Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yea I'm only about half way through day one, staying positive but I'm looking forward to my 3 oz chicken tonight! Lol

I would kill for 3 oz of chicken been all Soup for me for a week now! BTW that is one cup of hearty soup. I want some food. LOL Big day is just 3 days away!

Yea I'm only about half way through day one, staying positive but I'm looking forward to my 3 oz chicken tonight! Lol

You can do it! I'm on day 8 of 14, it's tough but worth it! Congrats on being able to eat chicken! I finally got permission from my dietician to eat chicken w/ a vegetable today for the first time. I can't wait for dinner!!

wow, I guess I have been lucky! I have shakes (usually Boost, or Ensure) for Breakfast and lunch and then 4 oz of lean meat with all the vegies I want for dinner. I am allowed to have 10 carrots or 1/2 cottage cheese for snack.

Then I LIVE on SF popsicles, Jello, and hard candy.< /p>

One week from today!! Can't wait!

I don't know how you guys are doing it with only liquids. Although I will say once my lunch Protein Shake kicked in I was feeling much better. I want to try doing all liquid one day but I've been moving all day so I need some energy if I'm gonna make it to the gym tonight!

wow' date=' I guess I have been lucky! I have shakes (usually Boost, or Ensure) for Breakfast and lunch and then 4 oz of lean meat with all the vegies I want for dinner. I am allowed to have 10 carrots or 1/2 cottage cheese for snack.< p>Then I LIVE on SF popsicles, Jello, and hard candy.< /p>

One week from today!! Can't wait![/quote']

I am on my 4th box of SF Popsicles! Lol

I definitely haven't had tons of energy. But, I've only been getting 6-700 calories a day, today ill be a little over 1,000 and I feel pretty good so far! I'm on liquids, but I do get 1 Protein Bar a day. It's the highlight of my day Lol

food Addiction!

I have to tell you that going through this pre-op diet, I have been able to recognize that I am a total food addict! It's my salve when things are rough. I've been having major stress this last week, at home having to put my 21 year old son into rehab because he got himself mixed up with things he shouldn't have…and there is lots and lots of STRESS!!!

The biggest part of the stress was that I could not turn to my go to comfort. FOOD. I felt like I was going crazy talking to myself about it. Literally having a conversation with myself in my head!

Saturday afternoon I stopped to get him some food on the way to the Dr. and I was good in the drive through, I was great at the order window those food displays I hardly noticed them, and even at the pay window I was good! When he opened that bag and scarfed a hand full of fries, I thought OK I'm ready to hurt ya kid if you eat one more fry in front of me! I'm going to knock you out of the moving car and scarf those fries myself!

Whoa!!!! Lisa what was that?! I was shocked at the powerful affect that had on me not just in that moment but for the rest of the day. I had been doing well on this pre-op diet. Protein shakes, non-fat yogurt, a small salad here and there and maybe some low fat low sodium Soup. After the fry episode, now I was ravenous, and I couldn't satisfy the urge to EAT food any FOOD all kinds of food! I spent the afternoon fighting with myself, forcing the Protein shake down hoping to be satisfied, I tried a non-fat no sugar pudding…Jell-O (yeah right!) but none of that was not enough to satisfy this unbearable craving to eat eat eat.

I realized then that I am a total food addict. I need it when I am stressed and there is so much going on in my world I turn to it for some kind of comfort. This time I had to not just battle but conquer it cause I don't want to screw up my surgery or postpone my date.

I grabbed some carrots, and some low fat French onion dip, and chomped on those I crunched and savored those baby carrots and dip chewed them so slowly they lost their flavor after a while and my craving subsided. I got a grip on myself, and made it through the weekend.

I'm sure that was only one of many times this is going to happen to me, but I know soon I will have the band as a tool to help me overcome it…but boy oh boy was this weekend a test!!!!!

6 more days!!

Lisa Caron

I don't know how you guys are doing it with only liquids. Although I will say once my lunch Protein shake kicked in I was feeling much better. I want to try doing all liquid one day but I've been moving all day so I need some energy if I'm gonna make it to the gym tonight!

Good for you going to the gym! Proud of you keep it up! Good inspiration!

@lisacaron I hear you, we have a lot in common! Aren't you the one who's husband is getting a band also? If so, you are LUCKY. I bought my husband one his favorite things which is dried peas with wasabi on them. He sat their crunching the things like they were the best things EVER. 3 times I asked him to please keep his mouth closed when chewing, I could hear him in the other room. Finally, yesterday afternoon...I lost it!, I told him I was going to "slap the **** out of him if he doesn't chew those things with his mouth closed" NOW, that is totally out of character for me, so he just closed his mouth and didn't say a word. It was really rather funny.

However, my problem is the man is 5'6" and weighs 146 pounds. For all of our marriage he has been smaller than me and able to eat whatever he wants.

I hate him ;-)

@lisacaron I hear you, we have a lot in common! Aren't you the one who's husband is getting a band also? If so, you are LUCKY. I bought my husband one his favorite things which is dried peas with wasabi on them. He sat their crunching the things like they were the best things EVER. 3 times I asked him to please keep his mouth closed when chewing, I could hear him in the other room. Finally, yesterday afternoon...I lost it!, I told him I was going to "slap the **** out of him if he doesn't chew those things with his mouth closed" NOW, that is totally out of character for me, so he just closed his mouth and didn't say a word. It was really rather funny.

However, my problem is the man is 5'6" and weighs 146 pounds. For all of our marriage he has been smaller than me and able to eat whatever he wants.

I hate him ;-)

Hi Yes that's me! The hubby is doing great and very supportive. It's me and him against the world! We have 5 boys age range from 25-18 so that statement is pretty true!

I will tell you, we had to purchase a mini refrigerator with freezer top to keep in our locked bedroom so we could avoid the problems of who ate all the yogurt, Jell-O, and ice pops! Only our 18 year old "fit" kid who is about 5'6" and weighs about 130 pounds soaking wet is into the Protein Shakes so he can "muscle up" (There is not an ounce of fat on that childs body!)

I totally understand your pain! Right now we are not cooking in the house at all, they are eating anything we can purchase that has a lid and is in a bag they take down stairs to the family room and dine on. Half the time I have to say "take that down stairs PLEASE" how many times do I have to beg???? I mean ask??? :) They look at me like What…what did we do? I don't want to smell it I say and they look at me as if I have grown two extra heads as they scurry away with their bags of food as if they don't get away fast enough the three headed Momster is going to tackle them and devour not just their bag of food, one day my step son moved so fast, I had to look in the mirror to make sure I didn't turn green and sprout some fangs or something.

Hey fellow banders! After my initial clinic went bankrupt (CIBO) before my surgery date of May 13... Upon recommendation, I went to SWLC for a consult and just submitted my deposit for a new surgery date of May 24! So excited too finally be doing something for myself!

I'm being banded tomorrow at 10:15!! In 12 hours I'll be getting banded!!

I'm being banded tomorrow at 10:15!! In 12 hours I'll be getting banded!!

Good luck! I go in at 8:30 so 10:00 is probably my surgery time. Let us know how it goes!

I'm with u Creekwood! We're gonna do great