Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok.....i will post up some pics soon.....when i work out how to do it:)

yay! I really want to see them.

I am so nervous about hearing if i was approved or not. i shouldn't be this nervous, but i am. :grouphug:

I would be so interested, as well. I HATE the apron! No matter how much I lose, I still have it hanging. After years of being overweight (up and down) and having twins, I want it gone!

I think I will google it now...

I just got my apron surgery date for Mexico!! I am going in July 7th! OMG! I am so excited. I do have to delay my lapband (again) but I know that this will make losing so much easier and quicker!! And the boost to my self esteem will help get my fat butt into the gym! YAY!

some of these on the site are tummy tucks though, and should not be confused with the same thing. you might also find that insurance is more willing to pay for it if it is noted to not be a Tummy Tuck, but purely a skin removal and fat removal surgery. if you go for a full tummy tuck they will more than likely deny it.

Hi Amy!

Where are you having your apron surgery in Mexico, what's the cost and did your insurance cover it? Sorry with all the questions but I think my tummy will cause me problems later too. I'm going to wait for the cosmetic surgery until I've lost the weight but I can completely understand what you're saying. I got a pilates cd and can't do half the stuff because my stomach is all in the way!

I haven't had the band placed yet either and am hoping for a date in July - we'll see...? I'm going to Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey. A friend of mine went there just a few weeks ago and was extremely pleased with the facility and personnel.

Good luck to you!

Andy Liz

I am going to Monterrey, MX for my apron surgery. the cost is $4200. But insurance is not covering it. They feel that it is considered weight loss surgery.

I know what you mean about pilates. I do them everyday, and it is tough. I also have to take breaks from working ut during the week because i have to heel from heat rashes. it is awful! And ever since my csection for my son i have lost most of my feeling from my pubic bone up to my belly button, so I don't know if have a rash or not, and it gets worse and worse without me knowing it. This surgery will eliminate all of that hopefully!! I am so excited!

Amy, Run, don't walk to your doctor! The numbness and any rashes, yeast or just a good old fashion intergo (friction rash) documented in records along with a letter from your doc could be the push your insurance company needs. I'm not against your having the apron removal before the band, but no one has unlimited funds and if you can get the ins. to pay for it then you will have more money for tt and lift when you reach goal.

i had a Tummy Tuck done not apron surgery.....so i dont know if u still want me to post up my pics.....as its a different thing:confused:

I had a couple abdominal surgeries and know what you mean about the numbness. That stinks! I'm with Tamryn though, with your continual skin problems you'd think insurance would cover it - worth a try! However you go about having the procedure done - best of luck and keep us posted on your results!

I have already documented it for the ins company, and they have turned me down, twice. no worries. we can afford this cause of the new budget we set up. dh is intent on having me get all the stuff i want and need for the weight loss before anything else is bought for the family or home.

fee, no please, do show your pics! There is a chance that i will have abdominal musclework done as well, but we aren't counting on it. he is going to see what things are like when he opens me up. I def want to see pics though!!!

Ok...not to be a downer, but just so you know. I had the panniculectomy (apron removal) along with the rectus muscle repair (tummy tuck part) about a year and a half ago. I was MO at the time. Surgery went well, but I developed an infection that would NOT resolve and about about a week post-op was readmitted to the hospital for ANOTHER TEN DAYS of IV antibiotic therapy. THEN it resolved.

However...it was a teaching hospital. And the supervising PS (from UC Irvine in California) was having a discussion with the "fellow" (he had finished his internship and residency) who actually performed my surgery. It went something like:

Supervisor: So, Kev. Do you know the complication rate on an abdominoplasty (essentially what I had) on a morbidly obese patient?

Fellow: Uh...75%?

Supervisor: No. 100%. If you perform an abdominoplasty on a morbidly obese patient there WILL BE a complication.

Me: You guys might have MENTIONED this in advance.

Fellow: Now that I know, I WILL mention it in advance. Want another Tummy Tuck?

So, I do NOT want to rain on your parade and I have had surgery in Monterrey and I LOVED my surgeon and the hospital was great and all that...and those are US stats, not Mexican stats...but, just so you know that it is apparently NOT as simple before we lose the weight.

That said, Dr. Fobi (of the "Fobi Pouch") routinely performs the panniculectomy at the time of the bypass procedure and I have a friend who went to him and had it done with him and I don't recall what--if any--complications SHE had.

Good luck...and it IS easier to move without that mess. And I will need it tweaked when I finish with my DS-related weight loss, but I don't care.

Sue

when i had consulted with PS in the area I asked about the complications, and risks and the rate that they happen. I did not ever get the 100% quote (across 4 different surgeons) but I did get the "complications arise in men and women who are severely obese and have comorbidities such as diabetes and high blood pressue that would slow healing time" speeches. I was also told by all of them that I am in perfect shape for the surgery. My skin is in good shape, I am in good shape. As my PCP says, "You are as healthy as a horse! You are just as big as one, too." LOL Sue, I agree that fat people have a harder time healing. Complications are always lurking. We can just try to up the odds in our favor. I have the good fortune of having good circulation, a pretty good immune system, and am in pretty good shape for my size.

Hi Everyone!

I've got my band date set for July 13th with Dr. Rumbaut. I'm very excited!!!! Now just to shop around for cheap airfares - it seems they've gone up $200 since I last looked for them a few months ago, crap! I've tried 10 different sites that offer cheap tickets (including CheapTickets.com) and there's not much difference between them. Oh well, I'll make it work.

I'll be very anxious to hear about your trip and to see pictures of your results. Best of luck to you and I'll be sending lots of prayers and happy thoughts your way.

Andy Liz