Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

has anyone used this?

i keep seeing it advertised on tv

if you have, does it work like they say..

Paula bought 6mths of it and went way back in our family. It was quite interesting. You have to be committed to put in a lot of time and effort.

I now have a cousin in England on my FB, that we didn't know before.

Paula bought 6mths of it and went way back in our family. It was quite interesting. You have to be committed to put in a lot of time and effort.

I now have a cousin in England on my FB, that we didn't know before.

it costs?? was it alot?? sorry to be nosey

I think they give you 30days free and then you're so deep into it, you pay. I think it was around $125.00 for 6mths.

I've used it and its amazing to see documents that our ancestors signed. I paid $161 inc tax for 6 months. You can go month to month also. I documented my paternal granmother's lineage back to the 13th century!

I've been away for a while, no Internet, but omg, girl, you are looking fine!!!

my Sister has had it for years, $200 a year and I've used it trying to focus on Hubbies side of the family, Like mentioned it's very time consuming, you can contact others on it that might be related, but then have to wait.....for a response. I've found unless you know names and dates (DOB,Marriages etc..) it's not that easy to find things. Hopefully your name isn't SMITH :P Just glad I'm not the one paying for it :D

CG they are centered here in Utah which because of Mormonism is the Mecca for genealogists. I have interacted with some of their IT people and found them to be exceptionally sharp, and I have heard nothing but good about the company.

I've been away for a while, no Internet, but omg, girl, you are looking fine!!!

awe, thank you sweetheart :)

CG they are centered here in Utah which because of Mormonism is the Mecca for genealogists. I have interacted with some of their IT people and found them to be exceptionally sharp, and I have heard nothing but good about the company.

so you just put in names and they search databases?

has anyone used this?

i keep seeing it advertised on tv

if you have' date=' does it work like they say..[/quote']

I used it at one point years ago and found out that my great great grandfather on my Fathers side had the EXACT same name as my son. I thought it was a cool site, but I only kept it a few months due to cost. A lot of cool info though. I talked to one of my Uncles and he brought over binders full of info on our extended family, he used the website as a starting point and then did research on his own. He spent TONS of time. But, I thought that it was really neat. Found out that I'm related to the real "Pocahontas".

I often wondered about all this, too. Being Jewish and everyone being from Europe, everyone has a different last name since landing in this country. My husband's last name is made up so everyone with that name is related. I think it would be too hard for me but I would have loved to find people.

A cousin did find something though about my mother's uncle on the internet, he was an original secret service person and my mother lived with him for about one year. My mother said Charles Lindbergh gave them a dog and they called it, Lindy. My mother is alive, almost 95 but has dementia, so she doesn;t recall too much.

Good luck to all of you finding about your families, I hope good stuff, not bad.

Girl my sister has used this for many years and I am a member as one of her guest, meaning I can look at all of the work she does. I get the impression it takes a lot of work but I guess if you enjoy it it isn't really work. And yes it cost money but I don't know how much. Apparently she feels it is worth it. Sorry I don't have any real info for you. :)

CG I did a trial membership a couple of yrs ago for 6 months, loved it, of course I am into that kind of thing and my lineage on my mom's side dates back to 1600's to England and Ireland and it was cool to see documents for that but I already had names and dates but my dad's side I ran into a dead end, not sure why. Had to give it up because of finances but would love to get back into it someday. Well, worth the money if you have the time to put into it.

I used it at one point years ago and found out that my great great grandfather on my Fathers side had the EXACT same name as my son. I thought it was a cool site, but I only kept it a few months due to cost. A lot of cool info though. I talked to one of my Uncles and he brought over binders full of info on our extended family, he used the website as a starting point and then did research on his own. He spent TONS of time. But, I thought that it was really neat. Found out that I'm related to the real "Pocahontas".

pocahontas? are you serious?? tell me more