Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hello all. Thanks for the warm welcome!! - candy Candy Candy EVERYWHERE!!!! Today was somewhere between Heaven & Hell!!! I had a mini snickers, a cookie and a small cupcake today. Oh, and also a mini Heath bar. To top it all off, I had a small slice of veggie pizza from Pizza Hut for lunch. OK, I'm not going to panick. I had 1/2 a thin cut pork chop and some grean Beans for dinner. I WILL do better tomorrow! I HAVE to get to the gym!!! My goal for tomorrow is to ignore the candy and GO TO THE GYM!!!!! Has anyone been able to tell WHY the chocolate goes down so easy??? I didn't PB once today!!! Everything stayed down just fine! Hope everyone has a great day AFTER Halloween!! Good Luck to everyone on avoiding the junk!!

well hello everyone!

i haven't been here in a long while. but, i am back. still getting adjusted to married life. actually just came back from the 7 day honeymoon. disney cruise. can i say food! food! food! escargot 2 nights in a row, breakfasts, Snacks, dinner, and snacks! i thank God for the band, without it, i know i would have been way out of control. gained only a pound and i am thankful for that. i made alot of bad food choices and i am trying to get myself back on the right track now that i am back home. i ate Desserts everyday even a couple of times a day and now i am trying to get myself back to normal. so, i have started exercising. thus far twice this week. i have also taken myself back down to trying to have 3 no more than 4 oz of food at a time and not drinking at all with meals. it is so easy to get off of the beaten path. i am not the kind of person that you can give an inch because i would take a couple of miles!

I am sooo aggravated. I had a fill last Thursday and I feel hungrier since i got the fill. What's up with that? Before i had this fill i would get full faster and stay full now it seems like i am hungry all the time unless it is my brain playing dirty tricks on me. Anybody else like this?

Mommatrammal.....the candy has been hell!!! I feel your pain...LOL.....And yep chocolate just slides right on down.

I was banded 13jun2006 and have had good results--down 49lbs--got a second fill 10/25/06--all was well until Monday when the zithramax I am taking for a horrible something did not let ANYTHING go down--off I went to the doc this am--yesterday was a throw up /nothing down day--5 times!! It just goes to show that if you cannot get anything down incluing Water you DO lose weight--12 lbs of it!! needless to say it has not been good throwing up water! yuk!! whatever is going around here is not good. the doc took out all of my fill--1st and 2nd--will put it in next friday again when the swelling goes away and i feel better...WOW what a journey!! writing this so that if anyone is ill they should not wait to call the doc like i did!! NEVER want to do this again or want you to..12lbs in one week sure does look good--but not to feel the way I did..welll junbies...keep up the good work and feel great!!

Looks the site has been restored minus a couple of days of posting. Just as well because all I did was whine, whine, whine. :)

Glad to see some new and old friends posting. Seems like if it isn't candy that's getting us, its flu and honeymoons!!!! Hang in there.

Cindy not sure what is going on with your fill. Give it a few more days and see how it goes. I thought I was doing OK and now wham I'm hungry all the time. I seem to be able to eat more and more so Monday is fill day for me. I still can't get large fills so only .3. Hope that does the trick. I want them to check to make sure I still have my fill, but I think I do.

I'm going today to get a food scale. I'm going to weigh it all and only eat that much at one sitting. I think I'm taking too long to eat and chewing well and its allowing me to eat too much. I'm also going to have to give up chili con queso and chips after the next fill. I rely on it for Protein and I think it just has too many calories.

My hair is still falling out, but so far no bald spots. I guess I'd better up the Vitamins.< /p>

Loving the cooler weather. I wonder how that will play with our bands.

Sweetviolet, wow! Get better soon.

Cindycam - not hungrier after 2nd fill, but I quit losing steadily after my second, so I'm avoiding the next. Sounds like head hunger. Is your tummy growling?

Christa94, Congratulations on nuptuals and a great honeymoon. Who wants to remember their honeymoon cruise by saying, "I stayed within the lapband rules"? Glad you're back at it, but make sure to leave room for being a newlywed.

Glad the board is back up!

Pinklylee...I really think it is head hunger stomach is not growling, but i just feel different than i did with the last fill. With the last fill i didn't even think of food and now i want it. I am not eating it like i want to though i am fighting it and i guess that is all part of the process and learning when you are really hungry.

Barbara465......my doc checks to make sure all my fill is there everytime i go....she always draws it all out to make sure that it is all still there. I am filled with 2.4 right now ....i had a small fill this time only .2 and my hair is still falling out and same as you no bald spots or anything like that but i can tell it feels much thinner thank goodness i had thick hair to start with.

I think i will wait another week and if i still feel like i can eat more than i should i am going to go in for another fill. I dont like feeling hungry. I got so use to not being hungry and now all of a sudden its like i want to eat everything that crosses my path. I have also been slacking on my Water hardly drinking any. That could also be my problem. I just prefer, like i am sure we all do, when hunger is not present.

Wow! When the website is down I am so lost.

I had my third fill this week. Previously I had 1.5 cc. When she withdrew the saline there was only 1.0. She replaced the 1.5 and the barium went straight through. She added another .3cc and it was much slower. So at 1.8 cc we'll see what happens. I've only had soft foods so far and I feel restriction even with thick Soups. Hopefully I will get enough support from my band that I can get back ontrack for my Christmas goal.

I've started exercising again. It's been so hard to get back ontrack. Hopefully this cooler weather will make we want to get out and walk.

I know this is a disgusting subject..........but that's what you're there for, right? Has anyone done a colon cleanse? I have been fighting intermittent Constipation and have been reading about these cleanse products. I was just wondering what you all think about them and if you've tried them I'd like a recommendation (or warning).

Glad we're back online.........love following everyone's progress.

just an update for last week:

Days at under 1200 cals: 7

Days of 64oz h2o: 1

Days of 30 min exercise: 2

Hope everyone is doing better. I am also having trouble resisting the candy. Good thing halloween is only a once a year thing!

:update:

Regina 7 7 5 (19) Total 60

Genn 7 1 2 (10) Total 44

Barbara4 7 4 3 (14) Total 60

Pinkylee 6 5 4 (15) Total 63

For some reason, October seemed to be the month to "go with the flow". The challenge wasn't much of an incentive for most of us. Overall, we did well with Water consumption and not a bad showing for counting calories. It's the dreaded "e" word that most of us have difficulty with.

I'd like to suggest that we post information regarding exercise whenever you run across some new tidbit.

I've noticed it takes longer and longer to get my heart rate up with my usual routine. I decided to start my routine with a burst of high intensity after I was warmed up (on our eliptical machine). It seemed to keep my heart rate up even after I rejoined the walking DVD. My theory is that I will burn more calories if I start sweating earlier in the routine. I'm not anxious to go longer.

I think it was Carol124 that inspired me with her new stair stepping routine (and losing a few pounds)

Something needs to shake me up with this exercising thang. I just can't get myself motivated. My walking tapes still have the shrink wrap on them!!! I'm going to try to do better. Now that it is cool out I'll start walking outside. When I can't do that I'll put the tape in. I've got to do something to jump start my weight loss.

Barbara: I'm not big on these colon cleans. I don't think they are the way to go. :D I suggest you try adding some Fiber and eating 1 activia a day. That has helped me. Also, if you must, take an enema. Its fast and easy on the system. You might want to add a fiber pill or drink to your routine. I've always had the opposite problem and since surgery Constipation. Since I've started with the Activia and adding some fiber I've been fine.

OK everyone. Have a great weekend. If the Halloween candy is still in your house give it to the neighbors or throw it away. Enough of it already. It has to go!!!!! :)

My co-worker who knows about the surgery and has been supportive told me today that I looked skinny. SKINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She never comments on how I look. Once she said that since she sees me everyday the changes are less noticeable.

I went shopping in my closet and found a pair of black jeans and a green sweater that I haven't worn in years. The jeans were in the cleaner bag from when I sent them to the cleaner. SInce the weather was colder today I put them on with the green sweater. I thought I looked good, but didn't think anyone else would comment. Made my day!

Barbara12375,

I also have fought a big fight with the Constipation. My doc says NO EXLAX or fiber pills, what he did have me start doing is addeding to 2tbls of Benefiber which is oderless and tasteless to my coffee or whatever I drink every morning, and that has helped tremedously. Its worth a shot.

Regina

p.s. November is here lets all work hard on our christmas challenge, we can do it, stay focused and fight the good fight. Lets not have food be in control of us any longer!!!!!

Barbara465

Yeah for you! Numbers on the scale really don't mean much if we can't button those jeans!

Regarding exercise, try marching in place during a TV show. shake a leg. You know you can!

There's a beautiful harvest moon out tonight. Is anyone else as tight as I am?

This latest fill is challenging. So far I've only been able to tolerate liquids and very mushie things. Of course the ice cream went down just great.

I really thought I had blocked things last night. It really really hurt and I wasn't able to throw it up. Finally the pain passed and I was able to sleep. About 2 a.m. I woke up really thirsty. I took a large sip and the pain started all over again. Again I couldn't throw up. I stayed on liquids and some plain chocolate ice cream today until dinner. I tried a very small, very tender bite of steak which I chewed and chewed and chewed. No good! Big pain and vomited. So it's back to liquids for me. I'm thinking that things are swollen from all the aggitation. Hopefully I'll get through the weekend ok. If things aren't better by Monday I may have to "unfill" a little.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the beautiful weather!