Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

food finds! what are you eatin and LOVIN?!?!

Paula Deen made a no sugar cookie, I just made some and they are pretty good and my hubby can eat them with his diabetes.

1 cup natural Peanut Butter

1 cup splenda

1 egg

vanilla

Mix ingredients, roll into small balls and place on baking sheet, mush in fork marks. Place in 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.

The come out slightly crispy and fluffy, so yummy!!!

I would think I could add protien powder to them next time.

tuna burgers have become my latest addiction. I fry them up with my green Beans ...

tuna, green and red peppers, onion, mayo, mustard and fry them up. The flavored tuna packets are really good with this.

I have fallen head over heels in love with yogurt! I didn't eat it pre-band, but now I eat it every day. I have tried the commercial brands, but I stick with the organic all-natural ingredients which do have a bit of fat and sugar in them. I figure that is probably better than the chemicals, corn starch, and dyes in the Dannons and Yoplaits even though those are good, too. I also like Weight Watcher yogurts.

I'm really grateful for my yogurt addiction because it's PLAIN that I love. Occasionally, I will have blueberry or strawberry, but some days I think I could subsist on plain yogurt. :)

Kelli

Lots of good ideas! :hungry: Lately I have been eating triscuit crackers with cheese melted on them, usually 4 at a time. So good! My nutritionist said they were good crackers for Fiber and would take longer to go through the band...and I love them!

I also found those Nature Valley sweet and salty granola type bars...peanut and almond varieties. They are so good! I use them for the times I want to cheat (but not too awful)! :P I guess it replaces my candy bar cravings! Except chocolate...then I give in and have one Hershey kiss or something and not even feel guilty! Notice I said "one" and not the whole bag!! :) Makes a difference!!

ETA--I forgot my favorite thing right now! Scrambled eggs with a little cheese mixed in and Oscar Meyer "real" bacon bits (not the hard ones). And the kids love it too! :mad: Yummy!

Kell

I LOVE Italian Ice and they sell a really colorful variety, Im not sure of the brand, but its the colorful ones in a blue box they are like 92 cals a piece (really about 88) and also Blue Bunny chocolate Ice Cream Pops, and Baked Doritos and Cheetos!

I love tuna patties. You take tuna, crushed cracker and egg and mix it all together. Press it out in to patties and cook it in a skillet with a tiny bit of oil. My mom brought me up with these. She'd also make it with salmon.

I also love scrambled eggs with cream cheese. This was another one of my mom's recipes. Every man I've dated has LOVED it. My husband loves it too. Just add a little bit of cream cheese just before you serve and mix it around so it gets on all the eggs.< /p>

Note - I do not eat much meat, so I have to be creative about getting in my protien.

Last night I made feta triangles by mixing low fat feta cheese, some lemon juice, and some pepper. I laid out phyllo and cut into strips. Then I put a tablespoon or two of feta on one end of the strip then folded over, and ended up with a folded flag shape. I brushed some with butter and others with butter flavor spray Pam. I put them in a 375 oven for 15 minutes, they were so good!! Also Calorie-counter.net said that phyllo is not too bad.

You can also fill with spinach & feta or mushrooms or meat.

A serving size is 2 and they fill me up and give me much needed energy!

730spanakopita.jpg

Whole Wheat bread, lightly toasted, with 2 Tbs FF Cream cheese, sliced/peeled cucumbers, and 3 ounces thin deli smoked turkey. OMGosh!!!! This is sooo yummy, less than 200 calories, good carbs, lotsa protien, super low fat. I have been eating at least 1/2 of one of these a day for the past week. yummmm.

right now im loving the jersey fresh tomatoes with a bit of basil and some fresh motzorella cheese, splash of olive oil! yummy

Banded 02/28/06

Dr. Noel Williams - Philadelphia, PA

244/205/150

Band size: VG Band

First fill - Sept 11 (coming up)

i love this thread! everytime i have to go to the store i sit here with a pen and post it and take a few notes for things to try!

today i am going to the 'organic' store so i am gonna buy some FRESH mozzarella and do some tomatoes, basil, olive oil and mozzerella! HEALTHY AND GOURMET!

kathy- i make those sandwiches for Snacks when people come over...you can cut them with a cookie cutter for a cool design! people really think you went through a lot of trouble and ir only takes a sec!

thanks everyone!!! keep them coming!

Laughing Cow Low Fat cheese. It comes in pre-measured triangles. 35 calories each. It is a great substitute for cream cheese and can be mixed with seasonings as a topping for chicken, potatoe, bread, or broiled on top of veggies. I like to saute mushrooms with garlic and a splash of white wine. Stir in a wedge or two of the Laughing Cow cheese and it is very satisfying.

Deviled eggs.

But instead of the usual, mayo, and relish, try different fillers.

My general mix is low fat mayo, and a little dijon mustard... then I'll make some of the following variations...

Add blue cheese and crumbled bacon

Add chopped black and green olives

Add chopped black or greek olives and feta cheese

Add canned shrimp

Add crab meat and goat cheese

Use your imagination. Don't think of the deviled egg as that stupid thing left out during holiday parties, use your imagination!!