Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looks like I may have to pay out of pocket...

Well, once again I have been kicked around by the insurance company. After being advised by my benefits coordinator and several others at work that we are covered for banding now I find the information the says it's excluded.

I am beyond frustrated with the insurance company and I'm starting to look into paying for my band myself. I don't know what to do anymore. I need to take care of myself but unfortunately paying over 10k for this seems a little out of the question right now.

Frustrating!

I'm in the same boat and also frustrated :( I applied for care credit and they approved 6800 (I need 12000)....I have the cash for the rest but I'm scared of care credit and their high interest rates...so disappointed :(

Did you actually ask the insurance company? I would not rely on your office or what you read and call them for further clarification. Perhaps they may cover it if there are outlying comorbities (high blood pressure, sleep apnea, etc..).

Best wishes to you.

Apparently when my work changed plans not to long ago they excluded it. Then to make things worse my local doctor wants to charge me 21k to get it done here.

I am beyond frustrated with the whole thing and Care Credit will not approve me past the 1500 (paid off) limit I currently have. Ugh, I am just ready to throw in the towel I've been battling with getting this done for almost 2 years and instead of me getting excited about it I'm just falling deeper into a depression...

21k???? That seems ridiculous to me unless it includes free follow up care for the rest of your life! Here in the PacNW, I paid 10,250 which included up to 24 hours in the hospital (checked in at 9, out around 4:30, but could have stayed til 9 the next morning), the surgery, and the first 3 months of follow up with fills. Now my fills are a bit pricey, but I can deal with that because I know once I get to the green zone they will be few and far between. The only other money I had to pay was for my per-surgery psych evaluation (~$400). Your 21k quote sound a bit silly. If I were you, I'd do some shopping around!

I was self pay, and while your quote seems a bit high, I have never regretted the surgery for a moment. It is the best gift you can can ever give yourself... to be well and healthy! Good Luck!

I was self pay too and paid 9000.That includes 3 fills with flouro. Then they charge for 200 per fill after.

Mine was $17,500. I worked 3 jobs to save up the money....well worth every penny and lack of sleep! Good luck and don't give up!!!

I am looking around for other options. I keep running across one in Cincinnati all inclusive for 13k including fills.

I am also looking into getting a second job to help finance my journey.

I am looking around for other options. I keep running across one in Cincinnati all inclusive for 13k including fills.

I am also looking into getting a second job to help finance my journey.

I was told $20k at my hospital in Mass.

I keep hearing. There is a center in Texas that is 9999.

I do not know what they do about ongoing care.

I was quoted 12,200 plus 400 for stress test and 120 for nutritionist. That price includes all dr apts and fills for one year

Shopping around is not a bad idea, especially if you live in or near a major metropolitan area. Here in the Portland metro area, there are at least two centers of excellence to choose from. You don't want to be so far from your surgeon that you have trouble making follow up appointments, but based on the posts here, it sounds like prices can vary widely. Your health is a vital decision to make, but there's no reason to pay more than necessary. Good luck!