Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having one of "those" days... The first of its kind after my July 20th surgery. It's a day where you just want to self-sabotage. I'm trying really hard to stay focused. I know our weight fluctuates, but I think I gained two lbs (and can't get them off) and that has me really down today.

Starting weight 245

Current weight 217

I'm having one of "those" days... The first of its kind after my July 20th surgery. It's a day where you just want to self-sabotage. I'm trying really hard to stay focused. I know our weight fluctuates, but I think I gained two lbs (and can't get them off) and that has me really down today.

Starting weight 245

Current weight 217

You are still newly post op and I will not be concerned about 2 pounds!! It could just be Water weight.

My weight loss was never consistent, I would drop pounds in bulk, I would go a week or two without losing any weight, or sometimes gain a pound or two and then the third week I would drop as much as 7 pounds.

Just take a deep breath, calm down and keep focused and your eye on the prize, keep up with your monthly visit to your surgeon for any needs fills, you should be ok.

Hi ButterFly. Get out of the house...take a walk, go exercise, swim...whatever. If you focus on positive behaviours, you can avoid the self sabotage. That's what I did yesterday. I made the mistake of getting on the scale mid week and right after a bowel movement...sorry about the TMI. But suffice to say, I dropped a pound and a half in that half a week. Of course yesterday when I weighed in at my regular one week interval, I put back a pound.

I knew it was likely Water weight or even just a regular fluctuation but that's when I decided to go for a swim even though I usually swim on Sunday mornings and not on Saturdays. I felt so good after that swim that it was easy to forget about the number on the scale and just focus on the long term goal.

Not sure where you live, but here in New York, it's a beautiful day. Go out and enjoy it even if your weather is not so good,

It could just be Water weight.

I would drop pounds in bulk' date=' I would go a week or two without losing any weight, or sometimes gain a pound or two and then the third week I would drop as much as 7 pounds.

[/quote']

Yeah, that's the thing.... I KNOW I shouldn't worry, but my brain has yet to catch up with the info. I'm hoping I turn out to be just like you, dropping in bulk. That would make me happy

Hi ButterFly. Get out of the house...take a walk' date=' go exercise, swim...whatever. Not sure where you live, but here in New York, it's a beautiful day. Go out and enjoy it even if your weather is not so good,[/quote']

That's exactly what I plan to to. Add a load to the machine and head out to do some back to school shopping

I'm from BROOKLYN!! ;)

(Thank you both)

I juggle 2 lbs at a time. I try to only monitor my weight weekly keeping in mind it it comes back quickly it probably is Water weight and will be gone later. I change my ticker with each drop and don't change it back with the increases because they are not permanent and so far havent been.

Well, howdy neighbor! I'm just across the river from you living in the West Village. I grew up in Canarsie and Gravesend so I know South Brooklyn well. When I was a kid, North Brooklyn was a bad area...not like now. Holy Mackerel...I remember when Williamsburg was a sh*thole and now it's an exclusive neighborhood. Have fun shopping!

Starting weight 245

Current weight 217

i agree with go......keep yourself occupied and say off the scale so much...the scales go up and down all day long......and nana is right, way too early to overly stress....to gain true weight you have to eat more calories than you burn off...have you ate 7000 extra calories

NO, you havent

this is where your mental game comes into action

do the right thing, eat great food, exercise and let the process (aka the band) work, it will not happen overnight but it will happen if you let it

you can make yourself happy by smiling and saying to yourself, i got this

now believe it

I think of it this way there is 2 me's in my head the one that ate poorly,shamely, and fat for 30+ yrs and now I put a friend in my head that eate very well, exerces, and is proud of who I 'am. It took almost a year toget this new me to be biggerthe the old me (head and body) yesthe old me takes over in times of hight stree and I gained 7 lbs but the new me is back from vacation and we are off and running and its fun again to track food and get on here. So get the junk out of your house and clean a closet before eating my house is getting so clean an organiced....

Well' date=' howdy neighbor! I'm just across the river from you living in the West Village. When I was a kid, North Brooklyn was a bad area...not like now. Holy Mackerel...I remember when Williamsburg was a sh*thole and now it's an exclusive neighborhood. Have fun shopping![/quote']

Howdy!!! Williamsburg is one of my favorite neighborhoods for a stroll, even if the sidewalks are half the size of a typical NY sidewalk.

Brooklyn here !!! :) and 5 days post op

CONGRATZ!!! Who was your surgeon?

Carolinagirl... It absolutely WAS a head issue. I did eat a little more than usual today (about 100 calories more) but they came from Protein & green veggies.

Brooklyn here also. Very curious to know who everyone used in the NY area. And I also fight that eating demon everyday. My body isn't hungry but my head keeps saying it is

Don't be so glum chum...I've been there and I'm actually going through the same thing right now. I can tell that I am a bit bloated, so I know mine is because I'm retaining Water right now. I'm not sure what I'll do to get it off - exercise more, drink more water, watch my sodium...all of the above. Eventually it has to go away, I'm not consuming that many calories, so I know it's not due to over eating.

Brooklyn here also. Very curious to know who everyone used in the NY area. And I also fight that eating demon everyday. My body isn't hungry but my head keeps saying it is

I know that feeling .....

I was banded at NYU. Dr. Ren-Fielding.