Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is hard to log into LBT these days

I am having a hard time reading that people are 1,2,3 months out and losing and happy and life is wonderful. (don't get me wrong, I am happy for you, and pissed off with me) I would give anything to trade places with the person who has only lost 40lbs in 2 months and wonders what they are doing wrong. I am 3 months out and am not losing at all, am not gaining either and am on a big fat stupid diet. My band has zero restriction, I can eat anything, am trying to stick to 1200 calories and 70g of Protein. I exercise up to 4x a week (spinning, bootcamp, power barbell), I have cut out so many foods that I would have eaten pre band it isn't even funny, and nothing is moving or changing.

I don't understand how probably cutting my calories in half isn't making a difference. If dieting would have worked for me pre band I wouldn't have got the band. I am scared now that once I reach restriction and continue to eat good and healthy and 1000-1200 calories per day that nothing is going to happen, because I am doing it now.

I go for my 3rd fill tomorrow, another 1cc - woopie. (pisses me off too that I have to drive 6hrs for this) and if I didn't have to drive 6hrs home on Sunday and fly on Wed, I would push for a bigger fill (which they probably wouldn't do) but I can't risk being in trouble in another country or 6hrs away and leaving the country the next day.

I know this is bandster hell, I know my band isn't working for me, I know it is all about willpower, I know I have to wait it out and be patient........but I don't like it. :angry: (and I don't like Christmas music either - bahh humbug) I need to have a heart to heart with my nurse tomorrow and get my spirit back in the game.

Thanks for letting me vent, and contrats to everyone who is finding success with their band and those who are getting ready to be banded.

It will get better. Praying for you that this fill will do it!

I wouldn't call 27 lbs as nothing? You may need to reign in your expectations? I only lost 12 lbs the first 4 months and I know i'm not alone.

tmf

Sorry you are frustrated. I think many of us are hoping to drop the weight very quickly and some do. However, the expectation from my doctor was to lose 1-2 lbs per week. Your surgery was about 3 months ago so from my perspective you are doing quite well and even better considering you have no/little restriction yet.

Hang in there and I hope you can cheer up. We are all eager to drop the weight quickly. You appear to be right on track.

larger people (like me) have more to lose and we sometimes lose faster/more then ones who dont have 100+ to lose (especially at the begining). dont seem fair huh..

we are all different. i am sure you would not have wanted to start out at my weight...and life for me is not all happy and go lucky...

just because i lost more then joe blow doesnt make me better or vice versa. i have alot to lose and a long way to go so i have to keep trying hard.

and if you have lost and you have, and are eating well and def exercising (hell i cant even do anything you are). .be proud of yourself and i guaran--damn-t--it that you are and have lost inches and that is amazing and what counts.

keep doing what you are doing.

you are doing good.

bee well

Well the biggest issue you have is that you are full of anger which stress causes no weight loss. There are many people out there that do not lose right off the bat. It takes time and if this early in the game you are so angry over only losing 27lbs then what will happen when you hit a plateu that may last for months. I spent almost a year with no weight loss but I never gave up. If you are so angry you need to rethink what you are doing and get off the pity bus and move forward. Getting fills is not going to make you lose weight it will just help with hunger. If you don't stop stressing then you wont lose weight.

I feel for you. really I do!!

I just would like to tell you what I tell myself when I have "that feeling" that your post seems to have.

What else do you have to lose? You are eating healthier, less, exercising more, lost 27lbs. Quiet your inner voice and relax. The band is a proven successful tool to a lifestyle change. You have done great in changing the lifestyle. Now get out of your own way and let the band do it's job, in due time of course.

What you are risking with your expectations and your current mindset? You already know the answer. Past behavior is the best way to predict future behavior. So, like me, you have probably gone on countless diets before and felt the same way as you do now and you GAVE UP! The mindset has to change or the pattern will repeat itself.

You are a success story in progress!

Just know that I am talking to you as if i were talking to myself because I have been there, done that, worn every t-shirt (men's sizes only)

Head up, shoulders back, and for goodness sake, quiet that voice inside!

Bee well!

I should have read this post before I posted

I was right there with you. I am 4 months out and lost 30 total.... the first 25 lbs were in the first month when I was on the pre and post op diets.... I have only lost 5 lbs in the last 3 months. Finally after my 2nd fill 2 weeks ago I started feeling very restricted and feel like I am where I should be with how much and what I am eating but it has taken me 4 months to get here and I completely felt defeated for being plateaued for so long! Good luck to you and hopefully you start feeling more positive again!

This journey is a process and not an event...you did not become obese overnight, nor will all the weight you want to loose be gone rapidly. Patience is a life skill I've had to learn during the past 10 months.

Peace of mind is a priceless commodity...so look for what would reassure you that you really are on the "right track", because you are. It might be helpful if you consulted with a nutritionist who would be able to assist you with identifying good menu choices.

It is therapeutic to "vent", and to let go of your anger and frustration, so posting is a good idea as well. If you continue to follow your surgeon's instructions, and continue to exercise, the weight will come off.

Take a day and a pound at a time...

Hang in there hopefully this fill will get you there.

Thank you to all of you who took the time out of your day to respond to my little pity moment. I know 27lbs is good, I am just frustrated..........6hr drive for fills and appts sucks too. Fill tomorrow, will chat with the nurse. Stay tuned, all will be good in my world.