Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Date set: July 11th - any other July banders?

Hey girls! My surgery is July 18. My mom will be down for a few days to help me out. My surgery is on a Thursday morning and I have to return to work the following Monday but only half days that week. I'm self pay and praying for no complications and the strength to get through the pre-op diet. I'd love for us to keep this thread running with our progress throughout the coming months! Fingers crossed for success for all of us!

My surgery is July 8th ... I can't believe how nervous and excited I am! My pre-op diet starts July 5th, thankfully! Three days of Clear Liquids. Glad to "meet" others who are having surgery around the same time as me. I need all the support I can get!

Hello! My name is Vickie and I too am excited! After almost 8 months I finally have a date for surgery! I first attended a lap band seminar late October. I gave them my insurance information and the next day I got a call saying my insurance would cover the surgery but I would have to have six months of meeting monthly with the dietician before they would pay. Because we had a major vacation already planned prior to this, I knew I would not be having surgery until after we returned from vacation. However, my doctors office submitted my claim for final approval and they DENIED it!! That's right denied it. Said my health condition was not "life threatening". Are you kidding me?? Thankfully, the woman at my doctor's office handling this did not give up and my doctor even wrote a letter to my insurance stating how in his professional opinion this was necessary for me. I got a call this week and I am scheduled for July 2nd. I have an appointment Monday to meet for my preoperative appointment with my doctor and the nutritionist and will get my shakes. The office where I go has group support meetings once a month and I have also been attending these meetings and I have learned so much in talking with people who have already had the surgery and are doing well on their journeys. I am so excited and was happy to find this thread to join. July banders we're soon to be!! I know the time now is going to go fast and soon I'll be on my journey and I can't wait. Good luck to us all! I look forward to sharing experiences with you all!

Got a call from the surgical scheduler this morning' date=' and my date is set for July 11th! I was hoping it might be sooner, but not surprised it worked out this way. Means I will be starting my liquid diet while I'm traveling for work - so that will be interesting. I'm also wrestling with not having our annual 4th of July BBQ at my house (which is in a prime location for watching fireworks) - maybe I'll just have ppl over for fireworks but avoid smelling burgers on the grill all day.

Anyone else have a July date set? Wanna support each other through the next weeks?[/quote']

My date is July the 3rd!!

I'm meeting with the nutritionist on Monday! Doctor's office is confident enough that the insurance will approve all based on their conversations with my insurance company that they scheduled have confirmed my "tentative" date of July 1 as definite. My cardiologist has been trying to get my insurance to approve an echocardiogram for 2 years. This surgery finally got it signed off on, so I have that on Monday, too! I have my final pre-op on Wednesday with my surgeon. I haven't gotten to the nervous stage yet; still feeling very excited. I think nervous will hit when I have to start the liquid diet. I have bought a variety of different products for the liquid diet part so it will be less boring and I'm ready! So glad to have others to talk with who will be going through the same experiences.

Feeling a wee bit discouraged with my pre-pre-op diet. It has been a week and a half of subbing in a Protein Shake for a meal and sometimes a snack, reducing calories to 1660/day (or under) and walking 3x/week (all while hitting at least 80g protein/day). I know these goals are more cals/less exercise than I will have post/band but was hoping to step myself in the direction I'm heading. And the scale hasn't budged. I suppose I haven't gained any weight which is a good thing, but I really thought I might get a little weight loss momentum happening as I moved into liquid diet stage. Ah well. Just needed a place to vent.

Hi! I'm July 11th as well! I am starting the Sugar Busters Diet tomorrow. I don't have to start that early but I am. I have eaten every single thing I have wanted to since last month. I had to get it out my system. I gained 6 pounds!!! Now, it's time to start the process. I picked July 11th to give myself time to enjoy the summer and vacation. I'm ready now. Keep in touch. I have it easy with Sugar Busters versus a liquid diet so I will not complain!!!!

Define "Sugar busters diet" please?

It's a diet where you eat very little carbs and sugar. I bought the book it sells on Amazon. But basically it's a low carb low sugar diet.

It's a diet where you eat very little carbs and sugar. I bought the book it sells on Amazon. But basically it's a low carb low sugar diet.

Interesting. I've never heard of it - good luck. Exciting to have a "date twin" :)

My date is July 3 rd. I start my preop diet on Tuesday which is the same day I have my preop diet class. With all the variation I am not sure what to expect

Christy in tallahassee fl

My surgery is July 8th ... I can't believe how nervous and excited I am! My pre-op diet starts July 5th, thankfully! Three days of Clear liquids. Glad to "meet" others who are having surgery around the same time as me. I need all the support I can get!

Good Morning....you and I have the same surgery date! I would love to support each other through this! So excited for us! Lisa

well after almost 2 weeks of religiously using myfitnesspal and logging everything - plus walking at least 3x/week, hitting 80+ g of Protein, and keeping cals under 1650 (which i know is more than i'll have post-band but is still a big reduction from where i was) - i have finally lost 2lbs. the scale just wasn't moving and i was getting a little discouraged, but feeling great today! i'm steadily feeling more confident that this pre-pre-op approach will help me when i switch over to 4 Protein shakes/day + 1/2 a cup of veggies. i told my manager yesterday about starting the liquid diet since we will be at a conference together and i wanted her to know why i might seem grumpy or in a funk - she was very supportive.

how is everyone else with July dates doing? i know some of the early July peeps must be on/close to starting pre-op diets.

Surgery July 1 ... Started per op liquid diet Monday the 17. Monday was hard but I survived. My anxiousness and excitement are overwhelming at times but I feel this is the right choice for me to be healthy. I'm doing 1000 calories mainly Protein Shakes n a diet snappily n a Jello. Hoping my motivation will last lol. I just keep saying I can chew again in August :) we got this July bandsters I think making this choice was the hardest part at least for me still haven't told a lot of people maybe ill get to it....