Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So - what's your status?

What's your status?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What's your status?

• happily single
    • single, but keeping my eyes open
    • in a long term relationship (not married)
    • engaged
    • married
    • separated
    • divorced

After a very bad ten year marriage, I swore to never date or get married again. My husband now of eleven years had to sneak up on me to catch me. We worked together for four years and become best friends...next thing I know I was in LOVE! It was rocky at first and we even broke up for a year, but we were obviously meant for each other. Despite my being scared to death to get married again, we married September 17, 1994. I didn't calm down for two years, but after that everything was great. Now each day just gets better and better. He truly treats me like a Queen, and I admit he spoils me rotten. He has loved me through thick and thin with my yoyo dieting and bouts of depression. I thank God every day for my wonderful husband!

I got married the first time one month after I turned 18. We were married for 12 years before he started cheating on me with my best friend (obviously, no longer friends now). At first, I thought my life was over and it was the worse thing to ever happen to me. Turns out I was wrong, it was the best thing to ever happen to me. I married the most wonderful man in the world in 1999. We are best friends, soulmates, ets. No one has ever made me happier in my life, and he is my biggest supporter. He has only known me as a large person, I can't wait to show him a new and improved me.

You are all disillusioned.

I have the BEST HUSBAND in the world!!

So here, all of you take your trophy...:confused:

I am married for 13.5 years( and 90 lbs ), and I am so glad to see so many people happy...married, single, and anywhere in between.

Tricia---great pics!!

Wheetsin---you must get us some closer ups, but WOW, what a beautiful setting for a wedding!!

LOL....thanks, #1!!

I'm happily married. It is my second marriage. This one is a keeper!

BTW Eileen aka NJChick-I just love what you did with your hair in your wedding picture! I take it you are the one being held?

LOL!!!!!

I have been happily married for 2 years now, although we dated for 6 years before getting married. I can't imagine my life with out him, and I have always been big, so like some others I can't wait to show him the new me. We actually didn't have a wedding (I wish we did but because of distance constraints and money we didn't) but my family did give us a cruise for a honeymoon and it was great! Here are a few photos.

Hugo looks kinda funny in this one because hes faking a smile...:biggrin1:

post-206234-13813133383852_thumb.jpg

These 2 were taken on the cruise ship

post-204312-13813133383345_thumb.jpg post-206234-1381313338359_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133136046_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133136276_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133136547_thumb.jpg

I'm another one who won big the SECOND time around. My first, brief marriage served to teach me that I'm worth so much more and there is nothing to be gained by "settling" for just any ol' husband.

I was also married in the dark ages, so I have no digital images to share either. But looking at yours all makes me want to get married again! Our 11th anniversary is coming up in June; I can hardly believe it.

Aren't weddings wonderful?

uuuhhhh...too many married folks!! LOL.....

single...not loving it..... :confused:

im ready to find my prince charming!!!

Tricia love your dress, you look gorgeous!

I am extremely, over the top, head over heels, knock your socks off in love with my husband. We have been together since I was 16, he was 19. Just best friends at that point. Then when I turned 18 he gave me a necklace for my birthday. It was the only gift I got that year, and it was perfect. I haven't taken it off since. We fell in love around that time, and got married on December 4th, 1999. Counting all the time together, it adds up to 13 years together. He is still my best friend. He is also my partner in crime, confident, joker, and all around protector. He's the best dad in the world to our two kids, and the most supportive and loving husband I could have ever wished for.

image.php?u=5082&dateline=1136491314&type=profile

Wow, I'm surprised how many are married!

For all of you who are happily married, I didn't mean to leave you out. I just added the "happily" in front of single to distinguish between those who are single and like being single vs those who are single but looking for someone.

uuuhhhh...too many married folks!! LOL.....

single...not loving it..... :confused:

im ready to find my prince charming!!!

Tricia love your dress, you look gorgeous!

Thanks, Cynthia. Your prince charming will show up when you least expect it. That's what happened with me.

By the way, the dress is from David's Bridal (http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=1204&prodgroup=134) and, even though I was wearing a size 22/24 back then, the dress is actually a size 18. Their size 22 was too big!! The saleswoman left the dressing room saying she was going to look for a size 20, came back with the 18...I laughed, of course....anyway, I joked and said "If this size 18 fits, I'm buying it!!" I had already loved the dress and planned on buying it anyway, but that gave me even more incentive. Back then though, they only sold the dress with the ivory accent color...now, they have multiple color choices.

Very, very, very happily married to the best guy. He has been there for me through all my ups and downs with my weight, depression, ect. He is my biggest fan and is very excited for me to get banded. I kissed more than my share of frogs before I found my tattoo'd prince!

:confused:

Karen ~ You pic doesn't show up. :phanvan Try using the paper clip on the top of your screen when you use "Go Advanced".

I love seeing all of your pics....you are all beautiful with some good looking men to boot!! Thanks for starting this thread!! I think it's great!! :biggrin1:

I met my husband in July 2004 on yahoo personals and married my soulmate on Dec. 18, 2004. We were the first couple to marry in front of our state's christmas tree in front of the state capital building in Lansing, Michigan. We were on the news and everything. I threw this wedding together in 3 weeks. My husband had gotten an infection and had to be hospitalized for 2 days in November and it made me realize how much I truly love him so I called him on my way to work and said "lets get married" and he said "What???" and I said "lets do it" and he thought I was kidding.. when he realized I was serious he said "YEAH!!!!" so we started planning right then and it was beautiful and amazing. It snowed softly during the ceremony and I felt like a snow princess! We're very proud of our wedding and look back at the pictures often. He loves me more then any man ever has and I love him right back! awwww!!!

post-206220-138131331647_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813133165052_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813133165346_thumb.jpg