Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Yea, I am exercising about 4 days a week for about 45 minutes, either all cardio or a mixture or cardio and weights. I am sore and can tell the workouts are going well. Started logging my food again to see if I can figure it out. I was thinking of going back to a shake diet for a few days to see if it will help.

Thanks!! :-)

You may be gaining muscle weight. Especially if your weight training. That's a good thing. You can try to increase your cardio or introduce something new to move the scales. Apparently our bodies become conditioned easily and need work out changes so that we continue to lose weight and add muscle! That's the way I understand it anyway!

Thanks Georgia

Congrats Debbie!!!!

I am so frustrated with the scale. It has not moved in a month. Eating right, logging my food. Exercising more than I have been. Not the way I wanted this year to go.

Also, keep in mind, exercising will build muscle and help lose fat but it will keep that scale sitting in the same place. I have not lost much weight at all but I'm trying to stay positive. I know they say not to weigh yourself but I have changed back to weighing myself daily but only writing down my weight on Friday. I need that extra accountability to not snack! My boyfriend is there with me when I weigh so it helps keep me honest during the day knowing I will be getting on the scale the next morning in front of him... After all I have a wedding to look good for.

By the way, it will be available to watch on line if anyone is interested let me know...

Reminder: If you were subscribed to my old website, please re-subscribe to the new one... You need to click on the email you receive back to make the subscription official

I weigh myself daily and find it very motivating!!

PS I am truly in bandster hell. I am sooooo hungry, and given the chance could eat a horse. Well maybe a small pony at least. Trying to keep it in check with Protein.

Got my appt for Feb 4th for a fill.

Edited by PuraVida37

I have noticed I'm more hungry lately than I have been! I was supposed to have my second fill on the 22nd but had to postpone until the 28th due to work schedule. I'm trying not to eat too much but I'm hungry :( anyway I think I've only lost about 5 lbs in a month and a half. Booooo

PuraVida37 & GeorgiaRN - I am SO with you!! It seems like the band is barely there right now. I am really feeling like I am back to dieting mode again and if I was any good at that, I wouldn't of needed the band to start with!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds weighing daily for motivating, sometimes it's the only thing keeping me from eating all the things that would bury my weight loss and put me back to square one.

I have a support group meeting tomorrow night and a fill scheduled for Thursday - only 2 more days...

Keep your head up girls, we can do this!! Just remember back to the days right after surgery and what we went thru. We didn't do all that to not succeed now! We have to keep on keeping on :)

I have noticed I'm more hungry lately than I have been! I was supposed to have my second fill on the 22nd but had to postpone until the 28th due to work schedule. I'm trying not to eat too much but I'm hungry :( anyway I think I've only lost about 5 lbs in a month and a half. Booooo

Ah, but you didn't GAIN 5 lbs, so that's great!!

Debbie, thanks for the pep talk!

You're welcome! I try to stay positive even though it's difficult sometimes since I haven't really lost any weight since the 1st month. I keep going back and forth with the same 5 lbs.

I'm really hoping I'm not going to be the one person who can't do this... I just keep telling myself it's a lifetime journey and I've always learned things the hard way so maybe it's just going to take me longer to get the hang of it. I am doing everything right except weighing my meal portions but I stop as soon as I start to feel full and I track every calorie. I'm only getting about 1200 a day on most days and I walk 30 minutes a day 4-5 days a week. Not sure why my body is hanging on to the weight except maybe my prescriptions... Going to talk to my nutritionist tomorrow night at our support group about it...

But, I always try to stay positive. I know it will eventually work its just a matter of time...

• NewMeDebbie - i guess it's not called bandster hell for nothing :D .. i have similar probe my weight goes up and down and hangs around the same weight then all of a sudden drops.. the goes up and down and hangs around the same. i've never had this trouble with losing before.. it was keeping it off that kicked me in the butt but then i think the difference now is that i am trying hard not to treat this like a diet but me finally having Portion Control. the will power to say no. to put that second helping back. Keep it up eventually things have to snap into place. .have you tried shaking up the number of cals you eat.. surprisingly i do well after a high cal day. and that lately i find i do a little better when i make sure i drink enough Water and that along with exercise i eat enough cals for the day. i feel i'm close to green i can go a while now between meals but it is still very hard for me to stop eating at the right amount if i don't measure and weigh i will finish my plate and i can still pretty much eat anything but i just have to chose not to.

we have got this... and with perserviance we will

intelirish...i understand what you mean. I think not weighing my food and eating carbs with dinner (pasta or tortilla) is holding me up. I drink plenty of Water and I try to get 30 min of exercise a day. chocolate is still crack cocaine to me...I can't have it in my house at all! and I struggle with turning it down when I come across it at the doctors office, etc. So I still enjoy a piece from time to time. I'm like you, I'm trying to see this as a new lifestyle and no chocolate in my life is NOT an option...hehe

I'm just learning to have a piece if offered and not bring it in the house in bulk...lol

I sure hope I hit that point soon where I start dropping some weight...I know it's just a matter of time. I am losing size so I am still very encouraged.

That's what this group is for...to keep us all motivated. Thank you for helping me and I will continue to do what I can to help you all!!

I am so grateful to have all of you. Hearing your stories and knowing I am not alone is so helpful.

We just need to keep going. Thank you!!!

I'm down 2.2 lbs today!! My lowest weight so far! maybe I'm over the hump???

Congratulations Debbie...