Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Creekwood you sure do know how to make a girl cry:-) Thank you Thank you, yes we did have our surgery around the same time and its rough as ever for me, I'm just not use to worrying about myself I'm use to worrying about others :-( I guess that I'm going to have start today so that I can get out of this feelings that I'm in:-( I'm sipping Water now sipping this is to funny Lol I'm being Sarcastic:-( I'm lightly drinking LOL that's more like it, I'm feeling much better and I'm walking around and I'm not going to let my work get in my way, I'm calling my Dr. this morning because I have to have a BM sorry for no being lady like but I'm backed up my brother LOL. Thank you again Creekwood you have been a Big help with me feeling a little better this morning:-)

Sent from Ladybug29 iPhone using LapBandTalk

I was banded on May 2, 2013 I know how you have been feeling. But it DOES get BETTER! I am with NO GAS PAIN and I am drinking lots of water! You have to heal! You have to take care of you first as a Mom I know it is hard to do this but if you can not take care of you then how can you take care of others? I hope all goes well at the Dr Office for you. I am sending you prayers and hugs from TX. Please let me know what they tell you.

We were banded in the same week and all your posts have been sooo helpful to me. A true inspiration. I hope that you find a sense of calmness in this storm. From what you've said above, you are a true and passionate person and are always reaching out to help others. Hopefully you will take the time to nurture yourself. Its okay to be selfish :) at least for a couple of weeks.

I am sipping and walking with you girlfriend! !! :)

It's not that I'm giving up I will NEVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF, I was working out 7 days a week 3 hours or more at gym and had started a Fitness Boot Camp drinking Water like a fish and now I'm not doing any of that, I just feeling like I should have waited I started this Lap Band journey in 2012 and things went pretty fast for me and I'm not feeling myself at all, just feeling really down:-(

Sent from Ladybug29 iPhone using LapBandTalk

Feeling down after surgery is normal. Being frustrated with a liquid diet is normal. Everything you're going through is normal. We all went through it and we all survived it and if you give yourself a chance so you will you.

But if you rush to have it removed only a week after surgery? Yes, that would be giving up and giving up before you even get started would be a bit ridiculous. Why waste all that money and go through this surgery for nothing?

Definitely talk to your doctor about how you're feeling- but don't give up. Give yourself a chance to heal and actually start your Lap Band journey before you do something as drastic as having it removed unnecessarily.

I went through all of this as well! Had so much gas and pain and on day 3 got nausea and 48 hours of vomiting! I hated myself for CHOOSING to do this to myself. I was so thirsty- dehydrated- liquids suck...and no BM! Was AWFUL! Walking helped a bit, but the gas pains didnt go away until around 7-10 days post op I think. I also FINALLY had a BM on 6 days post op! I too had joined a get fit challenge in january and was doing really well on it before surgery- and reconsidered surgery as my process went very quickly too. But, if I were capable of maintaining those principles on my own, I wouldnt have needed lap band to begin with. Somehow I was all about working hard for my "team" but cant do it for myself!

It will all pass- we all have gone through it and have felt the same. Its normal to be upset with yourself- but it will be ok! Let it work! <3

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I am so sorry that you are feeling disheartened... frustrated, etc. I know my first week post op was a big wow what the hell did I do to myself moments... anyhow, my surgeon and staff prepared me for every bit of discomfort and pain I would face... They also said you will not feel like drinking much but you can sip, sip, sip.. true enough I couldn't drink gallons of Water or anything but I sipped a little all the time. your body has undergone a shock, you will have to let it heal.. Milk of Mag worked like a charm on my Constipation and I felt like a new person once that was fixed.. Nurses and Doctors are not always the best patients and rarely worry about taking care of themselves as they do their patients. Remember this is your time and believe me this was the best thing I have ever done.. I tried every weight loss plan and even had a personal trainer nothing worked.. I feel confident that I will be successful this time..and you will be thanking yourself soon for getting the band.. Take care we are all here to offer support and advice.. There are some long time banders here who have way more knowledge than I do.. They have helped me along the way...

I was banded on the same day maybe same time. I had the worst night sleeping with the gas. I got home I felt horrible. By Saturday I was in tears. Sunday morning I got up walked around Sams got some fresh air and reminded myself why I made this decision. Today im okay. Pray about it and look at the long haul. This is the tough part. I hope you feel better