Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded July 26th & BMI 32

Yes it is getting less each day. However at night is when I have had to be in complete control as throats when I snacked so much. But I'm doing good. Today is day 3 and at one point I felt a little week. So I ate a cup of veggies and it seemed to help a bit.

Yes it is getting less each day. However at night is when I have had to be in complete control as throats when I snacked so much. But I'm doing good. Today is day 3 and at one point I felt a little week. So I ate a cup of veggies and it seemed to help a bit.

Sounds like you are doing everything right! When is surgery? I am not really hungry. I am a week out from surgery and just getting used to the lifestyle. Goodluck and hang in there. I'm always glad to talk.

Aug 21 is surgery date?? Are you feeling well?? Sore?

Aug 21 is surgery date?? Are you feeling well?? Sore?

Next week! Good for you. I am sore just over my port. Otherwise no. I am feeling better each day. I don't have a lot of energy but that goes with the territory. I am concentrating on staying hydrated and getting my eating down. I took a month off of work as I had 2 other surgeries at the same time. I think it is important to take care of yourself and develop healthy habits. Make sure you take time to feel good.

Good luck to you ' date=' your first so I am going to follow you and we can do this together through this blog. I will give you all the support and encouragement that I can! I am nervous of the pain and thinking something is wrong...ugh. I need to stop over thinking every little thing! I am in NY, and you?[/quote']

I was banded June 11 .. With a bmi of 31 and doing great

Debpaige that's great! How is your weight loss so far? Have you had fills?

I was banded aug 5 and also feel great. Get first fill on sept 12th. I am finding I am getting hungry before 4 hours and am able to eat more. I am trying to eat the best I can and make good choices, however, I have gained 3 pounds out of the 19 I had lost....bummed a bit but know it will get better after fill

I was banded July 29 with bmi of 34. I had my first fill in Sept and it has been HARD!!! I didn't realize how quickly I ate and my bites weren't nearly small enough! How is everybody in this thread doing? Would love a support outlet!

Hi:)

I agree harder than u thought. I am doing good just adjusting to my new eating habits and finding what I can and can't eat. In glad you are doing well

Hi:)

I agree harder than u thought. I am doing good just adjusting to my new eating habits and finding what I can and can't eat. In glad you are doing well

How is everyone doing? I am almost 4 months post op...and needless to say, I am not at the point I thought I would be. I am going in Monday for my 4th fill. Still haven't gotten to the green zone yet! I have only lost 14 lbs. I realize with us being "low" bmi'ers that it would slower losses...I would have just expected a little more than 14 pounds! Now, I say that, but I can also say, that if it wasn't for the lapband...I would be able to comfortably fit into my once skin tights shorts, and I am pretty sure that in 4 months I would have gained weight if it wasn't for the band. So I am thankful for the band...just wish my losses were more than 14 pounds!

Just checking in with everyone...how is everyone's progress?

You will get there! I have 5 cc in my band and am in the zone, I thought I would never get there myself. I am4 months banded and down 39 lbs. it wasn't until my last fill that put me in the zone, was when The weight just started to really go. Prior to that I was up 5 lbs down 4 up 2 down 3. I felt like I was losing and gaining the same 7-8 pounds for well over a month....keep the faith, it will work for you.

Hey everyone!!! How is everybody doing?!?

An update for me...I finally hit 20 pounds (I think I am at 23 pounds now)!! LOL Woohoo!! The 26th of February will be 7 month surgiversary...so although this has been a slower journey than I thought...I still wouldn't change it. I have so much more confidence and happiness than I was when I started this.

I think I am getting really close to my green zone. I have had 5 fills. I am at 7.5cc's in a 10cc band. I go this Wednesday for hopefully a 6th fill. Not sure if the nurse practitioner will give me a fill...since this last month I have lost about 4-5 pounds. Which is what they recommend (and that was with NO exercise). But I started this journey at 163 and hit 139 yesterday! Which was very exciting!

I just thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing!!

Hope to hear from everybody!

Toni

<p>Hey everyone!!! How is everybody doing?!? </p> <p> </p> <p>An update for me...I finally hit 20 pounds (I think I am at 23 pounds now)!! LOL Woohoo!! The 26th of February will be 7 month surgiversary...so although this has been a slower journey than I thought...I still wouldn't change it. I have so much more confidence and happiness than I was when I started this. </p> <p> </p> <p>I think I am getting really close to my green zone. I have had 5 fills. I am at 7.5cc's in a 10cc band. I go this Wednesday for hopefully a 6th fill. Not sure if the nurse practitioner will give me a fill...since this last month I have lost about 4-5 pounds. Which is what they recommend (and that was with NO exercise). But I started this journey at 163 and hit 139 yesterday! Which was very exciting! </p> <p> </p> <p>I just thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing!! </p> <p> </p> <p>Hope to hear from everybody! </p> <p> </p> <p>Toni</p>

Hi, Toni! I was following your story and sounded very similar to mine. I am thinking of getting a lapband. I have a bmi of 33 hopefully I can get to the healthy zone with the help of the band. How are you doing now? I noticed this tread was a little while ago. How much have you lost in total? Have you maintained?

Hey! I am glad you are following me and my journey!! I am doing alright! I currently have 7.8cc's in my 10cc Allergan band. I have lost 25 pounds in almost 8 months. That may not seem like a lot to many people that have had this procedure done. But I started at 163 and am currently 138. I am consistently losing...but very slowly. I started with a BMI of 32. If I had to do this all over...I definitely would. It has made me be aware of what I choose to eat and giving me a sense of confidence that I had lost. At 27, I am turning into the person I want to be. If you have any additional questions please feel free to message me! I'd love to share my experience.

Thank you,

Toni

Hey! I am glad you are following me and my journey!! I am doing alright! I currently have 7.8cc's in my 10cc Allergan band. I have lost 25 pounds in almost 8 months. That may not seem like a lot to many people that have had this procedure done. But I started at 163 and am currently 138. I am consistently losing...but very slowly. I started with a BMI of 32. If I had to do this all over...I definitely would. It has made me be aware of what I choose to eat and giving me a sense of confidence that I had lost. At 27, I am turning into the person I want to be. If you have any additional questions please feel free to message me! I'd love to share my experience. <br><br> Thank you, <br> Toni

What was your experience like right after the surgery? Pain? Was recoup process take long? What was eating like? 25lbs is great. Slow and consistent I think is more important. Congrats!