Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Booked! Now scared and excited all at the same time

"Do you mind if I ask what clinic you are having your lap band at? I'm in Ontario as well and considering CIBO but recently got news of reduced hours at work, both my husband and I work at same place, so now kinda afraid to spend the $18000 and not sure that I can miss the time for follow up appts. Im also located approx 2 hours away and dont drive in Toronto so both of us would have to miss time. I was hoping to have surgery during my week of shutdown vacation time so that's not really an issue.

Good luck with your pre op diet and surgery."

Hey Mugs- I am booked into the Surgical Weight Loss centre in Mississauga. Dr Cobourn called me on Monday to chat. Wow, I have never met a more personable doctor! He was so easy to talk to. It really set my mind at ease. All his support staff have also been equally wonderful. I had researched and narrowed it down to SWL and Credit Valley. The reviews for Dr. Cobourn is what swayed me. Good luck! I hope you are able to have this done during your vacation time!

p.s. bought a new chapstick last night to take with me! I just hope I remember where I put it in two weeks time. :P

Thanks everyone for your support, advice, and sharing a bit of yourself. I find it so valuable.

Yay! I have my band date....April 12. I get so frustrated when people tell me that I am making a mistake because I can do it on my own. If I could do it on my own I would have. I am extremely happy to be moving forward with this surgery and look forward to reaching my goal weight! I need to lose 80 lbs.

Yay! I have my band date....April 12. I get so frustrated when people tell me that I am making a mistake because I can do it on my own. If I could do it on my own I would have. I am extremely happy to be moving forward with this surgery and look forward to reaching my goal weight! I need to lose 80 lbs.

I hate it when people tell me that too! I have been struggling with weight for so long and I always lose some then gain it all back plus more. I wish I would have done this surgery about 2 years ago when I first wanted to. Only 2 more weeks to wait!! I'm ready!

Congrats Mandy!!! I'm excited for u . I can only imagine how you much feel right now having your date ! You can do this!!! The new you!

Thanks everyone! Wow, this is very supportive and inspirational! First shake down this morning, 62 more to go :lol: :lol: :lol: (2 weeks pre-op and 1 week post-op).

I am not sure about the taste (chocolate Slim Time) but I have had worse. Throwing some Benefibre into my morning and evening shake to keep up the fibre. I am so excited to see this though!

Happy Friday!!

I brewed a cup of Decaf coffee and put it in the blender with 8 oz of milk and a cup of ice and blended it up then I poured 8 oz of that mixture into my shaker bottle and added one scoop of Unjury chocolate Splendor. It was really good. I just refrigerated the left over coffee mixture for my afternoon shake. :) I like Unjury Protein Powder the best so far.

They tell me the same thing!

Yesterday my husband and I attended a get-together we have in our community every Friday night. At only 3 days post-op I sit carefully, don't laugh fully (omg does THAT hurt!), and I had not told anyone in the group about my surgery. When it came out last night there were varying degrees of acceptance and two very verbal comments that I could have done this on my own, that surgery was "silly." Both were from women who are more than 100 lbs overweight. I do not take their criticisms to heart. I know I am doing something wonderful for my health and for ME. I also know they are both just jealous that one of the 'fatties' is doing something about her weight and that makes them uncomfortable in their own skin. Oh well! I don't preach this as the answer for everyone, I simply stated this is the solution for me. I know they will watch me closely, hoping I will fail. Not gonna happen, that is not an option. Success is the best revenge. :)

Yesterday my husband and I attended a get-together we have in our community every Friday night. At only 3 days post-op I sit carefully' date=' don't laugh fully (omg does THAT hurt!), and I had not told anyone in the group about my surgery. When it came out last night there were varying degrees of acceptance and two very verbal comments that I could have done this on my own, that surgery was "silly." Both were from women who are more than 100 lbs overweight. I do not take their criticisms to heart. I know I am doing something wonderful for my health and for ME. I also know they are both just jealous that one of the 'fatties' is doing something about her weight and that makes them uncomfortable in their own skin. Oh well! I don't preach this as the answer for everyone, I simply stated this is the solution for me. I know they will watch me closely, hoping I will fail. Not gonna happen, that is not an option. Success is the best revenge. :)[/quote']

Yeah! You go, good luck! !

Hey, I am booked with Dr Coburn at the SWLC as well. I thought he was awesome when I met him too. I go for surgery May 8th. Good luck to you.

If you haven't already, try out your post op foods (protein drinks, etc) now so you find things you like and have those on hand during your recovery.

THAT is excellent advice! I did that for a few weeks before my surgery date. I don't like those fruity energy/vitamin drinks so I knew I was going to struggle to find something I liked. Glad I did the research before I was restricted to a limited intake. Made all the difference, I think, having what I could tolerate right here.

Good luck. You'll do fine!