Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I am starving

Day 2 almost complete and I am starving!!!!! Had 2 Protein Drinks and broth but my stomach is making some horrible noises...any suggestions

I am two days out as well and this is such a strange feeling. I'm hungry yet not? My stomach is making so many sounds and I can feel air under my ribs. Ouch!

Sounds don't always mean hunger. In the early days get your Water and Protein in and follow your doctor's instructions. If you truly are hungry call doctor for guidance.

Ear plugs?

I'm not making light of your discomfort. But many/most of us have gone through the pre-op diet discomfort. My LB nurse told me that it would make me appreciate my band more and she was right, I am a little over 2 weeks post op and I couldn't be happier.

You can do this, focus on the prize, prove to yourself that you will be able to make this tool work for you for the rest of your life, working through the discomfort of the pre op diet. The first couple of days are the hardest as your body detoxes from all the poisons you have been feeding it. All you have to do is get through this time and you will have a tool that will help you get what you want most, to be free from being controlled by food.

I'm on day 6 and its gotten sooo much easier. It's a strange feeling for sure, like my mind thinks I'm hungry because of my rumbly tummy, but I don't really feel hungry anymore. Just hang in there, I'm sure it'll get easier for you as well.

I'm on day 8 of my pre-op, and I feel ya. I'm hungry toooo.....BUT, to remind me I look at my dreaded fat pic, and vision myself skinny!

I not only had to give up food, but also my alcohol, I love my red wine! I'm doing this and so will you!

Good Luck, you have an entire world of support here.

Im on day one! Good luck to you. We will do this together!

I have been chewing sf gum all day every day. It helps me alot. I am on day 11. Doing okay. I also do not have to do an all liquid diet either. Mine has some food in it. So good luck. Not much longer!!! You got this!!!

My first 2 days post op were hard. I think I was confusing gas pain for hunger pain. i felt like i was starving but i had no appetite, if that makes sense. Try some gas -x it might help

Had surgery Tuesday 2/19. The first two days felt hungry but no appetite. Today Friday, gosh I was hungry. My mom made me some Soup and I was only drinking the liquids, but then I got some yams, mashed them and ate them. I was starving. I also ate some pieces of beef with the Soup broth. Gosh I felt way much better after that.

Try to eat something soft like yams, mash them w chicken broth, it worked forme.

Had surgery on the 19th also. Started feeling hungry today. Made a nice Protein Shake. whey powder, 8 oz. of 1% milk, crushed ice in a blender. Use vanilla, chocolate, strawberry flavored powder. About $18 for a two pound jug of it at Walmart. About 26 grams of Protein per scoop. Filled me up good. My son just made a meat loaf and I want to kill him! Smells so good! Going to bed! Good luck! This is a battle we must win!

Had surgery on the 19th also. Started feeling hungry today. Made a nice Protein shake. Whey powder, 8 oz. of 1% milk, crushed ice in a blender. Use vanilla, chocolate, strawberry flavored powder. About $18 for a two pound jug of it at Walmart. About 26 grams of Protein per scoop. Filled me up good. My son just made a meat loaf and I want to kill him! Smells so good! Going to bed! Good luck! This is a battle we must win!

I've gone to bed plenty of times just to not think about being hungry or wanting to eat!

Anyone could tell what Protein to buy. One that taste good. Someone recommended me HerbaLife Protein. Has anyone tried it?

I'm having the same problem w my mom. She is staying for couple of days and she keeps on cooking and cooking. It's hard to say no.

I found that the best tasting whey protein( for me) is by EAS. I get it cheapest at Target. I have both vanilla and chocolate and is love to find strawberry.

I make all kinds of delicious shakes with it! I always grind fresh nutmeg into all shakes, it gives them a great flavor.

Adding a few tablespoons of frozen orange juice to vanilla makes a creamsicle. Adding a cup of cooled Decaf coffee to chocolate , with a dash of vanilla extract makes a mocha latte type shake.

My dietician said add a little bit of any sugar-free Jello powder to flavor. I find the fruity ones tastes too sickly sweet though.