Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Well I missed my appointment yesterday. My friend was going for her first fill and I was just going because I am supposed to. I didn't really need a fill. Well we had gotten about an inch of snow that evidently covered ice on the road. I started fish tailing not more than a mile from my house and ended up rolling my convertible and landing in a creek. Thank God we landed tires down or it might have been a totally different day. We were in about 3 ft of Water. We both walked away. She bumped her head and I bruised the inside of my knee and we both have a lot of sorness in our necks and shoulders from the seatbelts. We both made it into work today in spite of our soreness. It is definately a miracle. My husband said that it wasnt my time to go because I have way to much work left to do. Tonight at dinner I realized this to be true while he was showing my 5 yr old dd how to eat corn typewriter style. I told him that I couldnt leave him to raise these girls on his own.

Good news he got a job today. He starts tomorrow. SO maybe just maybe things will work out for Vegas after all.

Lady.........Wow what a day for you. Thank God you are both ok. Thanks for reminding me why I left that part of the country. I used to live in Erie, PA and I know about those kind of road conditions. Again, I am so glad you weren't hurt.

Congratulations to your husband for the new job. I still have faith that you will join us in Vegas.

I just have one question. How do you "eat corn, typewriter style"?

Lady ouch! Sorry about the accident, but oh so happy on the prospect you might be able to join us in June. Start putting away the money and you will be there! I'm getting so excited. It's going to be so much fun.

Aimee that is too funny. I feel your pain though. I thought I was giving birth the first few weeks. The contractions were awful and would go on and on. Finally DH went to store and came home with enema. I said no way and he said enough is enough. I swallowed my pride and viola got some relief. :) I thought that was bad enough, but you have topped me.

Trust me, it was one of those stories you wouldn't dare tell, but couldn't help it because it was so semi humiliating, semi hilarious. I have a friend who I could tell and she laughed so hard she cried. It was a lot more expensive than breaking down and buying activia - that's for sure! So I might try that activia...

thats what i was referring to in equivelent of weight, haha. For the one on here that knows my son, DON'T YOU TELL HIM I SAID THAT!!!! LOL

Yes I excersise 3 days a week usually, cardio and weights. I don't really have a food routine, I eat pretty much anything i can, i just limit portions. I try not to stress about it, not like a dieting at all. I am not a vegetable eater so I mostly do hard Protein. My band keeps me from eating most fried foods (thank God) which used to be my main source of food! I drink lots of Water, and I do drink sweet tea.

Maybe I need to introduce exercise (wow what a concept, huh?). I've eaten pretty much everything with portion limits, but that has included carbs. So I have lost weight, just not to the extent you have. Again, I'm really impressed with your results - wonderful! I also eat mexican once a week, usually chips and queso and bean and cheese nachos. I'm starting to think though that maybe I'm eating too much and need a fill...and I love sweet tea too! But...CONFESSION COMING UP...I'm seriously falling for M&M's still and I'm trying to say goodbye for good to those.

Sorry for the rambling...

OK you sweet tea lovers... I am from the south and it is not uncommon for us to go through a gallon of tea in a day. You can still have sweet tea. Just make it with splenda. I LOVE Splenda. I have been using it since I first did Atkins oh about 6 years ago. I honestly think that is what kept me from gaining back all the weight I lost on Atkins. As a matter of fact I went and found a picture of me at my top weight to show my surgeon as now I am down 100 lbs from my top weight. :biggrin1:

As far as exercise goes. I came to a startling realization. I am wearing the same size as I was 30 lbs heavier the last time I lost weight. The biggest difference is that the last time I exercised. So that means that I have lost some lean muscle and have a higher body fat % than I did at 260. I use a site called www.fittogether.net > You can put in you measurments and it will give you a body composition analysis. That is the only part that is free) It is pretty good. I started the day after Christmas and I have only lost 4 lbs but my clothes are fitting me better already. So numbers on the scale isnt the ultimate goal. Being smaller, healthier, and fitter is. OK so I am a little sore from the accident and will let my body rest a few more days. But I may need reminding to get back at it.

My 12 yr old wants to play volleyball and she is seriously starting to have problems with people making fun of her weight. She is about 5'5 and wears probably a 12. She has been working out with me and will continue to do so. I told her last night that only she can control what goes in her mouth and she is the one who controls whether or not to get up early and get on the bike and she is the one who is beautiful. I mean she is gorgeous just 20-30 lbs over weight. It seems that she has never worried about it until this year. She has never seen me have to be self concious. My DH has never belittled me. I have told her that it is so important to get it under control now. I dont want her to end up having to have surgery to lose weight.

The problem is that she thinks that if she is good at sports then maybe she will earn some respect. She really isnt that athletic. She is a very awkward preteen. Oh well I guess I will just try to get her a sports physical before next Thursday.

Lady I am so glad you were both OK. That must have been really scary. Take care of yourself now and feel better. Congrats on hubby new job.

As far as the sweet Tea, I used to make it with splenda, but now I don't. The reason is I need the calories. I use sweetner in my coffee, and everything else, so that is the one pleasure I give myself is using the real stuff in tea. But I drink lots of Water during the day at work.

Lady --"ditto" on you all being ok after the car accident and congrats on your husband's new job. I too hope that you will be able to come meet us in Vegas.

Speaking of Vegas --Barbara465 have you put any blocks on rooms yet or are you still waiting on a head count? Just keep us (me) up to date!! I'm so excited.

Regina --I too drink sweet tea from time to time. Mostly on days I feel I am not able to get enough calories. And on those days that I feel my blood sugar is too low. I've never had a problem with high blood sugars but mine do tend to go very low from time to time. But I must say, since I've been losing weight this has been a rare instance. It now happens maybe once or twice a month rather than per week. I always notice it when I change up my Breakfast. Go figure!!

Melissa Lea

My news resolution this year was to get back into the gym. This is the first time I can remember that it was not to lose weight. Anyway I finally started again. I had not gone in over a month and a half. I am so sore. Oh well, no pain, no gain. I have so much sagging skin. Hopefully lifting weights will help me get rid of it.

I am looking forward to this new year. It is unreal how much change 2006 brought me. I am a whole different person now.

Ok guys got some stats today I wanted to share. When I started trying to get approved for surgery I had my measurements taken in December of 2005, and have every 2 months since June, here they are:

drum roll......

12/5/2005 NOW total lost

Bust 52in 41.25in -10.75in

Waist 47.5in 35in -12.5in

Abs 52in 40in -12in

Hips 52in 40in -12in

Thighs 26in 22in -4in

Calves 17in 15in -2in

arms 14in 11in -3in

Weight 255 167 -88lbs

BMI 42.4 27.8

MAN what a difference this band has made in my life, I LOVE this band!!!!! Thank you so much for letting me share with you all here. You have all been my main support!!!!

Ok guys got some stats today I wanted to share. When I started trying to get approved for surgery I had my measurements taken in December of 2005, and have every 2 months since June, here they are:

drum roll......

12/5/2005 NOW total lost

Bust 52in 41.25in -10.75in

Waist 47.5in 35in -12.5in

Abs 52in 40in -12in

Hips 52in 40in -12in

Thighs 26in 22in -4in

Calves 17in 15in -2in

arms 14in 11in -3in

Weight 255 167 -88lbs

BMI 42.4 27.8

MAN what a difference this band has made in my life, I LOVE this band!!!!! Thank you so much for letting me share with you all here. You have all been my main support!!!!

wow, what an inspiration - that is wonderful! I am still so amazed at the rate of your loss. congratulations. ;):clap2:

Ladypitboss,

A story to tell the grandkids!! Sounds like you've got some living to do. Congrats on it all. You are on the right track encouraging DD to get involved in activity of any kind. Good luck to her and congrats to DH!

Barbara4, you made a good point. No sense in waiting to pay for that Vegas trip. I'm gonna put a little away each month so I'll have something to spend while I'm there!

Aimeeeeeee - you scare me honey! Now I'm worried about that constant stitch in my left side (right under my ribcage). Could I too be growing rocks?

Regina congrats on those wonderful stats. And to kick the habit to boot. No wonder you love the band! We are so proud of you.

Jana,

Can't claim to have your stellar loss, but I can claim some loose skin. Welcome to batwing city! Welcome back.

lunch was fun and enlightening with Barbara4 today. Having a face to face friend that's a bandster is a real gift. We ALL need to go to Vegas!

DH is not anxious to go and he is a wet blanket when he is someplace he doesn't want to be. I'm open to share a room with one or more (ladies please). I don't snore as loud as I did before the band and I'm not quite as gassy, if that helps!

Barbara12 Think ...cartoon character eating corn on the cob quickly from one end to the other then DING and back to the other end to start a new "line" of corn. LOL

My 5 yr old is totally unimpressed by my crash. She has no sympathy for my sore back as I wash her hair. She just doesnt have the concept how close I came to not being here. But you never know about my little one. Let me tell ya a story to give you chills. She was born on 11/11/01.

Halloween of '05 just before her 4th birthday, I was putting her to bed and she says, "I'm worried about Anna (DH's mom)"

I said," she is ok and will be here for your birthday,"

"what about Grana?" (my mom)

"yep she is ok too, we will see her for Christmas."

"and Pop?" (my dad)

"Yep we will see him for Christmas too."

"Him's dying." Matter of fact no real emotion.

"what makes you think he's dying" we found out in August he had cancer but his prognosis was good. And nothing was ever really said to her about it.

"I dunno. I just think him's been sick and him's dying."

I tried my best to reassure her and called it a night.

Less than a week later I was on the phone with my mom and sil and they were having a real hard time taking care of my dad as my brother works off shore and wouldnt be home for another week. I got off the phone in tears. My husband said," What do you want to do?" I said that I wanted to be there and he told me to go. So the next day I made arrangements for FML and drove 16 hours to help take care of my dad. I got there Friday afternoon and my best friend here was having a surprise 40th birthday on Saturday night. My little girl told everyone at the party that Pop was dead. Again no real emotion, just stating the fact. It wasnt more that 3 or 4 hours later that I held his hand as he took his last breath.

I dont know why I am sharing that here but I guess the point is that there was never any doubt in her mind that I would be here. It's like her thought is...So you crashed your car so what. You're still here. My husband and my 12 yr old broke down into tears that afternoon with the thought that I had come real close to dying.

Lady, I'm so glad you're safe and well. Holy smokes, that must have left you shaking.

The story about your daughter reminds me of the time when, at the dinner table, my 5 year old brother nonchalantly described my grandfather's death with apparently great accuracy. My grandfather died in a logging accident. My father was with him and was 15 years old at the time. As you can imagine, Dad, who has no belief whatsoever in anything supernatural or otherworldly was stunned.

Great stats Regina, you're an inspiration.