Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what should I take to the hospital

I was there for such a short period of time I really didnt take anything with me except my glasses. I also put a pillow and a blanket in my husbands car for the ride home. I wore sweatpants and a zip up jacket and slip on tennis shoes. I wasn't in the hospital over 8 hours. The more you take, the more you have to worry about grabbing before you leave!

Honestly, I was in and out so fast that I didn't use ANY of the stuff I brought! Unless of course you are staying overnight? I would bring a pillow to hold onto for the ride home, that really helped with the bumps on the road! I do recommend having the gas-x strips for when you get home as well as some chewable or liquid gravol, but as for bringing it with you, my clinic gave me one as soon as I was awake enough to swallow it. The one thing I do wish I had brought was a bottle of Water to sip on or swish around in my mouth for the ride home because my mouth was so dry. I hope this helps, good luck :)

For me as well, my hospital stay was a mere few hours so I didn't really need much. Maybe bring a comfy pair of slippers for when they make you walk around after surgery

I agree with others, I didn't bring anything unless you are staying overnight. I did however wish I had brought a bottle of Water for the ride home but they sent me with the little pitcher of crushed ice and a cup to crunch on, on the way home which was good cause I was so thirsty. You will neet the Gas X for home and the heating pad. I wore slip on shoes and lounge pants and a tee, something comfy. Good luck.

chap stick and easy on/off clothes and bring with you and a I got this attitude. congrats on your up and coming surgery

Do you need to remove all nail polish before surgery? I heard that somewhere.

If you're staying overnight, I'd bring a robe. Those hospital gowns are notorious for giving a free show of your bottom and they will make you get up and walk around regularly.

A robe will assure you don't give anyone a peek of your bum :)

If you're staying overnight' date=' I'd bring a robe. Those hospital gowns are notorious for giving a free show of your bottom and they will make you get up and walk around regularly.

A robe will assure you don't give anyone a peek of your bum :)[/quote']

Great advice

Do you need to remove all nail polish before surgery? I heard that somewhere.

my dr said no but preferred clear nail on fingers (dont know why)

i had my tips colored pink....you can ask to make sure.

I have a colored gel overlay on my nails. I had to have one removed. They told me it was because of the oxygen sensor they stick on your finger and also if they saw my nail bed turning blue big warning sign for lack of oxygen. So I had to take the pesky thing off.