Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this site and disappointed

I just read a posters rendition of her experience

With the band and how horrible it was/is for her

And all she got was slammed !! Everyone who is

Conciderimg this type of surgery needs to read

ALL out comes because one of them could happen

To you! When you are told in orientation all possible

Side effects of surgery who are you fooling guys

Everyone hears them and thinks it can't happen

To me.... Well ask your self why are you obese??

Be honest this is life long and not a quick fix. They

Also don't tell you all possible side effects either.

Did they tell you that your band could cause a

Life threatening inflammatory process involving

Your lungs, liver ect??? It happened to me!!

Lungs full of Fluid ect... What about Vagus

Nerve stimulation? Did they mention that? I also

Have that now and have episodes of syncope( feel

Like I am passing out) I am now afraid to go anywhere

So, I AM getting my HORRIBLE band removed

That I have had since 93.... I was not told about

The above side effects... Kuddo's to u guys that

This actually works for, contact me in 20 yrs and

Tell me your experience !! Also for all of you that

Bashed her read your own boards they are full

Of miserable people!!!!

Good luck and good health to you. I hope I get spared those side effects. But thanks for the eye opening post.

My doctor told me that any WLS could result in death during my consultation. He doesn't take his surgery lightly, and was careful to inform me of the risks.

lol, thank you for your post.Alex will be back on you like white on rice.

I'm Truly sorry that you've had to experience this. I AGREE 100% we aren't told the FACTS. WHY? because the Doctors don't share them. Oh they attend their conferences ( at least I hope they do) But they only know what the manufacturer tell's them or what the previous studies report. Do they learn about situations like your's? Highly unlikely. Or their over inflated EGO's don't believe a person in PAIN.

I personally don't care who you are, but be warned it doesn't matter on this Board about Complications, or REAL band experiences, Because for allot they only want to hear all the GOOD. And I myself have heard that complications are only 5% with the band, and it's Never the fault of the band, but ALWAYS non-compliance of the patient. So please don't scare all the newbies (NOT my words, but those spoken here)

I however want to hear the GOOD< BAD< AND UGLY.

SO THANK you for Sharing your experience.

I am not the " other" person. I am a real live 58 yo

Mom( used to be nurse). I was told about the

Sure, of course. And you decided to make you first post on here an attack on everyone. Way to introduce yourself to the board. No doubt you will make many friends.

Also for all of you that

Bashed her read your own boards they are full

Of miserable people!!!!

This is my favorite. Way to go maui because you seem to be the most miserable person here.

I appreciate the comments and wish everyone well

I only posted here at all because I personally

Feel violated by what has happened to me.

I am not here to make friends and was lurking only

To see if others had the same problems. The poster

Who said it is not the bands fault is mostly right

Non compliance is the major factor. I think one that

Is the worst for a morbidly obese person, if we were compliant

All the time we wouldn't be fat! I want I just want people to know

All side effects,

it's funny when Alex runs the IP address, it comes back to the same place, hmmmmm

Go get it out and feel better.

I agree. Take care of your self and feel better

it's funny when Alex runs the IP address, it comes back to the same place, hmmmmm

Shocka! :D

Most of us who elect for WLS have run the gamut of fad diets, weight loss groups, etc. before deciding on WLS as being a solution. I think many of us are well aware of the risks of any surgery, including all of the WLS options. I don't have much to say about the clinics, like those in LA, that appealed to vanity or pushed procedures on unfit candidates for surgery.... but I know my surgeon has earned his reputation by putting his patients above his profit margins. To insinuate that we have undertaken this journey in ignorant bliss is an insult to those of us who have suffered with weight problems, and despite the risks, underwent surgery with our eyes wide open.

I do have some compassion for those who had problems. But, not ALL problems are band related. Did the surgeon properly screen his patients? No surgery comes with a guarantee.