Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to het cold feet'

Ok so I am 100% sure I want to lose this weight I went through the insurance process and got denied. It was devastating to me and so I started researching insurance when my jib announced we were awaiting insurances well I'm now covered only at 50% but I has saved that much. I've notice now that I'm getting my pre-op testing that I'm getting scared nervous etc. I've had 2 major surgeries in my life so it's not that. I can't pin point what it is. Change maybe? Did anyone else go through this doubt? I'm getting my esophageal gram tomorrow. ;-(

Hi there, think most of us go through it. I surely did. I had some great advice given to me from this forum.

One person used a shovel analogy, try to look at my wall, to see it. One person said it was buyers remorse.

Unlike you, my husband I had to take a 5 year loan to pay for it out of pocket 100 percent.

I handed the lady at the CIBO clinic my bank draft, and said "there goes my finished basement". My husband replied, "here comes your new life"

Good Luck!

I certainly went through the fear and anxiety, it was after my surgery. for me i think it was fear of change, but also the fear of failure. i was lucky about the insurance though(i think it is because of how overweight i am). but you hear about people getting denied their first time. i'd say apply again if need be. but i think if you get the surgery u will be so glad you did despite the fear you are going through.

i really hope everything works out for you!

im rooting for you! i prolly spelled that wrong.. sorry! :)

First, is it typical they only cover this procedure at 50% or is it that they are only covering you (for whatever reason) at 50%? If you don't know, please contact your insurance to get clear answers. Also, do you have a medical flex spending account at work? If you are having the surgery this year, it's probably too late to set it up but if you have it next year, you could designate the amount for the surgery to be taken out so you get the tax break (which could make a big difference).

It is quite normal to be nervous... I think most of us go through it. Let's face it, we have all succeeded and failed at dieting and don't want this to be a major failure. Furthermore, this is a HUGE life-altering experience. It isn't just about food but about a whole lifestyle change and a change in our relationship with food. Many of us have to face our emotions head on since we cannot comfort ourselves w/ food any longer and will be eating for our health. I have had my ups and downs and days where I really wanted to cry because I missed my relationship with food. Now, 6 months out, it is soooo much easier. I don't miss/crave foods like I used to. My blood pressure has gone down, my sleep apnea improved, my stamina and mobility much improved... I don't regret it for one minute. It isn't easy and we still have to do the work and put forth the effort but it is something I couldn't do on my own before.

Hang in there!!! Come here for support. You will find a lot of great people here to help you through it.

Ok so I am 100% sure I want to lose this weight I went through the insurance process and got denied. It was devastating to me and so I started researching insurance when my jib announced we were awaiting insurances well I'm now covered only at 50% but I has saved that much. I've notice now that I'm getting my pre-op testing that I'm getting scared nervous etc. I've had 2 major surgeries in my life so it's not that. I can't pin point what it is. Change maybe? Did anyone else go through this doubt? I'm getting my esophageal gram tomorrow. ;-(

Sweetie... i think most all of us had doubts about one thing or another with this surgery. Whether to get the surgery, What if i die in surgery...what if i fail at this too... what if the band has problems... what if i can't follow the rules.... What if what if what if.... This is all normal. But, all surgery has risks. And if you do as your doctor say and you are fully committed to this ENTIRE process... You will succeed.....

and the insurance thing...... Better to pay 50% than 100%... to have the results and the health i have now, i would have paid 100%. ....so good luck.

You are scared and for good reason. Its a drastic decision. For me it was the last resort.... my life hinged on making this work.

You are giving up eating as you have known it. I equate it to moving to another country.... you have to learn a new language, a new culture, new foods, basically a new way to live. However the good things is that with the band... the only thing that changes is the way you eat. Your job, friends, family and familar surroundings dont change.

Personally I wasnt nervous... I was too excited to be! But everyone is different and take all the time you need to embrace it. Its a journey not a weekend getaway.

Hi there' date=' think most of us go through it. I surely did. I had some great advice given to me from this forum.

One person used a shovel analogy, try to look at my wall, to see it. One person said it was buyers remorse.

Unlike you, my husband I had to take a 5 year loan to pay for it out of pocket 100 percent.

I handed the lady at the CIBO clinic my bank draft, and said "there goes my finished basement". My husband replied, "here comes your new life"

Good Luck!

[/quote']

Thank u! I like that apology!!!!!! I do keep saying to myself that I could be buying a new car with this money but your right! This is my new life too ;-)

Thank u! I like that apology!!!!!! I do keep saying to myself that I could be buying a new car with this money but your right! This is my new life too ;-)

Not apology lol analogy

Thank you all for the support and advise. I am on my way to a better life. I get my esophageal gram tomorrow and then I just have to get the psych consult! I'm so nervous!!! But your advise have given me the push I needed. I can't wait until I can yell I'm banded!!! Lol I will fill part of the family

First' date=' is it typical they only cover this procedure at 50% or is it that they are only covering you (for whatever reason) at 50%? If you don't know, please contact your insurance to get clear answers. Also, do you have a medical flex spending account at work? If you are having the surgery this year, it's probably too late to set it up but if you have it next year, you could designate the amount for the surgery to be taken out so you get the tax break (which could make a big difference).

It is quite normal to be nervous... I think most of us go through it. Let's face it, we have all succeeded and failed at dieting and don't want this to be a major failure. Furthermore, this is a HUGE life-altering experience. It isn't just about food but about a whole lifestyle change and a change in our relationship with food. Many of us have to face our emotions head on since we cannot comfort ourselves w/ food any longer and will be eating for our health. I have had my ups and downs and days where I really wanted to cry because I missed my relationship with food. Now, 6 months out, it is soooo much easier. I don't miss/crave foods like I used to. My blood pressure has gone down, my sleep apnea improved, my stamina and mobility much improved... I don't regret it for one minute. It isn't easy and we still have to do the work and put forth the effort but it is something I couldn't do on my own before.

Hang in there!!! Come here for support. You will find a lot of great people here to help you through it.[/quote']

Yes my insurance typically only cover 50% the only plans only covered 20% and that's with a 6 mo diet. Luckily for me my BMI waives the 6 mo diet Yayy!

You are scared and for good reason. Its a drastic decision. For me it was the last resort.... my life hinged on making this work.

You are giving up eating as you have known it. I equate it to moving to another country.... you have to learn a new language' date=' a new culture, new foods, basically a new way to live. However the good things is that with the band... the only thing that changes is the way you eat. Your job, friends, family and familar surroundings dont change.

Personally I wasnt nervous... I was too excited to be! But everyone is different and take all the time you need to embrace it. Its a journey not a weekend getaway.[/quote']

Yes! I have to keep that in mind! This is not a vacation getaway this is a life style