Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lean Cuisines and Frozen Meals

Does anyone have experience with frozen meals? I have been limited to a couple of Lean Cuisines since most frozen meals get stuck.

Does anyone have ideas on which ones work with the band and have a good amount of Protein?

Does anyone have experience with frozen meals? I have been limited to a couple of Lean Cuisines since most frozen meals get stuck.

Does anyone have ideas on which ones work with the band and have a good amount of Protein?

There are many good choices out there, high protein, good portion size, low calorie, etc.....

But for me...I stay away from them because I stay away from Pasta and rice...something these dinners seem to always have.....

But early on in my banded journey I used to have them all the time as a meal......

I eat lean cuisine probably twice a week when I don't feel like cooking. My favorite is macaroni and beef 250 calories and stuffed cabbage 210 calories. I myself don't count carbs so they make a low calorie dinner choice for me on occasion.

I would love to be able to eat those meals but I am diabetic and must count carbs.

i see nothing wrong with them sometimes but they are (high in sodium so care i feel must be took with them)..before my surgery and before i changed what i eat, i loved the mexican and pizza meals

I was at Meijers last night checking out frozen meals and I watch carbs like you and honestly I could not find anything that fit the bill, like B-52 said, most are rice or Pasta which jumps up the carbs. However, Atkins had 2 meals which are low carb, but the fat was like 25 for each of them. They looked good, but I also found them to be expensive, so I didn't buy them. They were about $5.00 each if you are interested, but the fat and price were a turn off for me, although they looked good. Maybe you can find a coupon on Atkins website because they are new.

I keep them on hand to bring to work for a lunch when i want a change if pace or times where I don't have time to prepare something. Because I don't use them often I don't worry too much about the nutritional values regarding carbs or sodium ... I just make sure they are under 300 calories. And I always drink more Water than usual to offset the sodium. The portions are normally too much as I usually can't finish them. I like lean cusine and the healthy choice brands.

Hummm, so it's not just, there just aren't a lot of good options. The main one I stick with it the Lean Cuisine Turkey and green Beans one (don't know the exact name), and the Lean Cuisine meatloaf and mash potatoes (add greek yogurt to the potatoes to add Protein and it tastes like sour cream). Both under 300 calories, but I am starting to get sick of them. And I also avoid the rice and Pasta based one.

I am not a huge cook, so I usually grab one of these or some sort of stew/chili I make over the weekend.

The hunt continues...thanks guys!

I eat Lean Cuisines a couple times a week for lunch. They are high in sodium and most are do have rice or Pasta, but I don't do the whole low carb thing (except when trying to break a plateau, then I carb cycle) so the carbs aren't an issue for me.

I also like the Smart Ones frozen dinners.

As far as which ones won't get stuck, unfortunately you'll have to do some trial and error to see which work specifically for you.

I don't eat frozen meals either but I used to like kashi and Amy's. I have a friend who loves the healthy choice steamers.