. We are taking control of our life and not letting food control us. Or at least most of the time. :)

Thanks for a wonderful year.

Way to go Junebies. Cindy - you look absolutely amazing!!! Glad to hear from you again too.

Barbara - you know how proud I am of all you've accomplished. Great pictures - but you look even better in person.

Sigh - for my bandiversary I had to accept a four pound gain. It's been coming on, but I'm still claiming the lowest number. I know it'll be back.

Poodles - The symptoms I'm having mimic those you've struggled with this entire year - tight and then not tight at all. This is tough and losing anything battling like this is a miracle.

Gotta go. PB's are back with a vingence.