Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

Hey ReadySetGo and other July Folks!

I'm also July 1st. I had my pre-surgery meeting with my doctor today. I will be starting the liquid diet tomorrow. Doc said to stay b/t 800 - 1000 calories per day and was very specific about the Protein requirements, etc. This should be.... ummm, interesting. I'm nervous about the liquid diet part, but excited about the surgery and the transitions to come. I have told my close friends, both at work and outside of work, and my family, of course. I just decided that it would be easier for me to be open with people than to have to come up with evasive answers, excuses, or lies. For me, these people are part of my support network and are all being very helpful and offering encouragement. Some asked questions or expressed concerns, but relaxed when I didn't get defensive and was able to answer their questions. Some asked questions that I also wanted the answers to that I added to my "ask the doctor" list. For me, so far, being open with people has been great! I'm not posting it to Facebook or anything like that! Just communicating directly. Nice to see someone who has my same date!!! It will be great to be able to compare notes as we are progressing if you are up for that?!?

Hi Everyone,

So I'm technically June but I'm hoping you'll let me slip into this group lol! All the June groups seem to be from people at the beginning of the month so they are way past where I am. I am scheduled June 26th which is exactly 7 months from when I went to my surgical seminar. I am on day 3 of a 10 day pre-op diet. I don't have to do liquid thank goodness. I am on a high protein/low carb diet. My caloreis have to be wihin 800 - 1100, carbs I can go up to 130 grams and Protein has to be between 80 and 90 grams.

I look forward to following your journeys :)

Wendy

Hello! I'm new here (tonight) and my surgery is July 15. I start the pre-op shakes-only on July 7. (Returning from vacation on the 6th and doctor said I only needed 1 week pre-op shakes because of my size?) Glad to find this forum and to read about other's experience (and successes) and to see other July dates on here.

Great to see others on July 1st!!!! Can't wait to see all the progress we make!!!! It's getting so close. It will be here before we know it!!! Good luck ladies!!

Hi Everyone' date='

So I'm technically June but I'm hoping you'll let me slip into this group lol! All the June groups seem to be from people at the beginning of the month so they are way past where I am. I am scheduled June 26th which is exactly 7 months from when I went to my surgical seminar. I am on day 3 of a 10 day pre-op diet. I don't have to do liquid thank goodness. I am on a high protein/low carb diet. My caloreis have to be wihin 800 - 1100, carbs I can go up to 130 grams and Protein has to be between 80 and 90 grams.

I look forward to following your journeys :)

Wendy[/quote']

I don't see why you can't be in the July group we are all in this together. I find this forum a great support I read threads daily also helps to keep my mind occupied when I'm anxious over the surgery

Hey ReadySetGo and other July Folks!

I'm also July 1st. I had my pre-surgery meeting with my doctor today. I will be starting the liquid diet tomorrow. Doc said to stay b/t 800 - 1000 calories per day and was very specific about the Protein requirements' date=' etc. This should be.... ummm, interesting. I'm nervous about the liquid diet part, but excited about the surgery and the transitions to come. I have told my close friends, both at work and outside of work, and my family, of course. I just decided that it would be easier for me to be open with people than to have to come up with evasive answers, excuses, or lies. For me, these people are part of my support network and are all being very helpful and offering encouragement. Some asked questions or expressed concerns, but relaxed when I didn't get defensive and was able to answer their questions. Some asked questions that I also wanted the answers to that I added to my "ask the doctor" list. For me, so far, being open with people has been great! I'm not posting it to Facebook or anything like that! Just communicating directly. Nice to see someone who has my same date!!! It will be great to be able to compare notes as we are progressing if you are up for that?!?[/quote']

Iiquid part day 4 not so bad a little right cause my friends are going out for dinner n drinks tomorrow night and I'm not ready to hang out and just drink Water so it's tough I have been declining my invites its just better for me right now . Ill have plenty of time to socialize after my band and actually some quiet down time is nice.

I'm not posting my decision on any Social media I told some of my friends n my entire family. As I feel people need to know ill tell them but this is for me and since it won't change me just the way I socialize for a few weeks I'm good.

Sure we can communicate I don't know how to add friends on this site but if do add me :)

I got a call from my surgeon's office today that my pre-op appt has been sched for the 1st week in July - i think this is where i get some bloodwork and EKG done? is that right?

i can't even be nervous about it... i'm too busy being anxious about flying next week. thank god it will be my last flight before the band. i'm a few lbs heavier than the last time I flew a few months ago - and I remember what a struggle it was to get the seatbelt to 'click' then. saving grace is that it's a direct flight so i only have to squeeze into 1 seat down and 1 seat back vs transferring and doubling my humiliation. i've also started preferring window seats over aisle seats - at the very least i can smush myself into the wall vs leaning into the aisle and getting bumped every time someone walks by.

Hi July Banders!

Day three of my Protein shakes, so far so good. Staying focused and keeping my eye on the prize:). This is going to be so worth it! I'm really not hungry, trying to get plenty of liquids in. Hang in their ladies, we can do this!!

I got my call yesterday and I'm scheduled for 16 July!!! 2 weeks of liquid diet starts on the 2nd! Super nervous!!!! Very excited but hope and pray I can make it through the liquid diet beforehand with no problems and not be too grumpy!!

I got a call from my surgeon's office today that my pre-op appt has been sched for the 1st week in July - i think this is where i get some bloodwork and EKG done? is that right?

This is where they will take blood work and do the EKG. I had that done last week. It was the easiest part of this entire adventure LOL! I also hear what you are saying about window seats. I'd rather squish myslef over there then stick out into the isle!

i can't even be nervous about it... i'm too busy being anxious about flying next week. thank god it will be my last flight before the band. i'm a few lbs heavier than the last time I flew a few months ago - and I remember what a struggle it was to get the seatbelt to 'click' then. saving grace is that it's a direct flight so i only have to squeeze into 1 seat down and 1 seat back vs transferring and doubling my humiliation. i've also started preferring window seats over aisle seats - at the very least i can smush myself into the wall vs leaning into the aisle and getting bumped every time someone walks by.

Yes EKG blood n chest X-ray at least that was what I had done Monday ... And I met my very good looking anesthesiologist lol :)

Ugh flying yes I hate that squish feeling jet blue seats way more comfortable then some. Hoping I won't have to squish when we go to Vegas in September :)

As far as liquid diet I can have 6 shakes so I space them out and drink 5 a day and lotsa of Water. I just say there is light at the end of the tunnel and I can chew in August lol :)

We got this and we will be celebrating our weight loss and non scale victories like no squishing on planes shortly :)

Good luck my July people we got this

Iiquid part day 4 not so bad a little right cause my friends are going out for dinner n drinks tomorrow night and I'm not ready to hang out and just drink Water so it's tough I have been declining my invites its just better for me right now . Ill have plenty of time to socialize after my band and actually some quiet down time is nice.

I'm not posting my decision on any Social media I told some of my friends n my entire family. As I feel people need to know ill tell them but this is for me and since it won't change me just the way I socialize for a few weeks I'm good.

Sure we can communicate I don't know how to add friends on this site but if do add me :)

I am July 1 also! Count me in!

3lbs so far in pre-pre-op routine. liquid diet starts on Thursday!

July 1st for me!!! Have been on my pre-op milk and yoghurt diet for the last four weeks!!! Cant wait til I get to chew something again!!!! Good luck to everyone out there`