Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spouse/partner

Question about our significant others. How has your significant others made changes at home for you? Or do they? Are they overweight?

I'm wondering when I get banded how or if the eating habits of my significant other may reflect poorly on my diet.

my hub has been my rock during my whole process

he himself does not have a weight issue, but has lost about 10 pounds because

he is eating better food..he did not have a wls so i dont see how i could change his life because i did.....being supported is a wonderful thing. i could NOT have done as well as i have without him batting 100% for me (and my girls)..

just because he eats junk food, does not mean i have to, its about choices and want power.

My husband does not have a weight issue either but he has been great. He does not buy junk food or anything else to put in the house that may deter me from my diet.

My hubby doesn't have a weight problem and he stands behind my decision for WLS, but he likes his junk food and just b/c I've chosen to eat healthier, doesn't mean he should. We all have our choices and I choose to do whatever it takes to get healthy.

His junk food in the house really doesn't bother me, I have no desire to touch it.

It' all about what I WANT!

My husband is my hero. He has never had a weight problem but always wanted to eat more healthy so this has been a win-win situation. He has been beside me every step of the way (literally) and now has his cholesterol and blood pressure under control due to our new, much more active way of life together. Plus we have become even closer.

My husband doesn't have a weight issue. He stood behind me in my journey but didn't given up the foods he liked to eat. I still cooked his favorites and bought his chips and snack crap that he chooses to enjoy, I just made the choice not to eat any of it...

My DH has a weight issue, but not as significant as mine... until recently. Seems he eats whatever I don't finish and has gained a significant amount since I had surgery.

My husband is overweight..he is supportive of my new lifestyle, but I cook separate meals a lot, and I do buy Snacks that he and the kids eat and I have my drawer of snacks. He walks with me but is now having a hard time keeping up the pace lol.

My husband doesn't have a weight issue and he is behind me 100%...I still cook him and the kids their food and I have mine...I have 4 children (5 if you count hubby!), so there is some less than healthy food in the house and I'm not going to change that, I need to change me!

My boyfriend doesn't have a weight issue, heck if anything he's underweight, but he's 100% supportive of me. He's even offered to not snack at night while watching TV because he knows that's when it's hardest for me not to graze and fall into old habits.

However, I told him it's ok, eat whatever he wants. He understands I have certain "trigger foods" (like Peanut Butter cups) that I simply can't have in the house. I'm so thankful he doesn't bring trigger foods in the house, however, he still has his junk food that he enjoys. I wouldn't have it any other way, either. I'm the one who allowed myself to get grossly fat and have to have WLS not him. I don't expect him to give up what he enjoys eating.

Gosh, after reading everyone's positive comments I hesitate to add anything but here it goes. My husband is overweight, very. On one hand he is very supportive, on the other hand he can also work hard to undermine me, although he would deny that 100%. He had every reason under the sun for not going with me to any pre-op appointments or support groups. He will not read up on any information. He says he is being supportive, but he also comes home with all kinds of food I can't eat. Just this morning we got in an argument because he tried to insist I could eat hashbrowns with him. I know he is scared, but I was the thin when we got married 30 years ago. I lived his style and gained 100 pounds. I'm down 60 pounds, with 40 to go, just started running again, and have signed up for a 5K this spring. He is against it completely. He is really freaking because I'm going to parachute this summer also :) I just have to recognize that all that is his problem, not mine, and power on myself.

My husband is over six foot tall and slim, when I met him I weighed 130 pounds, he has never had a weight problem I did and I got obese all on my own. I also have an 18 year old son and 15 year old twins (male and female) , all are within a healthy weight range. I have always cooked good healthy meals, I just ate too much, they all still have their treats or junk food from time to time and none of it bothers me anymore because right now getting thinner and healthy is more important to me. I don't expect any of my family or friends to not eat what they like in front if me, I had/have the issue not them.

My husband and kids have all been supportive because they all saw how unhappy I was with my weight and even though I still have a way to go I am so much happier now. My daughter walks with me sometimes and my sons and husband cheer me on everyday.

I can now walk through a food court in a shopping centre and none of the food jumps out at me anymore and if the kids do get something I can sit with my Water while they eat and I don't even drool over the food. I had to make the changes not the others in my household as I was the glutton not them.

I'm very lucky my hubby supports me...he has never come to a appt with me....he is a lil over weight but has lost 30 on his own by not having as many sweets in the house....he is also trying to help one of our children who is over weight to think and make better choices

My husband has always been thin but with him I don't think I would be where I am today. He motivates me to exercise and eat right and he does it with me and has even lost some too