Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Barbara I'm so sorry to hear about David. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of him and yourself. If we can be of any assistance please call me.

Dear Lord,

I pray for the strengthening of David's body, and the gently guidiance of your hand during the surgery. Please be with Barbara and her family during this time, give them peace to know that You are in control. Amen

Barbara stay strong and have faith, my family will continue to pray for David and you. Thanks for knowing you can rely on us during your time of need.

Barbara 12 let us know how David is doing when you can. He is in our prayers.

Not sure I still have a fill. I am getting hungry again and yesterday had my beans/queso and chips for lunch. That filled me up until dinner. We went to IHOP and I ate the senior Breakfast of two eggs, two bacon, and hash browns. I ate it all, slowly. I felt really full when that was over. I don't think I should be able to eat that much. I had an activia for Breakfast and 5 bottles of Water throughout the day. Don't you think that's a lot?

I can't do anything about it now until after the new year. I'll go a head and make my appointment so I'll be ready. Guess I'd better make it with Spiegel so he can check why I'm not holding the fill. I certainly don't feel different with the thicker solution.

Good news is I'm still holding and maybe lost another .5 lbs. I keep a steady watch on the scale just to make sure I'm not backsliding. :)

well, i am totally frustrated with the band. it seems to be fickle. and i am growing weary. i do the right things, but don't always get the results that i desire. this week i have been really tired and have only exercised once and i didn't have my Protein, and i seem to have gained 2 pounds. i am not uping or taking in more calories. not exercising is going to make me gain? wow! i am trying to tell myself it is just Fluid. AND all of a sudden i seem to be tight in the mornings. just all of a sudden!

I notice changes in my band with the weather. The colder the weather the tighter I feel. It doesn't matter the time of day it seems to follow the temps more. Is that happening to anyone else?

Melissa Lea

Melissa I just noticed you are 7 lbs from onederland! Woohoo, way to go!

Mine must love cold weather because I'm hungrier now that it is cold than before. :) I don't think we can trend based on my experiences.

What's going on may be head hunger. Although my tummy is growling loud right now.

Our scales are not professional. I weighed myself naked. 195. I weighed my clothes on my kitchen scale. l.5 pounds. I dressed and weighed myself on my scale again. Still 195. Can cold or dry weather affect our scales. (It's a digital)

My new fill has my tummy growling and my bra's are tight around (not cup). It appears I'm still swollen from my last fill.

My hair started falling out again and looks really "wispy".

Barbara465. eggs and bacon, ok, but all of the hashbrowns could be over the top. I'm sure there have been times I've eaten that much too and it is scarey. Take cheer. For me (and I bet you too) that would have been a light dinner this time last year! The up side to it is you can enjoy the cruise. I know that for some reason, at times I am wide open. I haven't lost any fill, so go figure. I can easily eat that much volume in Mexican.

Cathy, I've cut way back on my exercise too.

I've read some of your "vents" and these are mine.

Odd how we're all different, but so many struggling.

DH suggested I not worry about results, but stick with my program as much as possible. Doesn't like the idea that I'd like to "hit it hard" in January. Guess he's heard that one before.

At this point, I'm one day at a time.

Yea Barbara --I'm 7 pounds away. The tickerfactory changed something up and I couldn't do my second scale like I normally do...so I just typed out 7 pounds.

As for eating the Sr. plate Barbara don't fret about it. I'm certainly not saying to follow my league...but when it comes to eating I eat until I am comfortably satisified. I'm not counting calories or measuring how much or how little. I can say that there are times I can't eat very much at all and other times I could probably eat the Sr. breakfast plate. I try to listen to my body signals and do what it needs and can take in. It seems to be working for me thus far.

Pinky --I don't understand scales that much. I have a very good scale at home (not digital) and there are times I jump on there multiple times in the morning and it says exactly the same thing. There are other times I seem to get a different reading each time I jump on it. I wonder if where you put your feet have anything to do with it?? Hummmm, just a thought.

Melissa Lea

I must be very fortunate. I have had a steady loss. I weigh every morning. I take in from 600 to 900 calories a day. I was exercising regurally, but I recently went back to work and don't always have time now. My failure to exercise has slowed down my weight loss but not caused me to gain. I keep expecting my losing to stop but so far so good. Right now I weigh 204 (loss of 90 lbs,) My christmas goal is to be under 200. It has been over 25 years since I have been.

Question??? I am not near as strong as I use to be. Since I have been lifting weights I thought I would get stronger but I haven't. Is anyone else noticing a loss of strength? My husband says it is because I don't take in enough calories.

Jana, 90lbs AWESOME, sounds like you and I are right there together. I haven't noticed the strength issue, but I was sooo out of shape before I don't have much to gage it on.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!