Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sorry! but i gotta another fill ? for you all

I am going in for my first fill appointment/checkup I live hours away so my Dr has let me do phone checkups s far but I am traveling out for my 4 week checkup. I am 3 weeks and 1 day right now...

What questions do they ask to determine if you need a fill or not?

I will do what ever they suggest is best but I'm curious what they will decide and thought some of you that have been through it might have some insight that I don't. :wub:

Just so you know I never am hungry and rarely have any appetite at all, I only occasionally have issues with head hunger but nothing that wins over my will power, my biggest problem is that with no hunger I don't care if I don't eat but when I explained my calories to the Dr he told me to up them so I have and I make myself eat, the problem now is that I should only eat until satisfied, but I can't tell when that is since when I started I was already satisfied... (FYI I never eat more than 3/4 of a cup and mostly less just to be safe)and I'm perfectly happy I don't judge my success by the Fluid in my band, and I do think there is a little in there he had put some in during the operation, oh yeah I also have plication.

So what do you guys think, do you think they'll want to put some in or ( I hope not) take some out?

I've been banded since mid January and have not had any fills. I track my food and stay around 1,000 calories daily to make sure I'm not over or undereating. I do get hungry but I am almost always satisfied after I eat and can usually keep the head hunger at bay as well. I've dropped 50 1/2 lbs including the 17 I lost pre-op. My doctor does not insist on a fill as long as I am doing well without one. They won't give you a fill against your wishes and it sounds like you don't need one so don't stress it.

doesn't sound like you need a fill you r in the green zone. Some do great without a fill and other like myself need it have full. Head hunger is gone with 4 cc but to eat less I need 6cc so good for you not to need to many fills...good luck

"Happy, NO hunger, satisfied on band sized portions"....hopefully, you tell them exactly that. They'll know exactly what to do....NOTHING! Congrats! You're gonna do great!

Hi line-dancer did you have 6cc and then have some taken out to 4cc I am just curious a to why go from 6cc to 4cc I hope I don't sound rude.

I am going in for my first fill appointment/checkup I live hours away so my Dr has let me do phone checkups s far but I am traveling out for my 4 week checkup. I am 3 weeks and 1 day right now...

What questions do they ask to determine if you need a fill or not?

I will do what ever they suggest is best but I'm curious what they will decide and thought some of you that have been through it might have some insight that I don't. :wub:

Just so you know I never am hungry and rarely have any appetite at all' date=' I only occasionally have issues with head hunger but nothing that wins over my will power, my biggest problem is that with no hunger I don't care if I don't eat but when I explained my calories to the Dr he told me to up them so I have and I make myself eat, the problem now is that I should only eat until satisfied, but I can't tell when that is since when I started I was already satisfied... (FYI I never eat more than 3/4 of a cup and mostly less just to be safe)and I'm perfectly happy I don't judge my success by the Fluid in my band, and I do think there is a little in there he had put some in during the operation, oh yeah I also have plication.

So what do you guys think, do you think they'll want to put some in or ( I hope not) take some out?[/quote']

Don't get a fill if you don't need one. If you are not hungry, you don't need one. I was the same way. I am at goal after 14 months and only had one fill. Down 156 pounds. My nut always said don't eat unless you are hungry. Your body will tell you to at, not your head. It took me about six months to get out of the habit of eating because I thought I should, then I finally woke up and only ate when hungry. It was two meals a day and one snack for about 500-600 calories. Now I am at 700-800 while at goal. I do exercise 1 to 1 1/2 hours each day. Great job! Keep going. Tell your doctor you will see him at your next appt and decide then if you need a fill!

Don't get a fill if you don't need one. If you are not hungry, you don't need one. I was the same way. I am at goal after 14 months and only had one fill. Down 156 pounds. My nut always said don't eat unless you are hungry. Your body will tell you to at, not your head. It took me about six months to get out of the habit of eating because I thought I should, then I finally woke up and only ate when hungry. It was two meals a day and one snack for about 500-600 calories. Now I am at 700-800 while at goal. I do exercise 1 to 1 1/2 hours each day. Great job! Keep going. Tell your doctor you will see him at your next appt and decide then if you need a fill!

My Dr. said my body would go into starvation mode and I would stop losing weight, at first she said to eat 1200 calories and I couldn't get in more than about 600. then she said to up it to 1200-1500 :o what...no way, I do try to get as close to a thousand as possible but usually only get around 800, but would be perfectly fine not getting quite so much. I'm glad you've been so succesful I hope I am as well!! Thankyou so much for your advise :)

It is amazing how different each physician is. Mine has never given me a calorie count. Just said eat healthy and only when hungry. Wanted me to go off the Protein Shakes when I could as real food is better for the band once you are healed. Please do what your dr says. I was 330 pounds, so I am sure that made a difference too! Just don't get fills if you can't eat as much as they want you to!

It is amazing how different each physician is. Mine has never given me a calorie count. Just said eat healthy and only when hungry. Wanted me to go off the Protein Shakes when I could as real food is better for the band once you are healed. Please do what your dr says. I was 330 pounds' date=' so I am sure that made a difference too! Just don't get fills if you can't eat as much as they want you to![/quote']

My doctor said the same to me ... No calorie counting, eat smart and healthy and off Protein shakes unless it's after a fill that night. Well at least 2 doctors are similar lol