Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discomfort after fill

I had 1 cc added a week ago and I've already lost 13-14 lbs. It hurts to swallow and it even takes liquids a while to go down. I'm afraid if I have any of it removed I won't be able to tell I even did anything. But I'm starting to feel run down and dehydrated. What to do????

You definitely want to call your doctor's office. Feeling run down and dehydrated means your are starving your body of important nutrients. I haven't had a fill yet so I can't relate that way but I know about not getting enough nutrients. Just saying c:

I had 1 cc added a week ago and I've already lost 13-14 lbs. It hurts to swallow and it even takes liquids a while to go down. I'm afraid if I have any of it removed I won't be able to tell I even did anything. But I'm starting to feel run down and dehydrated. What to do????

Hi in my experience a 1cc fill is quite low but necessary at the start, are you swallowing too quickly? Even Water is hard if too quickly, try to ease liquids down by sipping until you get used to it, by that time swelling should disappear until the next fill, this is quite normal in my experience, but everybody is different hope this helps.

Back in December I had a 1 cc fill. I experienced exactly the same thing you mention. I managed to make it a week before I got back in to see the surgeon. He said the good news was that I had lost 10 pounds in one week, but the bad news was that I was starving my body to do it! He removed 1/2 cc and it made all the difference in the world! We are not supposed to be suffering, so do yourself a favor and call the doc! Life with the band is not supposed to be harmful, but we have to know the difference, and this is a learning experience. You will feel 100% better if the doc removes just a tad of the Fluid.< /p>