Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Patty, so sorry you all had food poisoning! I've had it a couple of times, and I swear, it is about as sick as you can get! Fortunately, it doesn't last long, but it's bad while it lasts!

Sorry you lost your long post, Eileen...I hate that!

Donna, congrats on all your binge buying at Chico's! One time a bought a way too expensive stereo, all because I was high on chocolate! LOL!

It's storming today, but I like that kind of weather!

Today is GS day...

It's May, and around here at school, that's the official beginning of PANIC TIME! Where did the time go? Who knew 9 months could flash by like that! Sometimes it makes me laugh, well, most of the time...silly kids. Sometimes it's just weird!

Everyone, have a good day!

Hugs, Cindy

So...NJ Chick..you'll be back later...after you go outside to ???? LOL

Becky, your a keeper ROFLMFAO, i love your quick wit. When this board first started, i remember telling everyone that even thought they are not from Jersey, they still had a little bit of jersey in them...you fit right in darlink'

Patty, no thats not what it feels like with the lap band...its a different soreness. I'm glad your feeling better. Did you call Sizzlers and tell them. ICK.

Pat i love that baby, he is precious, can I have him? lol even though the Water and wind was cold the description still sounds pretty. watcha up to today.

Donna good for you for buying new clothes, DH is right you do deserve it. i remember b/4 you were banded and you saying how much you hated your clothes... well girl... this is long overdue.. enjoy!!

Kat, don't worry about posting on the wrong thread... I remember Beanie slapping me around a bit because i would post on the wrong thread LOLOL (between you and i, she can pack a mean punch) LOL.. jk don't worry...we won't smack you to hard :guess

Sherry, men make me sick (sorry Ira, not you hon). My dh can lose weight by cutting down on just a tad of food...for instance, instead of eating 6 pancakes, he'll eat 5 and lose 5 lbs that week...go figure... grrrrrrrrrrrr. Hang in there and may I suggest a shopping spree for you too... can't hurt :confused:

Cindy, thats one heafty charge for that ticket... boy that makes me sick. To bad you couldn't pop their tires LOL OHHH and good for YOU for buying new clothes too. I got some the other day as well... I bough a pair of white capris with gold trim at the bottom... I NEVER wear capris (or shorts)... but they were so cute I couldn't resist. Now to muster up the balls to wear them.... I just look so frumpy still... but thats okay, I'll get there :pray2:

Betty good for you for being good on your diet... bet that cake tasted like kaka anyway. I can be good at work but once I'm home thats it... its like a free-for-all and anything goes.. sigh. "BRAVO" - glad you loved that may song LOL

Darcy, those flowers are beautiful !!!! I love that picture. And I can smell them from here lol. Lilacs are coming out now and the world smells beautiful... I love those flowers. watcha up to this week?

Anne..... are you still getting the butter out of your couch? LOL

Beanie did enjoyed your day home with DH?

Mary... :eek:

Okay listen..... I'm very very depressed. I must be losing 200+ hairs a day, I mean the drain is just packed when I'm done washing my hair plus it falls out in clumps during the day, my once nice hair is now strings, strings I tell you... I'm so so angry. i know there's nothing I can do, I'm drinking my Protein drinks but man this is upsetting me like you can't believe. My DH and DD are grossed out by the amounts that fall out. Am I going to go bald? i can't afford it to get thinner WAAAH. WTF.. its scary. sigh...rant over.

And how's everything with you all ?

Hi everyone, I think I am once again in the right month....but then I thought that before now didn't I????

Oh Patty I am so sorry you and the kids were so sick. Did you report the suspected food Poisoning? I wonder how many others were ill. There was a place in a nearby town where several people got ill, and one elderly woman even died, and they made an announcement that you should always report suspected food poisonings. Now if I could just remember who you were to report them to, i would share that with ya!

Thanks for the warning Becky, if Beannie comes a swingin' I'll duck!!!!

And Darcy, you can have my lilacs, my neighbors lilacs (PLEASE!!!!) in fact take them all!!! I am so allergic to them, I can't even go in my own yard right now! My neighbors are all in bloom! Needless to say I have none. Last night I tried to take my granddaughter out to play in the yard, and within minutes, my eyes were almost swollen closed. Well I was ready to escape back to the house, but she had other ideas. And I cannot lift her yet... So I drug her poor screaming little self back in the house. Mean ol Granny!!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Kat

Happy Tuesday Ladies!

I can't keep up with the personals, but I will do what I can. :confused: I still don't even know all of your names. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Patty, Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Yuck! I hope you are feeling fine now.

And who was that who got clothes? Doc? Cindy, maybe? Anyway...I love your shopping technique!

NJ Chick, I had the balding, er, hair loss, too. Not only did I lose gobs of hair at about 4 months out from the surgery, then I lost weight so fast I lost more hair a few months after that! Yikes! It was very discouraging. My new growth is still only about 5 inches long and sticks out all over. I'm a regular fuzzhead. My hair used to be down to my butt -- now I wear it just below my shoulders. I think I'm growing it out now, though. Biotin seems to help. That fancy Shampoo (Nioxin?) did not work at all.

The upside is -- my hair really does not look as bad as I think it does. It's just not as good as it used to be. My hair-cutter has assured me that there are people much worse off than me out there. AND -- I did not go bald! Hang in there. It will grow back.

More big hugz to Darcy and Betty for giving me a little encouragement to join in here. I really need to keep working with my band.

Later Chickies!

Yea, what Becky said. Really, Eileen! It happened to me, too, and I think 4-6 months after surgery...but it's over now, and it's all just fine. Well, I'm still gray, and I still have to color it, so I guess that's fine....my hair isn't very long, about chin length, so I imagine with your long hair, it does look like a lot! Any time your body undergoes a big shock, or lots of stress, which I suppose surgery would qualify, you'll lose hair. It's gonna be okay, okay?

A few years ago, I had uterine cancer, and the chemo, caused a total loss of hair. Prior to that it had been a med. blonde, long and straight. It grew back in a light brown, and curly. Wonder if it will change again??? I have heard of musical chairs, but musical hairs???? With my luck it will fall out and grow back on my chin or something!!!

Kat

Kat, that is exactly what happened to a friend of mine. How strange is that! And rather disconcertiing to have to change your image of yourself. I'm glad you are still here to tell the tale, though.

Even with my half-hair loss, my hair is very wavy because it is so much thinner. When is was very straight, I wished for curls, now I sit here with clips in it to get it to lay flat. Go figure!

As part of my weight-loss efforts, I started crocheting again and then moved on to knitting. When an online friend was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, I started a group that knits hats for chemo patients. It helps me deal with the pain others are experiencing, allows me to give a little, and keeps my hands busy. I really enjoy it.

Becky, my best friend, "Becky" is also a Rebecca Lee...so I thought that was why I liked you immediately.....now with this I KNOW it!!!

Kat

Wow!

So much going on already in the May Chat. DH and I ended up not going to the Faire on Saturday - the weather was threatening to storm - so we stayed home and played with our flowers. Sunday was the perfect day for the fair, anyway. It was THE most beautiful day we have had so far this year, I swear. The Faire was fab - all the interesting people were out and we had great fun looking in the shops and watching the shows and watching all the people.

Monday, DH got to do whatever he wanted... Bless his heart, he chose a trip to the Stonebriar Mall for lunch and shopping at Sam's club... Talk about a simple life... but we had fun and between Sunday & Monday we got a lot of walking in.

So, over the last three days, I have consumed like a mad-woman. I think I am going to have to get a zipper and a pad-lock installed on my lips. But what is a girl supposed to do when a Rib Eye steak jumps off the grill and onto her plate? I mean, you can't turn away that poor little rib eye, can you? And then, it WAS DH's Birthday celeb. We had strawberry shortcake - and not a demure bandster portion, either. I was SO bad this weekend that I didn't even get on the scale this morning. I was afraid...*sigh*

So, today, I am trying to be pure. But, of course, we still have steaks to eat - DH thought freezing them would be akin to murder in the third degree - and it IS Protein.... Somebody kick me and make me go to the gym!

Well, I have to run. They have re-worked the whole department where I work (well, I WAS the bulk of the department, and now I have team-mates) and I have to get the new system figured out. I will try to stop in and do personals at some point soon.

Hi Becky! Welcome. And Kat - Swinging? Why would I be swinging? Clearly I have missed something. :]

Hugs all round!

Let's just say I have been warned of the wrath of Beannie when we screw up!!! And I do it soooo often!!! Just so ya know I ain't skeered!!!:paranoid lmao

Kat

I'm ASkeered of everything... HECK... nobody can walk into the room without startling me...lol. It used to scared the crap out of my husband... now he is sure to announce from WAAAAAYYYYY down the hall that he is entering the room!

Eileen... No worries... I had the hair loss as well... I had gobs of it coming out and plugging up the tub drain. It did finally stop... and the hair returned! Unfortunately... it still returned mostly gray... damn... I was hoping for curly red hair! I love smelly ole flowers... especially the purple ones!

Patty... Oh man... food poisoning sucks! I still can't eat mexican food to this day because of my experience. I ended up vomiting blood by the time it finally went away! It was AWFUL... ((((Hugs))))

Cindy... I think May should be the YEEHAW it's almost over month...lol. :eek: I can't even imagine being a teacher... they'd all be standing in the corner...lol.

Kat... Sorry you have allergies to smelly ole flowers. :confused: I do too... but only if we bring them into an enclosed space... Easter Lillies nearly kill me. Still... I am a lover of blooms and basically anyting that I can plant and watch grow!

Becky Lee... I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy that you are here!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Next weekend there will be more flowers popping up for a picture and pretty soon the FROGS will be out and about... I'll snap some pics for you. :pray2: We have a nice variety of sweet tree frogs.

Sherry... Men suck...lol. My hubby can do the same thing but he has grown wise and keeps those numbers to himself. :waytogo: Don't feel bad about being left behind... thank goodness Pat told me there was a new thread or I'd still be posting in April!

Rene... LOL... Bloody steaks are sneaky! Gawd I love steak... wait... I love all food and all of it jumps onto my plate when I'm not lookin! Oh... I want to thank you bcause I have had that Simon and Garfunkel song going round and round in my brain every since you posted about going to the fair. *sigh*

Donna... Nothing feels better than buying clothes in a smaller size! You deserve that outfit...enjoy it!!!!

Betty... I'm counting to 10 as I type...lol. I shoud start a jar and put money in it every week for what I would have spent on cigs... NAHHHHH... I just want to forget that I was stupid enough to smoke the darn things in the first place! I bet your yard is blooming pretty... lets have a picture!

Sorry if I missed anybody... have to go pick up my girl in a bit. Leftovers for dinner. :clap:

Thanks everyone for your get well wishes, I am definately feeling better. I went to work today but was really glad to get off my feet.

I got my income tax return..... sorta. The IRS decided to keep my $110. dollars for the 401K money that my ex-husband withdrew, and since he never claimed it they decided to take my tax return! Funny thing is, Dan just turned in his tax return on April 15th and he doesn't know whats about to hit him! :clap2: Funny how things work out!

I want to welcome our new comers.... this is the best thread at LBT!

Hoooooowwwwwwwdddddddyyyyyyy Y'all!:grouphug:

Gosh, I miss being here during the day! I must say I get entertained when I come here though!:huggie: :confused: :confused: Day two and I am still behaving myself with eating. I must say though I could sure use a big bowl of Braum's ice cream about now. :D :D :D

Eileen - I lost so much hair I was looking to see if I was bald in spots, and my temples got extremely thin! I even asked my doctor for suggestions! He told me not to worry, it is a hormonal thing, doesn't have a thing to do with Protein or any of that. It was in fact growing in as it was falling out. It all came back normal for me, and I have long hair again down past the middle of my back.

Cindy - I remember how bad I wanted the year to end when I was in school, but always looked forward to it starting again. Go figure!

Donna - Hey girl, that must have been some shopping trip you had! Make sure to post us a picture of the new outfit!

Becky - That is so cool of you to make those hats. Ladies, Becky is one fantastic crochet person. She made me a hat that I absolutely love, and a scarf! She does great work. Don't worry, you will learn everyone pretty fast.

Patty - Sorry about the food poisoning! Hope you feel much better by now.

Sherry - You are right, men do suck when it comes to w/l. everyone of them I know can lose 10 pounds in a week by doing nothing!

Darcy - A lot of my flowers bloomed two weeks ago, I'll have to see what I have left! lol I love tree frogs! Yes, post us some!

Beanie - I eat steak, it's Protein after all, lol! Hey, I had strawberry shortcake too!

Pat - What's cooking babe? lol (At least we know Pat herself isn't cooking) ROFLMAO! What's the latest?

Anne - Where are you girl? You aren't over on the April board are you?

Well, DH is calling me as usual, heck you would think he would like a little time alone. He just wants me in there, then he'll fall asleep anyway! Ugh!

Later!

Hey Y'all!

Happy Tuesday!

Pat: That baby is sooo cute! I see now why you miss him so much when he isn't around. Just thinking of those adorable cheeks! Yahoo! I think he loves his grama!

Patty: Oh, I am so sorry about your food poisoning. That really bites@! Bad enough you were sick but when you al lare sick...that is awful.

Eileen: Heading up north Memorial day, but I'll be flying into westchester and spenind the whole time in CT. I'll get there don't you worry! Where you near? My cousin just moved from saddlebrook to paramus.

Bene: It sounds like you and your hubby are so in love : - ) it is really nice ..... that is how I feel about my DH. I smile when I think of him. I love to play in the garden. One of the things I miss most about having a house... my garden. The fair sounds great..... I love fairs...

OK that is odd... my post just got 1/2 posted and it left it on the screen! Well at least I didn't loose it all!

Betty: You are so busy! How is the new job? Mine is good. Thanks for asking.... I don't know if I asked this before... How did you become moderator of this site? What do you have to do?

Kat: I am glad you have joined us... Back in CT I would normally have horrible allergies this time of year, but so far in Florida I am fine! Knock on wood!!!

Sherry: Men lose weight so fast. Sometimes it is hard for me to be happy for him!!! LOL How is the bike doing?

Darsey: Thanks for the support... I don't feel guilty anymore. When I finally decide to where that outfit, I will take a picture.

Anne: How are you?

Oh, I will be in San Antonio in July for my sons graduation from boot camp. Anyone live near there?

Kisses,