Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Butternut Squash Soup

Got another question.......Has anyone tried the butternut squash Soup? It sounds so gross, and smells even worse, but it is SOOOOO good. I'm going back to get somemore today for after the surgery when I can eat mushies.

I was so excited for squash Soup but I tried it, and hated it -- no idea why I love squash! My mainstay in the mushy & liquid phase was pureed chili with a small dab of sour cream and guacamole on it............I did eat alot of squash though. Just not in soup form. Maybe I tried the wrong one......................

I LOVE squash soup! Any kind! The absolute easiest recipe (besides buying ready-made....) is using canned pureed pumpkin. I love Indian food so I make mine with curry and a pinch of garam masala. It is so tasty but right now, I'm so sick of liquids, I don't even want that. Butternut squash, Acorn squash, even cucumber! Try them all!

I just got done eating some, no kidding. I buy Campbells Selects...love it !! It kept me sane during the liquid stage / mushie stage.

Whats really good is Acorn Squash. Cut in half, take out the seeds and stringy part. Bake upside down on a cookie sheet 350 degrees for one hour. When its done scoop it out and you can add salt or butter to it. Mash it up and viola! Its out of this world.

I love squash but have never had squash Soup. I am going to Google for a recipe. Is the Campbell's one of those new ones in the little cartons?

I have a great recipie for this I made it once a week while I was in the liquid stage.

• 6 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 4 tablespoons margarine
  • 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash about one large squash
  • 3 cups of chicken broth
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 4 oz cream cheese

<CONCORDANCE-END /><HR class=hr1 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 8px 0px 0px; PADDING-TOP: 8px">DIRECTIONS:

<CONCORDANCE-BEGIN />

:hungry:

1. <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000">In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, Water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
  2. Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.

I actully par boilded the squash so it would peel easier.

I love squash but have never had squash Soup. I am going to Google for a recipe. Is the Campbell's one of those new ones in the little cartons?

Yes, the Campbells (umm, umm, good!) is a 2 serving carton. All of the different flavors are good. :hungry:

Yes, its in the little gold boxes. I didn't care for the mushroom or tomatoe one but the butternut squash one is delicious IMHO.

When I was on full liquids, butternut squash Soup was a staple. My favorite was Trader Joe's, and I would add in one cap of red wine vinegar and some garlic powder and sea salt. Yummm....