Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

I got an unfill of 1cc today. Now the chest tightness has subsided, but just drinking Water hurts a little. I guess I'll be back for more unfill tomorrow. :(

Vida I'm not your doc but if I were you I'd wait another day or so. Any time we get fills or unfills our bodies have to adjust. You are going to be a little tender after the unfill. I'd be a little patient and see how you fill after another 24 hours. Just my opinion though.

Like I was saying - I'm not making the best decisions and I'm aware of that but I can literally eat anything I want to eat right now. I get full. And I'm not eating as much as I was prior to band but I definitely more than I was eating a month ago. It is frustrating because I want to feel that feeling again. I want the full feeling. I want to feel some restriction at least and I'm not. I have not lost any additional weight since getting my first fill a month and a half ago. I weighed myself at the hospital today and was very disappointed. I was really hoping to be down 30 lbs by the end of year. That doesn't look like it's going to happen. In fact, before I was banded I was shooting for 50 lbs not knowing it wouldn't be that easy. I should be exercising and eating better. I am going to do better. I need to get my act together. Weighing today really made me sad :(

What are you eating?

I had a fill three weeks ago of .5 cc. Been fine till now. Our weather has been wacky though. I don't know. It feels more like port pain I guess.

Carrie where is your pain at?

Left abdominal?

All these sad faces and struggles. Come on ladies, y'all are stronger than this. Did you think the band was going to be easy? Just sit back and watch the weight disappear?? It takes effort to make this tool we have effective and I know you ladies can make it do its job. You already made the best decision in following through with forever changing your life for the better. It's basically been three months and y'all can't be getting sad already. Continue making positive impacts on your life and be happy that you've done something to improve your life for the always better. Dramatic changes won't happen over night. It's a process and it comes with gradual change. Cheer up ladies and remember why you started this journey in the first place. When I think back to where I was even 4 months ago, I can't feel anything but joyful and positive about how much my life has changed for the better, regardless of weight loss.

Carrie where is your pain at? Left abdominal?

Left ab by my port and some near my stomach. I wasn't too convened until the nurse freaked out.

I get the same pain when I consume too much food.If you are getting the pain after you eat or drink something, your band may be too tight. I usually get the pain after consuming foods that go down easy then hit me like a hammer. I don't vomit because what I ate has already passed the band. The pain feels like someone is stabbing me in the side with a knife. The pain eventually will go away after lying down. What have you been eating/drinking before you get the pain?

I haven't had any solid food today and still have the pain. I am gonna pop a Tylenol and sleep if off hopefully

I am struggling too, it's a tough time of year to keep focus on exercising and eating healthy, busier schedules and the treats. A coworker's wife brought in two LARGE containers of homemade Cookies and candies. It is killing me to maintain self control. I have not been to the gym as much as I should, as I have so many other things to do after work. Ugh, one day at a time, keep focus, and don't beat ourselves up of any slip ups. We are all in this together. Happy Holidays!! So ready for January and to see what 2014 will bring.

Your surgery was only two months ago, so it may be your port healing. I know I had random pain near my port that would come and go. The only time I have pain there now is if I bump my stomach. Good luck to you.

I get that pain sometimes too! And I never thought about it before but it usually is after I have eaten something that seems to have passed through easily. Hmmm interesting. I'm starting over AGAIN tomorrow and it's healthy choices for me! It's time to get back to eating to live instead of living to eat. Ugh - I've got to get my brain on board again! My next fill will help assuming I get more than .5 cc's!! Lol

The tightness in my chest is completely gone, but all night long I had a sharp pain (not really hard, but def. noticeable) where my band is. I tested with Water and get discomfort after drinking. A little nausea too. I hope my band hasn't slipped. That would suck. I have really been trying hard to follow the rules. I can't think of a time that would have made it slip. :(

I actually just asked my doc on Monday how difficult it was to slip a band. His response was that sometimes it just happens and they don't know why. The rest of the time he said it was extremely difficult and that you would have to go to great lengths of doing things you're not supposed to, to make it slip. He made it sound like it was something that you would deliberately have to work hard at to make happen.