Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

looks like we are all pretty similar i was banded on the 19th i'm almost to the 40lbs down and i know on average i'm right where i should be but the weeks where it hardly moves at all is what drives me insane.. i eat ~1200 cal's a day.. with one day a week where i let my self go a little crazy and eat maybe 1500 to 1700 cals ;) ... slow is best in terms of having to deal with excess skin..just one day at a time... just wish sometimes i could fast forward :D

If you find that fast-forward button, please share!! lol

I followed the pre-op diet very strictly and lost about 25-30 lbs before surgery. I was banded with these guys on 9/30. Since then I've lost 40 more lbs. Except for Christmas time, I have been very careful with what I eat because I am terrified of band slippage and being stuck, especially since my ER visit in Dec. I chew very carefully, though sometimes I still find myself eating too fast. My doc recommends 1/4c at meals, but I need 1/2c--I have the same fill as right after surgery and I don't think I'm going to add too much more any time soon, maybe .5 at my next appt. For me, it seems like the more I eat the more I lose. I exercise 2-3 times a week, but not faithfully. When I do, however, I kick butt and workout hard, no faking for me. Ain't nobody got time for that!! lol I use the app Lose It! to track my food, and I'm trying for 80-100g of Protein and 1000 to 1200 calories, because like I said, the more I eat the better the scale is, and I can worry less about not getting enough Protein.< /p>

As a recovering food addict, I feel safe eating the same thing over and over. No room for cheating or decisions. So lately I've been having 1-2 eggs or a protein shake for Breakfast, 2 slices turkey/2 slices cheese for lunch, yogurt mid-afternoon, and 2-4 oz some kind of meat with 2-4 tbs veg for dinner. Sometimes a snack in there too, like a Quest bar.

So today I am forced to have a NSV treat--my bras are way too big and aren't holding up well (pun intended) so I'm off to Soma to get some new ones! I hope I fit--I'm just in between an XL and a 1X. Wish me luck! (And no, I won't be posting photos later. LOL!!!)

Looks like I'm going to be one of those people whose band is almost full before it really works. I went in today for a "return" FREE visit because my fill last Thursday didn't feel like it did much. The doctor put in another 1.7 cc.

I now have 9.2 cc in my 11 cc band! He gave me a pretty good adjustment this time to the point that he wants me on liquids for the next 48 hours and to introduce mushies then before going back on solid foods.

Hopefully, this better do it for me. We discussed my food, Water and exercise and anything else that could effect the band and he says I am doing everything correct! We even eat the same thing for Breakfast (can of tuna with 1 tsp of light mayo and sweet pickle relish). He also put me at ease that I could not be stretching out my band by chugging Water - which I do regularly. I drink at least 100 oz of water a day. He says that is really good and that it will not hurt my band even if I drink a whole 16oz bottle at once. Just don't drink while eating...which I don't.

Let's see how this weekend goes...

Wow Debbie, I hope that works for you. I just got another cc today putting me at 6.5. I am also really hoping it make a difference in how much I can eat. Keep us updated!

Yes, I will. I am off for the next 3 days so I am going to relax at home and work on my websites so expect me to write about this!! lol

anyone on MyFitnessPal want to share your member name so we can hook up and be friends?

I weigh myself daily and find it very motivating!!

PS I am truly in bandster hell. I am sooooo hungry, and given the chance could eat a horse. Well maybe a small pony at least. Trying to keep it in check with Protein.

Got my appt for Feb 4th for a fill.

I agree with you...I find weighing myself often motivating and keeps me on track. Although I try not to get too compulsive with the scale which I have the personality for.... ;)

I weigh almost daily as well. I have felt so bloated the last few days. My weight loss has really stalled. Ugh I'm frustrated but I'm fairly certain it's my own fault! This cold weather is killing me so my old habits of wanting to "munch" are getting to me I believe. Ready for warm weather and my 2nd fill (Tuesday)!

I weigh almost daily as well. I have felt so bloated the last few days. My weight loss has really stalled. Ugh I'm frustrated but I'm fairly certain it's my own fault! This cold weather is killing me so my old habits of wanting to "munch" are getting to me I believe. Ready for warm weather and my 2nd fill (Tuesday)!

mine too.. i am stumped on how to move past this. - though the bloated thing has got me down too i'm wondering if this is why i don't see much change on my scale.. so i'm sitting here chugging my Water in an extra extreme effort to increase the water intake reduce the caloreis intake again and see what i can do

I think I am going to have to get a small unfill until this weather straightens up. I have found that when it is really cold and the air pressure is high that I can't eat hardly anything and usually if i eat more than a few bites I end up throwing up part of it. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only in the morning or the evening, but its every time I eat and its not everyday. My scale has also been going back and forth. I know I need to exercise more, but I can only do so much inside the house and with my son's schedule and my classes getting to the gym has been a trial. I am lucky to make it there a couple times a week. I have been doing some crunches, squats, and leg lifts at home.

I want summer to get here!!!!!

My last fill has finally made a difference! I have lost 4.6 lbs in 1 week! What a difference i see now. I believe I am at the green zone but will give it a bit more time to be sure. When I met with my doctor, I took my fiance and I really let it all out, how i feel I'm still doing all the work and not losing anything! We went over what I eat , drink and how much exercise I get. He agreed I was doing everything I was supposed to - that my band was not dialed in yet. He takes a conservative approach to fills. However, this time tightened me up so I can really start to feel the difference and advised me to go back to weighing my food.< /p>

Only 4 oz per meal - 3 oz of Protein and 1 oz of whatever else I want. try to stick to fruits and veggies and don't drink your calories. I realized I was eating more than 4 oz. I was trying to eyeball my food instead of weighing by volume. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

I can imagine it hard to get exercise where it's cold. My future in-laws live in Minnesota and I don't know how people live where it gets that cold. brrrr

The point to my rambling is this....until you are dialed into your personal "Green Zone", you will continue to struggle with Banders Hell. I know I sure have. I now have 9.2 cc so keep being positive - you will get there and then things start to fall into place the way we expected them to in the beginning.

We can do this! Our little band friend won't let us quit :)

I too am finally seeing a difference. A 1 cc fill, put me at 6.5, and I can totally tell a difference, not sure I am in my green zone yet, but over 5lbs down in just a few day, staying full for over 6 hours and eating wayyyyy less. I think we are getting there ladies.

Debbie, congrats on being green!! ;)

Today I downloaded some cool apps for the gym--they are all about stretching and also working out and have pics and instructions, so I won't get stuck not having a clue anymore. LOL I'm on week 3 couch to 5k program and did 3 min of running x2 without stopping. That's a big deal for me. And, (eek I can't believe I'm gonna say this after a lifetime of not) I actually LOVE the gym. I feel so good afterwards....till I crash from exhaustion. But it really does feel better than lying on the couch being tired all the time.

This week I negotiated my first party post band. I didn't fail, but I didn't get an A+ either. This was a party with my coworkers, who don't know about the band. They all just thought I was being cautious about my carbs (they know i do low carbs) but when someone suggested I try the shrimp ("Lotsa Protein for ya!") I got nervous because I know for many banders it is a food that can get stuck. But I did just fine, eating like a little bird. I did however eat a brownie (slowly) and regretted it almost immediately because it made me "not feel right". In my wine glass I had Water all evening. Overall not so bad for trying to fit in incognito.

Congrats to both of you! I can't do the gym myself or run. I have bad ankles. But I power walk 2 miles a day 4-5 days a week. Doc says that's good for now. I will want to do more as I lose more.

PurVida - I'm very happy for you, you have really done amazing on your journey! I wish it had been as smooth for me...I have officially lost 20 lbs now.

arch - you really will know once you get to the GREEN I think but every cc gets us closer to our personal happy zone. And my doc says it's different for everyone. Some people go green with just a few cc's and me...I had to go all the way to 9.2!!!

I will be curious to where each of us lands as far as the final cc amount for Green...I'm an analyst and I would love to see those numbers...

Ok y'all! I have been kinda nauseous lately. I can't tell if it's the band or what. I've been feeling bloated, tummy kinda yucky, things have gotten stuck a good bit lately and yesterday I had my worst "stuck" episode ever. Since then I've not eaten a whole lot. I don't know if this extreme cold weather is affecting things internally or what. Anybody have any thoughts on this? I go for a fill Tuesday. May or may not get an adjustment if I'm still feeling this way.